Check your account email address ×

*knock knock* "It's the police"

No charges for Md. resident who shot officers who were executing search warrant on wrong address

Two officers from the Prince George’s County Police Department in Maryland were shot while executing a search warrant for a narcotics unit – after entering the wrong apartment, according to reports.

The apartment’s residents will not face charges, because the police department in question has determined that they were acting in justified self-defense.

The nine-member police team had knocked on the door and announced themselves. Hearing no response, the officers entered the apartment with a “mechanical device,” Jennifer Donelan, a spokesperson for the police department, said at a news conference Thursday.

Once the door was open, an armed person inside the residence shot at the team, striking one officer in the hand and the other in the shoulder area.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/09/21/no-charges-for-md-residents-who-shot-officers-who-were-executing-search-warrant-on-wrong-address

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I agree with no charges.   If you charge them home invasions will just be preceeded by yelling "cops seach warrant."  Have the right god damn home or don't go busting the door down. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree with no charges.   If you charge them home invasions will just be preceeded by yelling cops seach warrant.  Have the right god damn home or don't go busting the door down. 

How about we start hiring pigs with iq's starting in the low 3 digit range.

That would help

• Like 2

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

How about we start hiring pigs with iq's starting in the low 3 digit range.

That would help

Easier yet legalize drugs. 

I honestly believe we are in bad times in this country. Your life is literally in danger from..............violence, motor vehicle collision, or police over-reaction/incompetence.

Am I the only one that thinks this way? 

6 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I honestly believe we are in bad times in this country. Your life is literally in danger from..............violence, motor vehicle collision, or police over-reaction/incompetence.

Am I the only one that thinks this way? 

No your not. People on the phone while driving scare the shit out of me. Just in this small state once a week some azzwipe crosses the center line and hits some one head on.

11 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Love it. I’d rather this happen to heavy handed cops rather than bad guys. 

Just no end to your sadness, eh?  See, your're the kind of "well armed snowflake" that gets shot in your own home, by "bad guys" by your own gun because you couldn't "reason with them".  CUZ, they had rights too!!!  :lmao:

10 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Too bad they're a bad shot.

I'm a firm believer that anyone who fires at another and doesn't kill them should turn it on themselves.   If they have any intent other than to kill them, they should fire on themselves first.

9 hours ago, Cold War said:

Yes,  getting the right address doesn’t seem all that hard. 

It's really amazing.  If we didn't know better, this is satire.  But...it's "Merica!  Astonishing.  I'm still beside myself about that half wit cop that killed the man in his own apartment because she thought it was hers.  Meh...honest mistake...whatcha gonna dEW????  I'm just glad we now live in a society that realizes making examples of idiots is too inhumane.  That way, people can just keep blundering around amung without any worries about consequenses for their actions.  It's time to go back to "mob rule" in some of these cases.  Enough already.