Check your account email address ×

850 Polaris Crank Bearing issue

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The fucking mythical land of tight and twisties :lol: fucking beta faggots and their half man sleds 

"mythical"?  WTF is a "half man sled"?  Polaris make that?  :lol: 

Lake meme.jpg

16 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

"mythical"?  WTF is a "half man sled"?  Polaris make that?  :lol: 

Lake meme.jpg

Mythical....as in fantasy land where slow ass 600 girl sleds are smoking sleds with twice or more power :lol: and a halfman sled is what betarev would ride. A 600

Edited by f7ben

20 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Is there any links for this or did you hear it from Billy Bob down the road :dunno: 

Where is Red when you need him, eh Kev? :lol:

8677eeaacd666d7a914e331d5816c730.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, irv said:

Where is Red when you need him, eh Kev? :lol:

8677eeaacd666d7a914e331d5816c730.jpg

He doesn't post here.  Like a lot of the old memebers.  I didn't and wouldn't buy a first year anything.  I was just wanting to read the link :snack:  when you get a sled from this decade we can examine and ridicule it :bc: 

18 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

He doesn't post here.  Like a lot of the old memebers.  I didn't and wouldn't buy a first year anything.  I was just wanting to read the link :snack:  when you get a sled from this decade we can examine and ridicule it :bc: 

I don't need a sled from this decade to be cool. Smart people can solve problems, wise people avoid them. :snack:

Just now, irv said:

I don't need a sled from this decade to be cool. Smart people can solve problems, wise people avoid them. :snack:

Thankfully in life we all enjoy different things :bc: 

I don’t understand how anyone knowledgeable about this sport would think buying a first year motor, let alone an 850, built by Polaris is a smart decision. The marketing team is doing well targeting these suckers. I won’t feel bad for anyone with 850 issues unless they are new, clueless and fell for the sales pitch. Everyone else should know better. And yes I ride a Poo. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 hours ago, Zamjabronie said:

On the bold:  It's the correction time needed that hurts.

I always assume equivalent skills when "jawing" .We aren't racing by remote control.

There's a reason 600 don't get dragged much.  There's also a reason XC and SX don't use 1100's.  I set my 800 up like a beefed up SX sled with stupid clutching and all the suspension.  It was fun...for a bit, but a monster to wrestle.  Too hard to control where I ride.  I'm quicker on my six.

One of the guys we ride with occasionally is a retired engineer from AC who still does work for them so, he get's all the newest shit to play with ahead of time.  He's a turbo guy and has been riding for 40 years also.  The man knows his suspension and a sled from tip to tail.  He can run good for a couple of miles but every corner or every chop sets him back.  He admits it's the wrong sled for it...but when we get to the lake (he requires it), holy fucking shit.  Not only can he work motors but his suspension tuning is set to run 100mph like he was on a cloud.  Impressive.

Honest question, if the pro snocross circuit allowed 800's what do you think everyone would be riding....6's or 8's?

Pretty obvious but I'll let you answer.   Hint why did they got to Prolite engine rules in the Pro class?

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Honest question, if the pro snocross circuit allowed 800's what do you think everyone would be riding....6's or 8's?

Actually, we've pondered the same question.  I think it depends on the racing track.  Kinda like the 121 vs. 129 vs. 137 track debate.  

XC has some open class CC racing and the pros still run their 600's when they partake.

35 minutes ago, Crowder said:

I don’t understand how anyone knowledgeable about this sport would think buying a first year motor, let alone an 850, built by Polaris is a smart decision. The marketing team is doing well targeting these suckers. I won’t feel bad for anyone with 850 issues unless they are new, clueless and fell for the sales pitch. Everyone else should know better. And yes I ride a Poo. 

@f7ben  ...who the fuck is this mutha fucka now?  :lol:

Honestly "Crowder", that debate has been around forever with vehicles I think.  It has good merit.  However, sometimes 1st year models are a good choice.  They can be overbuilt or, manued tolerances are actually spot on that get loosened up as production continues.

