• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1trailmaker

• Jimmy Snacks

• ckf

• Blackstar

I don't know why but lately I've been on an Alice in Chains kick. I really don't think I appreciated how good they were back in the early 90's. A rare band that in alot of there songs sound better live than they do on their recordings. That 1996 MTV Unplugged session they did was the best ever IMO.  What else can you say about Layne Staley.........what a vocal monster he was. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I remember when I was in high school, there was a teach who started talking about music and how as you get older there will be songs that take you back to a certain place in time. He named songs that took him back to his high school days or events or the people who came into his life. I didn't understand it at the time. Songs were fleeting. As a teen, they came and went. 

Well, he was right cause every time I hear White Rabbit I go back to when I was 16. A buddy and I had nothing to do on a Saturday during summer break so he convinced me that we could sneak into a strip club where they didn't check ID. So we went and walked right in. I ordered a Rye and Coke cause that was the only drink I knew. We sat there in a mostly empty bar. There were a few bikers at a table in the corner sitting with a couple dancers.  A dancer took the stage. She was  young and blonde, hippyish, in her barefeet and little summer dress. The first song she danced to was White Rabbit.

That was 39 years ago.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I remember when I was in high school, there was a teach who started talking about music and how as you get older there will be songs that take you back to a certain place in time. He named songs that took him back to his high school days or events or the people who came into his life. I didn't understand it at the time. Songs were fleeting. As a teen, they came and went. 

Well, he was right cause every time I hear White Rabbit I go back to when I was 16. A buddy and I had nothing to do on a Saturday during summer break so he convinced me that we could sneak into a strip club where they didn't check ID. So we went and walked right in. I ordered a Rye and Coke cause that was the only drink I knew. We sat there in a mostly empty bar. There were a few bikers at a table in the corner sitting with a couple dancers.  A dancer took the stage. She was  young and blonde, hippyish, in her barefeet and little summer dress. The first song she danced to was White Rabbit.

That was 39 years ago.

Great story. :bc: