Check your account email address ×

Saturday night post anything thread

SSFB

Also, one of the guys we played against today was a Pastor at a church and he's been fighting pancreatic cancer for over a year. Doing chemo that entire time and it was pretty amazing how good of spirit he was in and how well he was able to play. Major props and all the best to him. :bc:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

Also, one of the guys we played against today was a Pastor at a church and he's been fighting pancreatic cancer for over a year. Doing chemo that entire time and it was pretty amazing how good of spirit he was in and how well he was able to play. Major props and all the best to him. :bc:

Wow I thought pancreatic was a death sentence, good luck to your  Pastor :bc: 

5 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Wow I thought pancreatic was a death sentence, good luck to your  Pastor :bc: 

I thought the same. My jaw about hit the floor when he said he had been fighting pancreatic cancer for a year and here he was playing golf, good golf!

Not my pastor as I don't practice but nonetheless a person I would gladly associate with again, a model Christian from what I saw. :bc:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I have an atrocious driving record and with buying a new car they want a fuckton of money for the premium. %10 off is %10 off. :bc:

I took a volunteer Defensive Driving course twice some years ago, not that it matters but I've been driving since 1963 and have never gotten a ticket for anything except a parking ticket long time ago.

13 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Got the bucket and blower back on the tractor after being all apart for paint. 

Got boat put away on new rack by strapping to bucket of tractor.

Rearranged everything so it fits in the 30x40. Ram, Corolla, Mustang, 56 Chevy, tractor and boat. 

Was a tough day with only 1 arm!

20170923_165350.jpg

20170923_144259.jpg

20170919_172844.jpg

Nice mancave, real nice. :bc: 

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Thursday when we started filling.IMG_0388.thumb.JPG.6c51d14c05994cb80721a2be00562975.JPG

Nice.  Just picked up this for the back deck, gets wired up tomorrow.  I'm a little bittersweet, as I really wanted another sled this year, but this kinda ate up the budget  :bc: IMG_1268.thumb.jpg.44e957ffe3249c49dc00372778ee27e3.jpgIMG_1269.thumb.jpg.d49021298093ddc6d464b85bae5a21f0.jpg

12 hours ago, SSFB said:

God bless him.  I was talking to an 82 year old guy yesterday who was fully cancer free after 3 years of liver cancer treatment.  Good things happening right now with cancer treatment.  One of my best buds was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer almost 3 years ago. He's on some clinical trial, takes 14 grand worth of meds a month, and other than not being able to drink, he's been in perfect health.  He got a MM card and now does the vape pens and non alcohol beer for a buzz, which I think is better than being a boozer. :lol:  Never smoked a day in his life.  10 years ago, he'd be dead by now. :bc: 

12 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Putting new rockers on the old F150

What year?  Those things are notorious.

Edited by DriftBusta

31 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Nice.  Just picked up this for the back deck, gets wired up tomorrow.  I'm a little bittersweet, as I really wanted another sled this year, but this kinda ate up the budget  :bc: IMG_1268.thumb.jpg.44e957ffe3249c49dc00372778ee27e3.jpgIMG_1269.thumb.jpg.d49021298093ddc6d464b85bae5a21f0.jpg

God bless him.  I was talking to an 82 year old guy yesterday who was fully cancer free after 3 years of liver cancer treatment.  Good things happening right now with cancer treatment.  One of my best buds was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer almost 3 years ago. He's on some clinical trial, takes 14 grand worth of meds a month, and other than not being able to drink, he's been in perfect health.  He got a MM card and now does the vape pens and non alcohol beer for a buzz, which I think is better than being a boozer. :lol:  Never smoked a day in his life.  10 years ago, he'd be dead by now. :bc: 

What year?  Those things are notorious.

What did that tub run ya? How many person? What options?

7 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

What did that tub run ya? How many person? What options?