I think sleds probably have the worst rap with first year sleds.  And rightfully so.  I used to deny it but it sure seems pretty clear that manu's want the consumers testing (and finding) all the issues for them.  However, they are offering good deals and nice warranties with it.  SO.....   :dunno:

3 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

Actually, we've pondered the same question.  I think it depends on the racing track.  Kinda like the 121 vs. 129 vs. 137 track debate.  

XC has some open class CC racing and the pros still run their 600's when they partake.

Its because they already have 600's and that is what most are using. There is absolutely zero place where a 600 has an advantage over an 800 ....zero

Just now, Zamjabronie said:

Honestly "Crowder", that debate has been around forever with vehicles I think.  It has good merit.  However, sometimes 1st year models are a good choice.  They can be overbuilt or, manued tolerances are actually spot on that get loosened up as production continues.

I think sleds probably have the worst rap with first year sleds.  And rightfully so.  I used to deny it but it sure seems pretty clear that manu's want the consumers testing (and finding) all the issues for them.  However, they are offering good deals and nice warranties with it.  SO.....   :dunno:

IDK who the fuck this guy is but he better get to the back of the bus before I roll up a news paper and commence to beating his nose in !!!!!!!!!!!!11

Warranty doesn't mean fuck all when you break down in the bush 

Just now, Kev144 said:

Warranty doesn't mean fuck all when you break down in the bush 

Warranties don't mean a fucking thing to me.  First time it's brought in, bet on your already short-ass season being over.  I do all my own work if need be.  Hope I don't have to but......Ooopsies happen!

22 hours ago, jtssrx said:

So there are some Rumors going around there may be crank bearing issues with 850 Polaris. I ordered one and now I'm regretting it. I always say no first-year shit and I've done it three times now this would be number four

on the last release of the axis 800 a major crank issue started to show up during production . I know they shut the line down . hired one of the country's best forensic engineering firms who deal with this stuff with a open check book get it done yesterday sort of deal .they had 2 shifts going dropped a hand full of other projects  they got it straight no more gernading cases .pulled all the motors apart that were built retooled for the bad part . spent some real coin to get it correct . and jept it more or less hush hush 

they can't have another major issue and they knew it and still do . i would not buy first yr major tec quit that long ago but get the 5 yr and go with it 

Warranties don't mean a fucking thing to me.  First time it's brought in, bet on your already short-ass season being over.  I do all my own work if need be.  Hope I don't have to but......Ooopsies happen!

I wouldnt trust your average dealer mechanic to change the oil on my lawnmower

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its because they already have 600's and that is what most are using. There is absolutely zero place where a 600 has an advantage over an 800 ....zero

cheaper insurance............

:lol::bc:

I have a 600 pro S, that I kinda got stuck with (long story) I dont mind it 95% of the time..

Just now, Rigid1 said:

cheaper insurance............

:lol::bc:

I have a 600 pro S, that I kinda got stuck with (long story) I dont mind it 95% of the time..

touche !!!!!!11111

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This is a very true statement........Some of these guys...fuck me..

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The last two sleds I bought new..or close to it BOTH had shocks on backwards.  I do my own PDI's so I caught it before any damage on the one and the other (almost new) was ridden by a grandma so the piggy's just scratched the A-arms up a bit.

Imagine....buying a sled from a dealer, picking it up and riding it just like they set it up for you season after season.  :lol: It's no wonder people get out of sledding.

The last two sleds I bought new..or close to it BOTH had shocks on backwards.  I do my own PDI's so I caught it before any damage on the one and the other (almost new) was ridden by a grandma so the piggy's just scratched the A-arms up a bit.

Imagine....buying a sled from a dealer, picking it up and riding it just like they set it up for you season after season.  :lol: It's no wonder people get out of sledding.

Fucking skis routinely toed in 1/2" and track misaligned .........fucking idiots everywhere

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Fucking skis routinely toed in 1/2" and track misaligned .........fucking idiots everywhere

I used to love (still do) people picking their sled up from the dealer and complaining about it on HCS. 

Retard: "This thing rides like shit!!!!"

Non-retard: :"Did you try checking alignment, suspension settings?"

Retard: "Wut?!?!?!? NO!  FUCK THAT!  DEALER IS SUPPOSED TO DO THAT!!!!"

:lol: