Check your account email address ×

Summit or RMK?

well they both are great sleds . 

I have a summit and the 1 thing I don't like is when sidehilling it really shifts crossing a trench.  yes they all bolt a bit but I think the t motion exaggerates it a bit more than others . you can get a lock out that they say eliminates the jolt.   shot is great in fact #1 reason I bought the sled  . but the guage is shit . but then really you never look at them much in the hills any way . I like clickers on the doo clutch for quick adjustments .

rmk is deff has better shock package in base models and in season sleds . but if buying to keep out west it really means jack shit . 

in all honesty you can't go wrong with the doo or poo just depends on what kind of ride you like .

all that said I want a alpha.  just because lol 

both 850s are pretty equal we have raced them both on lakes and up the hills many times .

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

I've rode out west twice, we have one rookie in the group.

Anything you can do on the doo will be easier on the rmk. 

If you are in fresh untouched powder, it doesn't matter, though the summit will trench out easier. Rmk floats and gets on top of snow much easier. 

Sidehill on tracked up shit will be easier on rmk. 

RMK rewards experienced aggressive backcountry riders. But if you aren't all that good, you will screw it into the snow on its side often. 

Summit easier to ride until you start doing more technical type stuff. Then RMK is much better. 

If you are renting, pick a day or 2 on one, then a day or 2 on the other. 

I ride RMK's. But if I had to rent, I'd rent an Alpha AC. Just because I haven't ridden one yet.

• Thanks 1

The RMK is easier to ride for a beginner or even a moderately skilled rider. The Tmotion is incredible for experienced riders that know how to pull the sled in and out of a deep carve. The Tmotion is like riding a skateboard on a bowling ball. The sled changes direction with very little effort. Once you get used to this the sled will do amazing things with less rider input than the Poo. The Polaris is just easier to ride and more forgiving when you make mistakes  

Like mentioned, rent both for a few days.  You will notice the difference immediately. Two completely different sleds. 

21 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Better chassis

still waiting on why you think this .

what part of the poo chassis or should I say what do you like better about the handling of it ? 

I like the poo best when guys have the limmiter strap as loose as she goes . 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

still waiting on why you think this .

what part of the poo chassis or should I say what do you like better about the handling of it ? 

I like the poo best when guys have the limmiter strap as loose as she goes . 

Lighter, stronger.  Seems to get up on top of snow better.  Feels more balanced on side hills.  Just feels more nimble and smaller.

Edited by BOHICA

Just now, BOHICA said:

Lighter, stronger.  Seems to get up on top of snow better.  Feels more balanced on side hills.  Just feels more nimble and smaller.

I disagree about the nimble feel .

I won't disagree about holding a side hill but when you want to cut up the hill from that side hill the doo is just a quick slide your foot back and push brap it and she cuts,right up .no jumping to the side no yanking . but yes running a long side hill the doo deff takes more throttle control the poo is extremely forgiving with a huge sweet spot . 

I like them both but I like a looser sled . again why I really want the alpha .

most guys think the doo feels smaller when jumping off a pro .