Check your account email address ×

Who the fuck has my torque wrench!!!!!!!

Zambroski

Just now, Zambroski said:

After all these years, I still haven't learned to keep track of the tools I loan out!!!!!!!!!!!

I need better friends.

:lol:

Just go German specs, goodintight. No torque wrench needed. :bc: 

Or go Wisconsin torque specs, tighten it until it strips, back it off a 1/4 turn. :crazy:

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

After all these years, I still haven't learned to keep track of the tools I loan out!!!!!!!!!!!

I need better friends.

I think you need a better memory, you are going senile forget who you lent it to :flush: 

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I need better friends.

Check up your ass. You probably left it there after your last Magnum Marathon.

15 minutes ago, bussman said:

Or go Wisconsin torque specs, tighten it until it strips, back it off a 1/4 turn. :crazy:

:lmao:Back off only quarter turn!! Shit!!!

Wisconsin people torque their headlight bulbs....after they learn how to change them? :lol:

That was unfair to a lot of good sledders I know in WI.  Sorry.

And yeah, I prefer not to strip clutching bolts if I can help it....I hear they may be important. :dunno:

11 minutes ago, Momorider said:

I think you need a better memory, you are going senile forget who you lent it to :flush: 

Oh...I'm fucking losing it.  Not MC yet...I'll end it all once I get to his halfway point.  If I can remember to.

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Check up your ass. You probably left it there after your last Magnum Marathon.

Wut?  Do kayaks have torque specs?

:lmao:

16 minutes ago, bussman said:

That doesn't always work :lol:  I need a torque wrench that goes to 405ft#s  Buddy of mine from work has a buddy who owns a shop that's gonna let me borrow his. Only need it for 2 bolts, so I sure as fuck ain't going out and buying one.  We have some here at the shop, but I need it for my truck, so does me no good. 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

Torque wrenches are on the list of tools I don't loan out. Motor megers,chain saws,large Hammer drill bits,snowmobiles, micrometers, refractometer,etc. If said friend owns one and it is on another job or is out for repair,I will take exception. 

38 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

That doesn't always work :lol:  I need a torque wrench that goes to 405ft#s  Buddy of mine from work has a buddy who owns a shop that's gonna let me borrow his. Only need it for 2 bolts, so I sure as fuck ain't going out and buying one.  We have some here at the shop, but I need it for my truck, so does me no good. 

That's great , now who's arms are you going to borrow  because yours will have all that they can do to pic up the wrench , nevermind the 405 lbs of torque .  :bc:

6 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Torque wrenches are on the list of tools I don't loan out. Motor megers,chain saws,large Hammer drill bits,snowmobiles, micrometers, refractometer,etc. If said friend owns one and it is on another job or is out for repair,I will take exception. 

I've got a good one at home, but it only goes up to 300ft#. Need to torque 2 bolts to 406ft#    I have access to one at the shop, but I can't take it home

3 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Can't do that either.  

Me neither, which sucks, because the last job I could damn near bring the sled into some of the machine shops.  

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

On certain jobs mine requires a cal cert. they don't get loaned out. 

My new job and the last one, we cal. torque wrenches daily.  Some even get replaced yearly.  Have a whole big ass Lista with nothing but torque wrenches and their attachments in it.  

22 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I've got a good one at home, but it only goes up to 300ft#. Need to torque 2 bolts to 406ft#    I have access to one at the shop, but I can't take it home

What the fuck on a truck requires 405 foot pounds? Do you mean inch pounds? Be careful you don't bend the frame on the Raptor if you are doing a true 405 foot pounds. :snack:

Edited by Woodtick

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

What the fuck on a truck requires 405 foot pounds? Do you mean inch pounds? Be carful you don't bend the frame on the Raptor if you are doing a true 405 foot pounds. :snack:

He got those spikey lug nut caps.  His new billet oil cap gets torqued to 710 pounds!

I barely use the one I got.  And 94.3% of the time I use the Bussman institute standard.  Over the years, I've learned to calibrate it to a very high level  of precision tightness before the stud snap sclean off. :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Me neither, which sucks, because the last job I could damn near bring the sled into some of the machine shops.  

My new job and the last one, we cal. torque wrenches daily.  Some even get replaced yearly.  Have a whole big ass Lista with nothing but torque wrenches and their attachments in it.  

A few times a year we do a job where the torque has to be witnessed and signed off by the customer.

12 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

A few times a year we do a job where the torque has to be witnessed and signed off by the customer.

Nothing quite like that for me, even in med device!

8 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I bet he is rocking the new Dick star rims?

IMG_2090.JPG

I bet his are black though.  

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ha!  Found my old one...and think I know who has my good one!  Tha negro!!!!!!

i think I've had this one since high school!  Holy shit!  Memories!  Crusty old bitch!!!

I've still got my first set of tools from 30+ years ago.  My dad has them in his basement, along with his tools.  They'll all be mine when he's gone.  I don't want them anytime soon. 

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

We use to be able to but it's hard these days. My truck will be down for a couple days so there's no way I'll be able to work on it here. 

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

What the fuck on a truck requires 405 foot pounds? Do you mean inch pounds?

Be carful you don't bend the frame on the Raptor if you are doing a true 405 foot pounds. :snack:

Lower shock bolts 406'# 

9_9:finger: