Check your account email address ×

Okay then...

Anler

On 11/30/2017 at 11:01 AM, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Its clear most of you dont know fuck all about economics, taxes, foreign relations, drugs, crime, cars, trucks, social issues or much else really...

Do any of you know anything about snowmobiles or snowmobiling being as this is a snowmobile site? I know @Zambroski doesnt know shit about it but does anybody else have any trips planned or riding new iron? I was planning to go to the UP with Tick, Ben and Vince this weekend but looks like nothing going on. Ill be on the B-coming-Back new and improved 2015 etec looking to put on some bigly miles. Hopefully there will be some snow soon. Planning a 10-day saddlebag trip right now for February some time. But I will hit the snow as soon as its ridable, wherever that ends up being... :news:

“Trips”.

:lol:

Buttoning my sled up today after a good tear down and cleaning...which it barely needed...still, fun to do then PDI and hit torque specs myself.  Adding idlers and sway bar.  Then heading into the clutching to clean and dink around a bit.  He left his racing set up in it so I’m curious to take a look.  

It was pretty easy to tear this race sled apart.  Pretty much the same as my last Cat.  Expected....only for Cat owners though. :lmao:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

“Trips”.

Buttoning my sled up today after a good tear down and cleaning...which it barely needed...still, fun to do then PDI and hit torque specs myself.  Adding idlers and sway bar.  Then heading into the clutching to clean and dink around a bit.  He left his racing set up in it so I’m curious to take a look.  

It was pretty easy to tear this race sled apart.  Pretty much the same as my last Cat.  Expected....only for Cat owners though. :lmao:

Took you long enough, faggot... :bc:

25 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

“Trips”.

Did you have to take the bumper off to clean the clutch?:pc::lol:

26 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Gotta MOD it before you ride it. Typical cat. :lol:

:bc:

11 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Did you have to take the bumper off to clean the clutch?:pc::lol:

Yes, and it still took me two days to figure out how to get the hood off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

“Trips”.

Did the sled start life as a SX or XC sled?  Did you trail convert it?  What fuel is is set up to run?  

13 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Did the sled start life as a SX or XC sled?  Did you trail convert it?  What fuel is is set up to run?  

Full SX.  As you know, AC makes a different sled for XC.  All I’m doing to convert for now is adding a sway bar and some idlers.  Leaving shocks, gearing and clutching for now just to see but I’m sure I’m gonna need to clutch it down a bit.  Shocks may work for me though.  We’ll see.  And of course, the ECU had to be remapped as it was set up to take a 50/50 race fuel mix.  It was a custom map because it’s boy a consumer mil.  I was lucky enough to have Team Arctic work with me and give me why I wanted at the races.  Fuckibrg great guys!!!  As long as I don’t pin it across lakes...I shouldn’t burn it down. :lol: And since I don’t ride lakes, well...easy peazy!

Should be an interesting ride. Gotta take a bit to get used to I think....’bout 20 minutes!  Woo hoo!!! :lol:

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Full SX.  As you know, AC makes a different sled for XC.  All I’m doing to convert for now is adding a sway bar and some idlers.  Leaving shocks, gearing and clutching for now just to see but I’m sure I’m gonna need to clutch it down a bit.  Shocks may work for me though.  We’ll see.  And of course, the ECU had to be remapped as it was set up to take a 50/50 race fuel mix.  It was a custom map because it’s boy a consumer mil.  I was lucky enough to have Team Arctic work with me and give me why I wanted at the races.  Fuckibrg great guys!!!  As long as I don’t pin it across lakes...I shouldn’t burn it down. :lol: And since I don’t ride lakes, well...easy peazy!

Should be an interesting ride. Gotta take a bit to get used to I think....’bout 20 minutes!  Woo hoo!!! :lol:

What length track is under it?  Even with a remapped ECU I would guess you still need 93 octane nonoxygenated fuel for it.  How big is the fuel tank?  

14 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

What length track is under it?  Even with a remapped ECU I would guess you still need 93 octane nonoxygenated fuel for it.  How big is the fuel tank?  

129 1.75 paddle.  Still need at least 91.  Tank on the 17 is 7 gallons, which is good and better than the standard 3.5 they used to come with.  I don’t think I can take another tank from a different model though.  Different design with these new EFI models.  But I can always tap into the rear tank/seat support and run lines and a vent to get me an additional 3-4 gallons.  Seven gals may be enough to get me to my regular stops though.  We’ll see.

Can’t wait for a couple of good shake down runs!  

Just now, Zambroski said:

129 1.75 paddle.  Still need at least 91.  Tank on the 17 is 7 gallons, which is good and better than the standard 3.5 they used to come with.  I don’t think I can take another tank from a different model though.  Different design with these new EFI models.  But I can always tap into the rear tank/seat support and run lines and a vent to get me an additional 3-4 gallons.  Seven gals may be enough to get me to my regular stops though.  We’ll see.

Can’t wait for a couple of good shake down runs!  

Is the 17 fuel injected or Carb'd still?  If carb'd then you will need to jet accordingly to be able to run 91 octane.  I helped a kid XC race a 2015 Cat SX sled and we had to throw a bunch of fuel at it to keep it happy even with a remapped ECU.  We ended up running 95-96 octane in it for best results.  Got about 5MPG at race speed.  

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

what a useless sled :lol: mohawk helmet come with it ????? 7 gallons of gas in the tank and 4 mpg's :lol: 

Not much different then a big turboed nytro..

And it handles better then a tank too...

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Is the 17 fuel injected or Carb'd still?  If carb'd then you will need to jet accordingly to be able to run 91 octane.  I helped a kid XC race a 2015 Cat SX sled and we had to throw a bunch of fuel at it to keep it happy even with a remapped ECU.  We ended up running 95-96 octane in it for best results.  Got about 5MPG at race speed.  

17 is the first war the SX was FI.  I wasn’t going to do carbs again.

Just now, f7ben said:

what a useless sled :lol: mohawk helmet come with it ????? 7 gallons of gas in the tank and 4 mpg's :lol: 

Quiet down, Tater.  :pan:

12 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Not much different then a big turboed nytro..

And it handles better then a tank too...

T nytro would get 12+ mpg and handled beautifully. You're a fucking know nothing moron