Check your account email address ×

You are welcome

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Bullshit.....a fuck ton of people have been raped blind. All those who were robbed by wall street in 2008 should burn washington to the ground. Instead of people being jailed they got a bailout and are back at it again. Add their losses to our deficit and right back in business. Fuck you and fuck them 

you mean those people who if they hadn't panicked and dumped out would have a nice return on those dollars. As i just said above,  marathon not sprint.  nothing has been proven ot be a better vehicle for retirement if you don't have a pension than a 401k.  

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

you mean those people who if they hadn't panicked and dumped out would have a nice return on those dollars. As i just said above,  marathon not sprint.  nothing has been proven ot be a better vehicle for retirement if you don't have a pension than a 401k.  

the sky is falling and people panic.....its human nature. Peoples retirements should not be the play things of the fucking street. You know that and I know it. 

Just now, f7ben said:

the sky is falling and people panic.....its human nature. Peoples retirements should not be the play things of the fucking street. You know that and I know it. 

People need to not do that and realize there is no better place to get a return on investment.  While it's convenient to say everything was great when everyone had a pension reality is not everyone had a pension.  Clearly more 40 years ago had them than now but people have always had issues with retirement savings,  it's why we have SS now because it was such as issue.  End of the day unless they are paying me a defined benefit pension i'll take controlling my investments over any other options we have right now.  SS would be more solvent had it been invested in the overall market not just treasuries.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

People need to not do that and realize there is no better place to get a return on investment.  While it's convenient to say everything was great when everyone had a pension reality is not everyone had a pension.  Clearly more 40 years ago had them than now but people have always had issues with retirement savings,  it's why we have SS now because it was such as issue.  End of the day unless they are paying me a defined benefit pension i'll take controlling my investments over any other options we have right now.  SS would be more solvent had it been invested in the overall market not just treasuries.  

responsible pensions mixed with a well managed SS benefit and a supplemental 401k mixed in. This is the path that would work best. All of our eggs in the basket of wall street fucks is a recipe for generational slavery from time to time 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That is simply not true.  Everyone's risk tolerence varies greatly.  Why should everyone's returns be steimeed cause some can't stomach a short term loss.  You are there for the long term and there should be choices, gic's for the weak, pure equities for the real men.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Greed has it's risks.  And it's all greed....on both sides.  I got hosed too but I recognize it's because I failed to see the signs of something just not being right or not recognizing SOOO much was wrong...because the lie was a lot more fun to believe.  

There are other options for retirement that carry much less risk...and the return shows that.  Why don't people take the "safe bet"?    See my first word.

And...as Gordon said:

"....Greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.  Greed is right.  Greed works.  Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.  Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind."

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Greed has it's risks.  And it's all greed....on both sides.  I got hosed too but I recognize it's because I failed to see the signs of something just not being right or not recognizing SOOO much was wrong...because the lie was a lot more fun to believe.  

There are other options for retirement that carry much less risk...and the return shows that.  Why don't people take the "safe bet"?    See my first word.

And...as Gordon said:

"....Greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.  Greed is right.  Greed works.  Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.  Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind."

For as big of an idiot as your are you still dont make my concern line. You are sharp enough to manage your own retirement and you know the risks.....cant you understand that there are a lot of people who just cant do that and a ripe to be screwed by all kinds of financial predators? Pensions guaranteed us a viable middle class that was building wealth and passing it on generation by generation. Just look at the wealth concentration occurring now and ask yourself why.

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

For as big of an idiot as your are you still dont make my concern line. You are sharp enough to manage your own retirement and you know the risks.....cant you understand that there are a lot of people who just cant do that and a ripe to be screwed by all kinds of financial predators? Pensions guaranteed us a viable middle class that was building wealth and passing it on generation by generation. Just look at the wealth concentration occurring now and ask yourself why.

I understand that.  I also understand that the laws to prevent that are pretty strong.  The penalties are what I find weak.  "White collar crimes" should stop being treated as such.  THAT is something we can both agree....SLIT THOSE THROATS FIRST!!!!!

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

responsible pensions mixed with a well managed SS benefit and a supplemental 401k mixed in. This is the path that would work best. All of our eggs in the basket of wall street fucks is a recipe for generational slavery from time to time 

you do know where pension moneys invested right :dunno:  

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I understand that.  I also understand that the laws to prevent that are pretty strong.  The penalties are what I find weak.  "White collar crimes" should stop being treated as such.  THAT is something we can both agree....SLIT THOSE THROATS FIRST!!!!!

There you go....now you're thinking f7ben style !!!!!!!!!111111111

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

K.  Now...if I can only get you to start thinking just a bit more Zambroski style.......

:lol:

let me drink a gallon of antifreeze.....I'll be right back :lol: 

48 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

if you want to add something that really has no real bearing on the conversation glass steagal never should have been eliminated.  

You know it has immense bearing on the whole picture

Funnel massive amounts of retirement money into the market , remove the regulation restricting banks from using deposit funds to invest and then watch the fucking profits soar until the bubble bursts.....when it does the taxpayer bails them out and then its wash rinse repeat

Along the way there are plenty of dead bodies and bag holders and destroyed lives

Perfect capitalism 

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

You , your dad , me , Drew our friends etc etc etc are not all average people.....we all think and function on a level above the joe blow driving a forklift at the local distribution center. Put yourself in the position of that guy and what his options are. That is the reality and I want whats best for the middle class working stiff of this country. Thats all ....the middle class is the salt of this nation and they deserve to be treated with respect....not as the engine that drives the wealth of the vampires 

I can’t disagree with that at all. 

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That is simply not true.  Everyone's risk tolerence varies greatly.  Why should everyone's returns be steimeed cause some can't stomach a short term loss.  You are there for the long term and there should be choices, gic's for the weak, pure equities for the real men.

Bingo!

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

And...as Gordon said:

"....Greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.  Greed is right.  Greed works.  Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.  Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind."

Greed, that is the word.  It's what drives people to success and failure.  The key is to know what risk tolerance you are comfortable with, if you can't stomach a 0.5% contraction in your investments, stay the hell out of the markets and accept dismal returns and realize you will be working for you money for the rest of your life, there is no other way to say this.  Some will take some risk in the markets and invest in more speculative opportunities, with the realization there could be losses along the way but the long term goal is the real target.  Others will want to be in control of their own destiny and invest entirely in themselves and let the chips fall where they may.  You may lose it all or come up with much bigger gains.  To each their own.

Defined pensions, at least in Nookville must guarantee a 7.5% return for the plan and that is not gonna happen in low risk income only investments, that is why they have gone the way of the dodo bird.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Greed, that is the word.  It's what drives people to success and failure.  The key is to know what risk tolerance you are comfortable with, if you can't stomach a 0.5% contraction in your investments, stay the hell out of the markets and accept dismal returns and realize you will be working for you money for the rest of your life, there is no other way to say this.  Some will take some risk in the markets and invest in more speculative opportunities, with the realization there could be losses along the way but the long term goal is the real target.  Others will want to be in control of their own destiny and invest entirely in themselves and let the chips fall where they may.  You may lose it all or come up with much bigger gains.  To each their own.

Defined pensions, at least in Nookville must guarantee a 7.5% return for the plan and that is not gonna happen in low risk income only investments, that is why they have gone the way of the dodo bird.

:iagree:

I've seen many 401k option packages for employees.  They really are set up very easy to read.  Almost cartoonish with big colors and small words that give choices based on risk and describe what the risks are vs. the possible returns.  Guess what most pick?  YEP...BIG MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And I don't blame them.   The issue I have is when it goes the way of the risk part and blame for everyone else is the soup dejure.  I've felt it...it hurts.  But...I SIGNED UP FOR IT!  And did it again and made most back.  Well, mostly most anyway.  

Now, the issue Ben and others want to make is some had their hands in the shit pot fucking it up...and they're not wrong...cocksuckers are everywhere!  But we all have a part in this system, some people chose passive parts and others go the more active route.  The system isn't perfect.  But I just don't see any better.  And apparently, the rest of the world doesn't either.   And since I'm here for a limited time, i'm not going to waste it trying to change the system to something it cannot be...or hasn't been proven.  I'm gonna learn the rules and play to the best of my ability.  Sometimes that means accepting my own limitations on that ability.

IS...what it is.

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

:iagree:

I've seen many 401k option packages for employees.  They really are set up very easy to read.  Almost cartoonish with big colors and small words that give choices based on risk and describe what the risks are vs. the possible returns.  Guess what most pick?  YEP...BIG MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And I don't blame them.   The issue I have is when it goes the way of the risk part and blame for everyone else is the soup dejure.  I've felt it...it hurts.  But...I SIGNED UP FOR IT!  And did it again and made most back.  Well, mostly most anyway.  

Now, the issue Ben and others want to make is some had their hands in the shit pot fucking it up...and they're not wrong...cocksuckers are everywhere!  But we all have a part in this system, some people chose passive parts and others go the more active route.  The system isn't perfect.  But I just don't see any better.  And apparently, the rest of the world doesn't either.   And since I'm here for a limited time, i'm not going to waste it trying to change the system to something it cannot be...or hasn't been proven.  I'm gonna learn the rules and play to the best of my ability.  Sometimes that means accepting my own limitations on that ability.

IS...what it is.

When I started working in 88 I wasn't too happy with the laws limiting investment in what is your equivalent to a 401K, and after 3 years I was able to pull out a whole $500 into a locked in retirement fund when I left the company.  I vowed never to be part of a BS fund and my next career movement I made it clear I wanted no part of a defined pension plan.  So after a couple of years, the company noticed I had skipped the mandatory enrollment and started questioning me.  I quickly pointed out their investment returns for a defined contribution plan were horrible at less than 1.5% and wanted no part of it, they said I need to to be as it was mandatory.  I told them I would resign rather than be part of a plan that would hold back my retirement.  They listened to me and totally scrapped their BS pension plan earning 1.5% for a flexible plan tailored to each individual employee.  Of course most went for the all equity offering and made like 33% their first year.   I still get many thanks many years later for that move that has made many very happy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

When I started working in 88 I wasn't too happy with the laws limiting investment in what is your equivalent to a 401K, and after 3 years I was able to pull out a whole $500 into a locked in retirement fund when I left the company.  I vowed never to be part of a BS fund and my next career movement I made it clear I wanted no part of a defined pension plan.  So after a couple of years, the company noticed I had skipped the mandatory enrollment and started questioning me.  I quickly pointed out their investment returns for a defined contribution plan were horrible at less than 1.5% and wanted no part of it, they said I need to to be as it was mandatory.  I told them I would resign rather than be part of a plan that would hold back my retirement.  They listened to me and totally scrapped their BS pension plan earning 1.5% for a flexible plan tailored to each individual employee.  Of course most went for the all equity offering and made like 33% their first year.   I still get many thanks many years later for that move that has made many very happy.

You sound like a real faggot 111!!!!!!!!11111