• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1trailmaker

• Jimmy Snacks

• ckf

• Blackstar

• Gold Member
On 4/16/2022 at 8:46 PM, irv said:

Wish I coulda seen the original skynyrd line up (to young) but I have seen them four times now in recent years. 

Skynyrd was our first dance song at our wedding.

Edited by 800renegaderider
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Wish I coulda seen the original skynyrd line up (to young) but I have seen them four times now in recent years. 

Skynyrd was our first dance song at our wedding.

Same here, but like you, my wife and I went to see them about 4-5 yrs ago now at the Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto. 38 Special then ZZ Top opened for them. We missed 38 Special due to train delays but seen ZZ Top who were excellent, then of course the main event in Skynyrd. It was an excellent concert to say the least.

Great song as your first dance! 

WP_20180811_21_49_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20180811_19_16_19_Pro (2).jpg

• Like 1

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, irv said:

Same here, but like you, my wife and I went to see them about 4-5 yrs ago now at the Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto. 38 Special then ZZ Top opened for them. We missed 38 Special due to train delays but seen ZZ Top who were excellent, then of course the main event in Skynyrd. It was an excellent concert to say the least.

Great song as your first dance! 

WP_20180811_21_49_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20180811_19_16_19_Pro (2).jpg

That must of been a good concert with ZZ Top too 👍. They put on a good show. I wish they’d play some of their good less radio hit songs but still a good time.

23 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

That must of been a good concert with ZZ Top too 👍. They put on a good show. I wish they’d play some of their good less radio hit songs but still a good time.

It was, even though it was my second time seeing them. I hear you on the rest of the songs you're alluding to. I would have loved to hear Curtis Loew, The Needle and the Spoon and Was I right or wrong but am still real glad they played Simple Man. 

Edited by irv
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

.38 Special is playing here for Venetian Festival here this Summer but I see there is only one original member...no Donny Van Zant...had to retire because of hearing loss.😔

Edited by Jimmy Snacks