Check your account email address ×

ballistic missile launched this morning that would have reached washington

revkev6

Since all you guys can do is discuss sexual misconduct and who loves or hates Trump as current events, I guess I have to open the floor to this discussion. North Korea has developed and fired a missile vertically that if it had been launched in a standard ballistic trajectory it would have reached Washington DC. Even if his nuclear program has not gotten to the warhead stage he still possesses chemical weapons that would devastate the heavily populated areas.

The Hwasong-15 missile fired on 29 November flew on a steep trajectory for 50 minutes, reaching an altitude of 2,800 miles (4,500 km) and distance of 620 miles, according to North Korea.

The US-based Union of Concerned Scientists said that if the numbers were correct, then the missile would have a range of 8,080 miles on a standard trajectory. That figure suggests that all of the US could theoretically be within range.

The missile appears to be an advanced version of the Hwasong-15 ICBM tested in July by North Korea, which claims this version makes it a "complete" nuclear state.

Pyongyang has not, however, proved it has the capability to marry a miniaturised nuclear warhead with a long-range missile and send it at a trajectory that would hit US cities.

It also remains unclear whether the North Koreans have perfected a re-entry vehicle capable of protecting a nuclear warhead during its descent.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I thought they did? I don’t think China would have given them the tech. Maybe, who knows. 

Well I heard some rumblings that it wasn't theirs....possibly Chinese or Russian. Pakistan was mentioned as well....who knows.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well I heard some rumblings that it wasn't theirs....possibly Chinese or Russian. Pakistan was mentioned as well....who knows.

Hmm. I don’t know. That would be very reckless of those countries to do so. They wouldn’t really have any gain that I could think of. 

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Hmm. I don’t know. That would be very reckless of those countries to do so. They wouldn’t really have any gain that I could think of. 

I was thinking that as well....I heard Napolitano saying it on Fox...he claims to have heard it from a high level military source. Probably all bullshit. :lol:

1 hour ago, revkev6 said:

Since all you guys can do is discuss sexual misconduct and who loves or hates Trump as current events, I guess I have to open the floor to this discussion. North Korea has developed and fired a missile vertically that if it had been launched in a standard ballistic trajectory it would have reached Washington DC. Even if his nuclear program has not gotten to the warhead stage he still possesses chemical weapons that would devastate the heavily populated areas.

The Hwasong-15 missile fired on 29 November flew on a steep trajectory for 50 minutes, reaching an altitude of 2,800 miles (4,500 km) and distance of 620 miles, according to North Korea.

The US-based Union of Concerned Scientists said that if the numbers were correct, then the missile would have a range of 8,080 miles on a standard trajectory. That figure suggests that all of the US could theoretically be within range.

The missile appears to be an advanced version of the Hwasong-15 ICBM tested in July by North Korea, which claims this version makes it a "complete" nuclear state.

Pyongyang has not, however, proved it has the capability to marry a miniaturised nuclear warhead with a long-range missile and send it at a trajectory that would hit US cities.

It also remains unclear whether the North Koreans have perfected a re-entry vehicle capable of protecting a nuclear warhead during its descent.

Personally I don't think its a big deal especially because of the bold but the MSM including foxnews sure think it is.   Let China, SK and Japan deal with them.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

We are as good as dead!!!!1111122222

Goober Graham said we are headed for war unless something changes drastically....WTF is with that mush mouth fuckstick...I loathe him.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Goober Graham said we are headed for war unless something changes drastically....WTF is with that mush mouth fuckstick...I loathe him.

Jimmy, we were headed to war with North Korea no matter what. Look at the pattern. Once all of the news networks start talking about it we are well on our way. 

3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Jimmy, we were headed to war with North Korea no matter what. Look at the pattern. Once all of the news networks start talking about it we are well on our way. 

This is so wrong and so fucked up.

One thing about dictators is they want to live and will fight to stay alive to the bitter end.   NK leadership is no different.   They do this because they think its the only way to survive.  Most of them are not suicidal by nature.

I say let them come to the US.   Give them a huge home, cushy pension and lifetime free court side tickets to any NBA game they choose.   Those little fuckers love basketball for some reason.   It would probably all end in a heartbeat.  :lol:  Be much cheaper.  

Edited by Highmark

12 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Not going to happen.   NK would be a much larger war than anything in the ME and the risk of China getting in also restrains it.   Quit beating the war drum.  :lol:  

Just now, Highmark said:

Not going to happen.   NK would be a much larger war than anything in the ME and the risk of China getting in also restrains it.   Quit beating the war drum.  :lol:  

Oh but if we dont hit him first he could nuke CaLiFoRnIaaaaa!!!!!!!122222

• Gold Member
25 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

We are as good as dead!!!!1111122222

No.  I live in middle America.  Not much of a target.  Kim dong dumb could actually do the US a favor as his last action and live in infamy....  and it wouldnt upset me the least bit. 

Just now, BOHICA said:

No.  I live in middle America.  Not much of a target.  Kim dong dumb could actually do the US a favor as his last action and live in infamy....  and it wouldnt upset me the least bit. 

No the nuke could hit you!!!!!!! You will die!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Oh but if we dont hit him first he could nuke CaLiFoRnIaaaaa!!!!!!!122222

Hopefully selective cities like SF and Berkeley and .   I'd say LA but I'm a Dodger fan so I hope he spares it.  :lol:  

In all seriousness we are not going to attack NK.  It would have to be a massive, massive attack to take out thousands of artillery sites.   Its just not going to happen without them attacking an ally first of which they won't.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Hopefully selective cities like SF and Berkeley and .   I'd say LA but I'm a Dodger fan so I hope he spares it.  :lol:  

In all seriousness we are not going to attack NK.  

Oh yes we are!!!!! We have troops and equipment there right now ready to go in!!!!! We are going to take out Kim Dong and take his nukes and then we will have troops there for 23 years!!!!

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Oh yes we are!!!!! We have troops and equipment there right now ready to go in!!!!! We are going to take out Kim Dong and take his nukes and then we will have troops there for 23 years!!!!

:lol:   Wanna bet?  :lol: