Check your account email address ×

Study: Roundup Weed Killer Could Be Linked To Widespread Bee Deaths

25 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

What’s the harm in researching roundup as a possible cause? 

Nothing at all.  Excellent idea.  But many out there constantly want to put the cart before the horse, which is why there's such a negative vibe about glyphosate and causing a lot of hate and discontent when no one still really knows for sure if it's truely causing what it's being blamed for.  

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I've tried that before.  Didn't do shit until I added a little Round Up to the mix.  

I've been using that concoction for years and it works excellent, imo. I don't use the Epsom salts though, just the liquid soap and vinegar. I have no idea what the purpose of the epsom salts is as the soap makes the vinegar stick to the weeds and the vinegar does the killing.

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Anyone need me to stop by? 

DSCF8166.JPG

Probably get the cancer just looking at that thing.

I spray all sorts of chemicals around my place for the lawn and apple trees.  Typically spot spray round up every couple weeks.  Keeps things looking nice.

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, irv said:

I've been using that concoction for years and it works excellent, imo. I don't use the Epsom salts though, just the liquid soap and vinegar. I have no idea what the purpose of the epsom salts is as the soap makes the vinegar stick to the weeds and the vinegar does the killing.

Salt kills too. Look at a roadside in the spring where salt  got pushed up into snowbanks. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

When we first started hearing about this from the greenies I remember the warnings that no flowers or many fruit plants would be around in a decade or so.  :lol:  

download (31).jpg

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Salt kills too. Look at a roadside in the spring where salt  got pushed up into snowbanks. 

Oh, I know. I assumed he was just talking about just killing weeds in patios, driveways and the like. Imo, salt is not needed at all unless it keeps them away from coming back sooner? Just a shot of dish soap and some vinegar has worked very well for me. We get moss and weeds in our interlock patio and walkway and you can see the concoction killing the moss and weeds off within a few hours. I wish someone knew the reason for the epsom salts? To me it just adds another element to things that isn't necessary.