Check your account email address ×

Electric Car-Owners Shocked: New Study Confirms EVs Considerably Worse For Climate Than Diesel Cars

5 minutes ago, DUMPY said:

Still more accurate than CNN

There is a diffference (though it doesnt matter to many) between major networks and these fake news tabloids. CNN, FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC they have to live and die by their reports. If they report something "fake" or from an unreliable source they can get crucified. Those other jibber jabber sites not so much. Most people with a brain dont give them much credibility. Thats why you dont see those big networks running with alot of those bullshit stories. :thumbsup:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

There is a diffference (though it doesnt matter to many) between major networks and these fake news tabloids. CNN, FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC they have to live and die by their reports. If they report something "fake" or from an unreliable source they can get crucified. Those other jibber jabber sites not so much. Most people with a brain dont give them much credibility. Thats why you dont see those big networks running with alot of those bullshit stories. :thumbsup:

:lol:  Rarely.  

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

You mean like collusion ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Zero hedge and jihad watch

Fucking twitter rots your brain

Seem's to me they are just reporting a German Study.

The Brussel Times reports that a new German study exposes how electric vehicles will hardly decrease CO2 emissions in Europe over the coming years, as the introduction of electric vehicles won't lead to a reduction in CO2 emissions from highway traffic.

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The Brussel Times reports that a new German study exposes how electric vehicles will hardly decrease CO2 emissions in Europe over the coming years, as the introduction of electric vehicles won't lead to a reduction in CO2 emissions from highway traffic.

Right....and I'm sure there is no biased reasoning behind them seeking out this study and hand delivering it to the mindless fucking retards who lap up their every tweeter.

43 minutes ago, Anler said:

I dont know. CNN has been getting pounded pretty hard for their "fake news" reporting the last 3 years. :dunno:

For 3 years? In what year do they actually have to stop reporting fake news? :dunno:

47 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Oh, know it's fake news. 

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Right....and I'm sure there is no biased reasoning behind them seeking out this study and hand delivering it to the mindless fucking retards who lap up their every tweeter.

No one is lapping up anyone's tweets. zeroheadge tweets new stories out all day. This one caught my eye as I think EV's are a total waste of time

9 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Oh, know it's fake news. 

Didn't say one way or another.   Just pointing out where the study came from.      

28 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I was being funny as Ben Sights anything he doesn't post or doesn't expressly endorse as fake news. Wasn't giving you a hard time

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

So I read the article (not the study) which summizes that the extraction of rare earth minerals and the power generation (coal power plants) required to make and power the electric vehicles negates the emission savings of the electric vehicle. It also states (the article) that Elon Musks plan to save the world from emissions is a big SCAM. Direct quote below

So maybe Elon Musk's plan to save the world with electric cars is the biggest scam of our lifetime..

So I would summize that the "article" is aimed at meat heads. The study we can debate

The extracton of rare earth minerals is definitely something to be scrutinized, not just for the emissions it creates but in some countries they are actually using slave labor to extract the minerals. And it is a filthy process. But lets look at all of the other products that use these batteries, number one being cell phones. Are those a big scam? And there are countless other applications for them. Nobody is going to stop mining rare earth minerals because electric cars are a big scam. So I dont think that aspect of the equation really holds water. 

Secondly, much of the country and elsewhere is moving away from coal burning power plants to other means, mainly natural gas which has much lower emissions than coal. Whether or not electric (battery powered) cars have any long term sustainability vs. other fuels like hydrogen or methane like the article refers to is yet to be seen because they havent been introduced to the extent electic cars have. Also the electric car is still in its infancy in regards to its technology. I just read that Toyota is now hedging their bets on electric vehicles by ramping up hydrogen fuel technology. Who really knows where things are going to shake out. 

But, whatever your feelings are on "global warming" and what should be done to combat it, waiting until we burn all of the worlds fossil fuels first and then think about what will replace it is not a wise strategy. And whether or not the emissions of internal combustion engines have a roll in climate change doesnt negate the fact that these emissions contain toxins that are emitted into the air we breath, the water and soil all of which ultimately end up in us. Certainly we can do better. 

To say that Elon Musk is perpetrating a scam is just idiot speak. The man creates a product that he believes in and people actually like. That is capitalism and if you think that is a scam then PM moto and he will send you a brochure. /

Edited by Anler

1 hour ago, Anler said:

So I read the article (not the study) which summizes that the extraction of rare earth minerals and the power generation (coal power plants) required to make and power the electric vehicles negates the emission savings of the electric vehicle. It also states (the article) that Elon Musks plan to save the world from emissions is a big SCAM. Direct quote below

So I would summize that the "article" is aimed at meat heads. The study we can debate

The extracton of rare earth minerals is definitely something to be scrutinized, not just for the emissions it creates but in some countries they are actually using slave labor to extract the minerals. And it is a filthy process. But lets look at all of the other products that use these batteries, number one being cell phones. Are those a big scam? And there are countless other applications for them. Nobody is going to stop mining rare earth minerals because electric cars are a big scam. So I dont think that aspect of the equation really holds water. 

Secondly, much of the country and elsewhere is moving away from coal burning power plants to other means, mainly natural gas which has much lower emissions than coal. Whether or not electric (battery powered) cars have any long term sustainability vs. other fuels like hydrogen or methane like the article refers to is yet to be seen because they havent been introduced to the extent electic cars have. Also the electric car is still in its infancy in regards to its technology. I just read that Toyota is now hedging their bets on electric vehicles by ramping up hydrogen fuel technology. Who really knows where things are going to shake out. 

But, whatever your feelings are on "global warming" and what should be done to combat it, waiting until we burn all of the worlds fossil fuels first and then think about what will replace it is not a wise strategy. And whether or not the emissions of internal combustion engines have a roll in climate change doesnt negate the fact that these emissions contain toxins that are emitted into the air we breath, the water and soil all of which ultimately end up in us. Certainly we can do better. 

To say that Elon Musk is perpetrating a scam is just idiot speak. The man creates a product that he believes in and people actually like. That is capitalism and if you think that is a scam then PM moto and he will send you a brochure. /

Thank you for lesson professor obvious.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

I can't wait for full out electric cars!  When they can make a good power storage solution and make a performance electric, I'm down! All that instant power, it'll be great.  Be damn fun to drive!  :bc:

26 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

I can't wait for full out electric cars!  When they can make a good power storage solution and make a performance electric, I'm down! All that instant power, it'll be great.  Be damn fun to drive!  :bc:

So long as the fake catback sounds as good as the shit.:lol:

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So long as the fake catback sounds as good as the shit.:lol:

Yea, I hear ya!  Couple of years ago my wife's Cadillac SRX had a clamp take a shit on the heater hose.  They gave us a loaner until it was repaired - a 2.0 liter turbo CTS.  I was really liking the sweet roar it was making - really sounded like a performance car.  I had the windows down zipping through town and noticed all the sweet sound was coming from the speakers in the car!!  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SmeeAgain said:

I love electric cars.   More gas for the rest of us and at cheaper prices (lower demand) as well.  :bc:

Let me know when they invent the flux capacitor.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark