Check your account email address ×

Official 2018 Formula 1 Thread

40 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No kidding....man he was one helluva talented driver. 

I liked watching him drive in the rain. That really showed how talented he truly was. I've seen him hold off guys on rain tires when he was on dry tires in the rain. One of the best for sure.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Why is Leclerc starting so far back tomorrow? 

Ferrari never sent him out for a second run figuring his time was safe.  Track evolution was huge and he got bumped out of Q1. Horrible strategy from Ferrari again

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Skeeter21i said:

Ferrari never sent him out for a second run figuring his time was safe.  Track evolution was huge and he got bumped out of Q1. Horrible strategy from Ferrari again

I thought they showed some speed at 1st, but Mercedes has been killing lately.

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, ckf said:

I thought they showed some speed at 1st, but Mercedes has been killing lately.

I just saw that Mercedes has finished 1-2 in every race so far...SMH.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I just saw that Mercedes has finished 1-2 in every race so far...SMH.

Maybe Verstappen can poke the nose of his Red Bull in there on the opening lap and shake things up?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

Maybe Verstappen can poke the nose of his Red Bull in there on the opening lap and shake things up?

That would be awesome....he is just the guy to do it!  :ylsuper:

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

I wish that Redbull would poke it's nose in there and take out Hamilton.

Dammit I'm not watching...wife is running around cleaning the house and she has pandora on...oh well I'm getting ready to head out with my daughter and the dog. I definitely want to see the beginning of the Indy 500....my favorite since I was a little crumb grabber. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Dammit I'm not watching...wife is running around cleaning the house and she has pandora on...oh well I'm getting ready to head out with my daughter and the dog. I definitely want to see the beginning of the Indy 500....my favorite since I was a little crumb grabber. 

I'm not even sure who I'm going to pull for this year in the 500. I liked pulling for the odd man out like Alonso or Kurt Busch.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm not even sure who I'm going to pull for this year in the 500. I liked pulling for the odd man out like Alonso or Kurt Busch.

Same here....I like JR Hildebrand....he almost had it won a few years back when he crashed last turn on the last lap. He isn't full time driver  anymore so it would be cool to him get some redemption. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2019 at 12:10 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Micheal Schumacher said he was afraid to race at Indy.

Ever watch the USGP at Indy?  The F1 guys would pretty much run right down the middle of the roval track portion.  I think they did that pretty much every year.  

On 5/25/2019 at 2:37 PM, ckf said:

I liked watching him drive in the rain. That really showed how talented he truly was. I've seen him hold off guys on rain tires when he was on dry tires in the rain. One of the best for sure.

I'd rate Senna, Schumacher, Clark, and Hamilton and 4 of the top 5 talents to ever walk this planet.  They at least all fall into the top 10 for sure.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Vettel on pole!

I don't think the stallions will hold of Mercedes Benz though.

Neal

I wouldn't mind seeing a red car finish in P1 :thumb:

• Like 3

I dunno, I agree that the call went with the ruling, he didn't come back onto the track in a recovering manner, he went straight to a race line and cut Hammy off.  If he meant to or not really doesn't matter.  

The entire point of a chicane is to stay on the track and be slowed down to corner, if racers can cut it off, leaving the track completely, and then block drivers that remained though the chicane it voids their use.  

IMO it shouldn't be a time penalty, but a position penalty, and applied immediately (within reason, when the ruling is made).

Neal