Its a Thermo Spa Concorde (medium size 4-5 people)  Platinum (most number of jets) about 11gs.  Came with steps, neck jets, LEDs, cover, ozonator, delivery, etc..  We had one at the last house and it got used a bunch in the 11 years we had it.  This ones way nicer than the Caldera we used to have.  I choked on the price, but its got alot of features that are just better, from the filtration to the cabinet, pumps, fittings etc..  Best part is that gray thing covering the filters, flips upside down and has a mini ice chest for beers and cocktails :lol:  :bc: 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Its a Thermo Spa Concorde (medium size 4-5 people)  Platinum (most number of jets) about 11gs.  Came with steps, neck jets, LEDs, cover, ozonator, delivery, etc..  We had one at the last house and it got used a bunch in the 11 years we had it.  This ones way nicer than the Caldera we used to have.  I choked on the price, but its got alot of features that are just better, from the filtration to the cabinet, pumps, fittings etc..  Best part is that gray thing covering the filters, flips upside down and has a mini ice chest for beers and cocktails :lol:  :bc: 

Good lord that baby has everything!:ylsuper:

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Oh nice! My wifes bugged me for yrs to get onebut i cant justify the cost...we only get about 3 months of warm weather here and the bugs are very bad...id have to build a whole enclosure...shes got a 2 person jetted tub inside thats good enough. :lol:

Id definitely get her what you got when we move back to Ontario. :lol:

Probably not that fancy though.

4 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Oh nice! My wifes bugged me for yrs to get onebut i cant justify the cost...we only get about 3 months of warm weather here and the bugs are very bad...id have to build a whole enclosure...shes got a 2 person jetted tub inside thats good enough. :lol:

Id definitely get her what you got when we move back to Ontario. :lol:

Probably not that fancy though.

This one gets used the most in the cool weather, hardly ever in the warm weather.  We have a 2 person MAXX (Canadian company I guess)  jetted tub in the master, and it hardly ever gets used....cuz it takes so damn long to fill it. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Southern Ontario.

Do you mean the drains that scare you? Why?

Ive seen alot of cracked ones from the ground heaving, there are a bunch of them used along side the highway to advertise for a pool company and theyre all cracke, a guy i used to do business with had one that floated right out of the ground 18 inches in spring tine, disnt crack, then what do you do when the start to fade like a boat? 

Sorry if i sound like im dis-ing your pool cause im not, i think its beautiful, thise are just a few of the things ive seen

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

This one gets used the most in the cool weather, hardly ever in the warm weather.  We have a 2 person MAXX (Canadian company I guess)  jetted tub in the master, and it hardly ever gets used....cuz it takes so damn long to fill it. :lol: 

It gets into the -20c here at least usually from nov till the better part of march...i know it wont get used by her then.... :bc:

2 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

It gets into the -20c here at least usually from nov till the better part of march...i know it wont get used by her then.... :bc:

yeah, getting into it in those conditions is the hardest part, especially if there's a foot of snow on the cover. :lol:  I made sure, it was positioned so I could run the snowblower in and around it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Very nice Spa Mark.  After saying no for 30 years I finally conceded last summer and let the wife pick out a hot tub.  We went with a small 220 gallon unit.  It is nothing like yours but it's well built and very efficient.  We use it all the time, especially in the winter.   We converted it to salt water when we got back from New England last fall.  It's just barely salty, like less salt than in tears.  There are lots of cool options now days that reduce or eliminate the need for chemicals.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Ive seen alot of cracked ones from the ground heaving, there are a bunch of them used along side the highway to advertise for a pool company and theyre all cracke, a guy i used to do business with had one that floated right out of the ground 18 inches in spring tine, disnt crack, then what do you do when the start to fade like a boat? 

Sorry if i sound like im dis-ing your pool cause im not, i think its beautiful, thise are just a few of the things ive seen

I don't do Fiberglas. This pool is steel wall/vinyl liner. We don't have cracking or heaving problems.

In defense of the fiberglass market, I will say that if properly installed, there is no reason why a fiberglass pool should crack or heave. Any of the issues I have heard of were all related to poor installation.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't do Fiberglas. This pool is steel wall/vinyl liner. We don't have cracking or heaving problems.

In defense of the fiberglass market, I will say that if properly installed, there is no reason why a fiberglass pool should crack or heave. Any of the issues I have heard of were all related to poor installation.

No shit! Looks like a fiberglass from the pic, i didnt expand it or anything, very cool

They will heave if you get enough rain, they will float, the best pool installation cant handle extreme ground pressure

Atleast a liner pool is repairable :lol: