Check your account email address ×

Doo 850

Just now, Highmark said:

Dynotech has done a bunch of them.   Stock 16 800 was as high as 164.   Highest I've seen an 850 stock was 170 on there.  Not the same day so some variable there.   I think the process of engine/pipe temp as similar.

I'm not downplaying the 850.   It think its a awesome motor but in the research I've done its not heads and tails stronger than the doo or poo 800.   

Logged a few miles on a 800 144 Assault and I loved it.   Right now if I was buying a NA sled that would be it.   Ergo's and chassis feel simply has the most fun factor for me.   Not quite as stable feeling as the doo and cat but I've never been on a sled that simply makes you feel like you are a part of it like the poo.  

That 164 run was a glory run and I have never read anything as high as that again....I think that was a prepro juiced sled to get the doo faggots talking :lol: 

As for the rest of it......spot on. The axys is so far ahead of the rest its really easy to overlook some of the Polaris flaws and enjoy it 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

That 164 run was a glory run and I have never read anything as high as that again....I think that was a prepro juiced sled to get the doo faggots talking :lol: 

As for the rest of it......spot on. The axys is so far ahead of the rest its really easy to overlook some of the Polaris flaws and enjoy it 

Maybe so.   The 850 that was with us Sunday while strong was far from heads and tails above the 800's in the group.   The 850 was still in break in and the 2 doo 800's were stock (not even clutching mods).   I still have to laugh going screaming by all of them with my wife on front holding a number 1 finger up and the ski's a foot in the air.

So far I'm pretty impressed with the Sidewinder both power and handling.  No doubt the fun factor is in the power and puts a smile on your face that's tough to wipe off.   Still need to work on hooking up better but when it does.....DAMN.  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Maybe so.   The 850 that was with us Sunday while strong was far from heads and tails above the 800's in the group.   The 850 was still in break in and the 2 doo 800's were stock (not even clutching mods).   I still have to laugh going screaming by all of them with my wife on front holding a number 1 finger up and the ski's a foot in the air.

So far I'm pretty impressed with the Sidewinder both power and handling.  No doubt the fun factor is in the power and puts a smile on your face that's tough to wipe off.   Still need to work on hooking up better but when it does.....DAMN.  

I wish I could get over the procross but I cant.....if cat brings a better chassis with that Yamaha motor in it I will have one 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I wish I could get over the procross but I cant.....if cat brings a better chassis with that Yamaha motor in it I will have one 

Its not the doo or poo but I really don't mind it too bad for that kind of power.   Part of me wishes I got a 850 or Assault and did a sea level turbo kit.   Once guys run them a few more years I might lean that way.  190-200 HP on pump would be plenty on those sleds and the fun factor on the trail would be off the charts.  I really don't care to go much over 100 I just want to get there damn quick.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its not the doo or poo but I really don't mind it too bad for that kind of power.   Part of me wishes I got a 850 or Assault and did a sea level turbo kit.   Once guys run them a few more years I might lean that way.  190-200 HP on pump would be plenty on those sleds and the fun factor on the trail would be off the charts.  I really don't care to go much over 100 I just want to get there damn quick.  

I was chatting last year with a guy doing a flatlander silber setup on his Pro-S .....never heard how it went. 200HP would be plenty on the Axys.....a little more Jam from 30-110 would make it a complete sled for me

2 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

BRP has a announcement to make tomorrow at 1 pm , we will find out if it’s gonna be either G4 600 probably in iron dog trim for upcoming ID race or 200 HP turbo 4S for mid season model release. 

I can tell you its nothing to do with a turbo ....or more HP. Its probably a 300cc ace that gets 40mpg's and has a sweet integrated ass plug 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I can tell you its nothing to do with a turbo ....or more HP. Its probably a 300cc ace that gets 40mpg's and has a sweet integrated ass plug 

:lol:  Hey which do you prefer to buy  07 Summit XRS 151 ready to ride under 400 miles for $4500 or 06 Mach Z for $1200 but needs work such as ECM,  left side injector, 1 piston otherwise plastics / seats are near mint. 

4 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

:lol:  Hey which do you prefer to buy  07 Summit XRS 151 ready to ride under 400 miles for $4500 or 06 Mach Z for $1200 but needs work such as ECM,  left side injector, 1 piston otherwise plastics / seats are near mint. 

OMG dude that is like asking if I'd rather be lit on fire or have my balls bashed in with a meat tenderizer

07 Ptec is the worst 800 ever built aside from maybe the 09 Poo 800 ......that Mach has issues with wiring thats why it needs an ECU and if it needs a piston the rest of the motor may just as well be rebuilt. Both of those sleds are going to be massive fucking money pits 

If gun to the head I had to choose I would take the Summit and trail convert it and pray to god the motor held on for a few seasons 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Dynotech has done a bunch of them.   Stock 16 800 was as high as 164.   Highest I've seen an 850 stock was 170 on there.  Not the same day so some variable there.   I think the process of engine/pipe temp as similar.

