Check your account email address ×

Deferred Prosecution

Trudeau changed the law in the last budget bill To incorporate deferred prosecution agreements into the justice system. One of his big donor companies got caught in bribery and prostitution deals and Trudeau needed a way to let them off the hook. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STUMP said:

Sounds like typical first time offender stuff.

:lol: yah.....they always allow you to get off without a conviction when you get caught banging hookers ....kill yourself

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I've never heard of anyone I know being offered this.....of course I dont know any billionaires

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/19/prosecutors-offer-to-drop-prostitution-charges-against-robert-kraft.html

It is typicly called pre trial probation. I would imagine you have heard of that. used quite ofton in first offense drug charges

Just now, steve from amherst said:

It is typicly called pre trial probation. I would imagine you have heard of that. used quite ofton in first offense drug charges

Kill yourself!!!!

19 minutes ago, STUMP said:

If his name wasnt Kraft would you care?

Yes....I care when privileged elites get treated with preference by the justice system....dumb motherfucker

Just now, Cop Watch said:

Basically on probation, with the option to prosecute if you break probation.

Seen it in court many, many times. As stated, usually first offenders.

Bullshit......he got no conviction , nothing on his record etc etc. He should have plead guilty and then been offered the same deal a regular Joe would have got

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes....I care when privileged elites get treated with preference by the justice system....dumb motherfucker

Bullshit......he got no conviction , nothing on his record etc etc. He should have plead guilty and then been offered the same deal a regular Joe would have got

As I said, regular Joe's get this deal often. You're barking up the wrong tree on this one.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Why just the privileged?   The kid who shot up the school in Florida had a number of them.   Obama's Dept of Ed had a whole thing going with this.  

If a guy's been a law abiding citizen his whole life doesn't he deserve the same benefit of a doubt some young kid gets?   Wealth shouldn't matter.  

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well hes getting treated like you would....if it was your 1st offence.

9 minutes ago, STUMP said:

Well hes getting treated like you would....if it was your 1st offence.

Bullshit....every time I've ever been charged with any crime I was required to plead guilty , pay the fines and do the probation. All are still on my record as convictions. Never been offered a deal like this ever. In fact I have been threatened with escalating charges up to felony when I plead not guilty. I beat that charge because I had done nothing wrong and had witnesses to prove it. That didnt stop the prosecutor from threatening and trying to get me to plead. 

Edited by f7ben

As a youth, I may or may not have been offered what was referred to at the time as a Diversion Program, in which a person would attend a class or two and perform community service.  An alternative to formal hearing and/or punishment and record.  This sounds pretty similar.