Check your account email address ×

Doo 850

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

Its amazing the difference proper setup and maintenance can make. I go through these things on every sled I ride

proper clutch alignment , offset and belt deflection along with clean belts and scuffed clutch sheaves 

chain tension set properly and not over tight , track tension set to just tight enough not to ratchet

track alignment perfect and ski toe set to just a 1/4 inch toe out

Then there are the small changes that can yield decent cumulative gains. Things like Delrin washers in spring cups 

Obviously the biggest thing is traction ....long studs and plenty of them wins races with your buddies !!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

I fucking love grudge racing for fun 

Clutching, studding and suspension setup wins grudge match drags.   That or having 100 HP more than the competition.  :lol:  

If your not running at least 1/2" above the lug you are probably losing.  

Honestly having a good "butt dyno" is a must as you make changes unless you have a timing system or sled to compare too.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Clutching, studding and suspension setup wins grudge match drags.   That or having 100 HP more than the competition.  :lol:  

If your not running at least 1/2" above the lug you are probably losing.  

Honestly having a good "butt dyno" is a must as you make changes unless you have a timing system or sled to compare too.  

Obsessively reading the internet and learning to decipher who is full of shit and who knows their shit helps too lolz

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

Obsessively reading the internet and learning to decipher who is full of shit and who knows their shit helps too lolz

Very true.   Its quite easy to recognize the posers from the knowledgeable tuners.  

8 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Any new 800 is a tuners race in 500-660’. 1000’ And the old CFR is going to beat everyone 

chassis efficiency becomes more prevalent as the speeds increase.......hence the old f7 world beater !!!!!!!!!11111

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

chassis efficiency becomes more prevalent as the speeds increase.......hence the old f7 world beater !!!!!!!!!11111

They had good top end. But in a drag race the f7’s get drug by the 800’s now.  My cfr would eat my old f7 alive in 660’

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

They had good top end. But in a drag race the f7’s get drug by the 800’s now.  My cfr would eat my old f7 alive in 660’

well sure.....the new sleds are making more tq by 7k rpms than the 700 did at peak 

21 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

850 is a dumb size. Why not go to at least 900

They didn't change the bore. They went with a longer stroke. They don't want big coffee can pistons slapping around. I wonder if they were limited by how long they could stroke it?

16 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

They didn't change the bore. They went with a longer stroke. They don't want big coffee can pistons slapping around. I wonder if they were limited by how long they could stroke it?

cat has had much larger pistons in very successful engines for a long time.......what the fuck is skidoo's problem?

38 minutes ago, f7ben said:

cat has had much larger pistons in very successful engines for a long time.......what the fuck is skidoo's problem?

The 850 is a new motor top to bottom just like the 600 they released today. There has to be a reason they shy away from a larger bore with a longer stroke. 

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

The 850 is a new motor top to bottom just like the 600 they released today. There has to be a reason they shy away from a larger bore with a longer stroke. 

I have no clue......I'm just saying that skidoo is a faggot company run buy faggots and marketing shit to faggots......thats all I'm trying to say :lol: 

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

SkiDoo sales will be back to blowing the rest away now that there is going to be a 600 G4. It was only a matter of time 

doo needs some help with that,  seeing more new cats and poos this year on the trails than i have seen since the REVolution began.  

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

doo needs some help with that,  seeing more new cats and poos this year on the trails than i have seen since the REVolution began.  

Yup....today again...very few ski doos....and no g4s....mostly polaris...todays ride got cut short...backs killing me and pouring rain.

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

Sales slipped a bit because the 600 has only been available in the XS chassis the last 2 years since the G4 came out.  This new 600 will be a full production for '19. Watch and see how many '19 G4s you see next year. 

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Sales slipped a bit because the 600 has only been available in the XS chassis the last 2 years since the G4 came out.  This new 600 will be a full production for '19. Watch and see how many '19 G4s you see next year. 

Not likely....people are figuring out the other brands are just as good for a cheaper price.

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

No shit.   If you are riding so hard on bumpy trails that you need more suspension than what is offered on the so called rough trail sleds then you are most likely out of control.  I'm a big guy and I can set my XRS up anywhere from stiff as hell to pretty soft (for me).   I think the older XRS's were even more stiff. 

I would say that it's someone who doesn't have a clue how to dial in a sled :bc:

38 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I have no clue......I'm just saying that skidoo is a faggot company run buy faggots and marketing shit to faggots......thats all I'm trying to say :lol: 

Lol you crazy 😜