I'm not downplaying the 850.   It think its a awesome motor but in the research I've done its not heads and tails stronger than the doo or poo 800.   

Logged a few miles on a 800 144 Assault and I loved it.   Right now if I was buying a NA sled that would be it.   Ergo's and chassis feel simply has the most fun factor for me.   Not quite as stable feeling as the doo and cat but I've never been on a sled that simply makes you feel like you are a part of it like the poo.  

The assault is pretty awesome and the poo 800 will roast an 800 etec and I've read that some guys are tuning them to run with 850's but they know the 850 has more snot. I haven't ridden an 850 but everyone who has or has lined up against one all agree they are the top dog in 800 class. 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Mine were tight at 800 miles and at 2400 they are sloppy as fuck. You can adjust them a little but it wont come close to taking up the amount of slop there now. I think NSP sells some replacement bushings and those would be the way to go. In the end its not a big issue to have to replace bearings and bushings but when they wear out in one seasons worth of miles that is bullshit 

The skidoo plastic bushings were shit too, I put oil lites in mine on season 2. I've seen they have some for the axys also. Probably not a bad idea to just swap those out. 

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

The skidoo plastic bushings were shit too, I put oil lites in mine on season 2. I've seen they have some for the axys also. Probably not a bad idea to just swap those out. 

I agree.....might as well do it now and enjoy a nice tight front end instead of letting it get to the point where the sled starts to dart a little and tell you they are done 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

OMG dude that is like asking if I'd rather be lit on fire or have my balls bashed in with a meat tenderizer

07 Ptec is the worst 800 ever built aside from maybe the 09 Poo 800 ......that Mach has issues with wiring thats why it needs an ECU and if it needs a piston the rest of the motor may just as well be rebuilt. Both of those sleds are going to be massive fucking money pits 

If gun to the head I had to choose I would take the Summit and trail convert it and pray to god the motor held on for a few seasons 

Damn lol, seems my good taste for sleds between 05 to 12 are either junk or high maint.  in perfect world rolling chassis 07 Summit XRS with 1200 4S drop in would kick ass, I really like the looks of it. 

3 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Damn lol, seems my good taste for sleds between 05 to 12 are either junk or high maint.  in perfect world rolling chassis 07 Summit XRS with 1200 4S drop in would kick ass, I really like the looks of it. 

just buy a 1200 gade and be done with it.....they never disappoint until you bend the smod 

Just now, f7ben said:

just buy a 1200 gade and be done with it.....they never disappoint until you bend the smod 

been looking for one with reaosnable miles for 5k and nothing popping up yet.  hopefully over the next few weeks i will find one for the boy to ride

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

been looking for one with reaosnable miles for 5k and nothing popping up yet.  hopefully over the next few weeks i will find one for the boy to ride

they do nothing really extremely outstanding....but on the trail they do everything good. Also I love when sleds over achieve and 1200s alway do that ....

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

That’s been doos marketing plan since 2009

Unfortunately nobody yet really has a true rough trail sled. They have been trying since the beginning of the industry to truly master rough trail and year after year, season after season they continually throw out fancy names like cross country, xcr, x, etc.. but at the end of the groomed trail and when things get fucking nasty nobody wants to ride on for long!!  The only answer for it so far has been rider forward and that was a game changer, but now we're back at a stand still again. They keep changing shocks, and trying everything else to convince the sled community that this the next best thing and all we keep doing is asking the age old question of crap I wished these trails were groomed. This is a fact. 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

they do nothing really extremely outstanding....but on the trail they do everything good. Also I love when sleds over achieve and 1200s alway do that ....

My brother won 2nd  his class with his bone Stock 1200 last weekend :lol: 

Just now, Jet said:

Unfortunately nobody yet really has a true rough trail sled. They have been trying since the beginning of the industry to truly master rough trail and year after year, season after season they continually throw out fancy names like cross country, xcr, x, etc.. but at the end of the groomed trail and when things get fucking nasty nobody wants to ride on for long!!  The only answer for it so far has been rider forward and that was a game changer, but now we're back at a stand still again. They keep changing shocks, and trying everything else to convince the sled community that this the next best thing and all we keep doing is asking the age old question of crap I wished these trails were groomed. This is a fact. 

ride an axys set up right.....there is no better rough trail chassis 

Just now, f7ben said:

no shit.....company is run by a bunch of revkevstd's

I remember when they cancelled people’s 2008 Mach Z orders telling them the Xp 800 was going to be faster anyway 

lol WRONG

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

My brother won 2nd  his class with his bone Stock 1200 last weekend :lol: 

:lol: nobody would believe me when I said that a stock 1200 would take down bigger sleds in the right hands..........and then Analers avatar happened