Check your account email address ×

Roy Halladay dies in plane crash.

On 11/13/2017 at 3:23 PM, Poncho said:

Final report released today...one of F7Bens paper charts got stuck in the carb inlet box and choked out the engine....sad.......

You are kidding right? How does a piece of paper make it from the cockpit into the carb box?  

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You are kidding right? How does a piece of paper make it from the cockpit into the carb box?  

Obviously you dont know anything about sectionals......you need so many of them to travel anywhere you have to have them packed in all over the place 11!!!!

12 hours ago, Poncho said:

Definitely an accident......more will be released later this year early next

Hey Poncho, thanks for the info. How come it takes so long to figure out ? And if it was a plane problem, why would he of continued to fly it so erratically, on several different days ?

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey Poncho, thanks for the info. How come it takes so long to figure out ? And if it was a plane problem, why would he of continued to fly it so erratically, on several different days ?

It usually it takes a full year from the time of accident until a final report is released in the NTSB world.  If there is an aircraft level safety issue identified during the preliminary portion of the investigation that directly affects the airworthiness of the aircraft the public will see something sooner.  These things take a long time to investigate and finalize.  Where did you get the information regarding the erratic flying? 

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

It usually it takes a full year from the time of accident until a final report is released in the NTSB world.  If there is an aircraft level safety issue identified during the preliminary portion of the investigation that directly affects the airworthiness of the aircraft the public will see something sooner.  These things take a long time to investigate and finalize.  Where did you get the information regarding the erratic flying? 

From the video showing him flying erratically lolz

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Poncho said:

I saw a video, a climbing turn to the left and then a low flight over the water.  What I saw didn't appear erratic...is there another video 

Hey now....are you questioning the man who has had 3 lessons...you better recognize!!!!! :lol:

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hey now....are you questioning the man who has had 3 lessons...you better recognize!!!!! :lol:

Maybe, .....I just watched the video posted on page 2, that is the only one I know of.  It doesn't show erratic flying.  Just a left turn and a descent back to sea level, but no impact/crash.

Hey Poncho, I saw it on one of the utube videos Ben posted. By erratic, I mean lots of continuous up and down swoops. Of all the small planes I,ve ever seen flying around, I have never seen one doing the stunt flying he was doing.

We lived near the Brockville airport for 6 years and I got a chance to see a lot of small planes buzzing around, including gliders. None ever behaved like that one that crashed.

Just seems very strange to me that a man that had so much discipline would fly like he was flying.

Edited by Frostynuts

3 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey Poncho, I saw it on one of the utube videos Ben posted. By erratic, I mean lots of continuous up and down swoops. Of all the small planes I,ve ever seen flying around, I have never seen one doing the stunt flying he was doing.

We lived near the Brockville airport for 6 years and I got a chance to see a lot of small planes buzzing around, including gliders. None ever behaved like that one that crashed.

Just seems very strange to me that a man that had so much discipline would fly like he was flying.

Send me that video link I'd like to see it.  

Just now, Frostynuts said:

Hey Ben, Can you post that link again for Poncho ?

No , fuck Poncho.....he's a fucking accident investigator. If his dumb ass cant find it he sure as fuck must be lying about his profession :lol: 

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hey retard.....simply posting what eye witnesses reported. The ones that called the cops he was scaring them so badly 

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No , fuck Poncho.....he's a fucking accident investigator. If his dumb ass cant find it he sure as fuck must be lying about his profession :lol: 

You better be nice to him, he might be able to help your wife cash in that life insurance policy some day. LOL

9 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Thanks, that is same one I saw. It is not erratic flying but intensional. It doesn't show the actual crash only a couple bell turns and subsequent low pass.......however, those bell turns can go terribly bad in a hurry.  Low altitude turns are a bad idea. The standard rule of thumb is no turns, especially steep turns below 500 ft AGL.....Ben would know that.

1 minute ago, Poncho said:

Thanks, that is same one I saw. It is not erratic flying but intensional. It doesn't show the actual crash only a couple bell turns and subsequent low pass.......however, those bell turns can go terribly bad in a hurry.  Low altitude turns are a bad idea. The standard rule of thumb is no turns, especially steep turns below 500 ft AGL.....Ben would know that.

If you read the quotes of the witnesses they were shocked and frightened by what they witnessed. It sounds like he was barnstorming and fucked up. Should be an open and shut pilot error case .....its really too bad

Did you check out the comments made by boaters in the write-up below the video ?

Kinda curious, why do you think he did that type of flying for several different days ? Would he not know that could be deadly ?

Do you think he would of had any pilot training with instructors  that really new the behavior of that plane really well, as part of the purchase package  ?

3 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Did you check out the comments made by boaters in the write-up below the video ?

Kinda curious, why do you think he did that type of flying for several different days ? Would he not know that could be deadly ?

Do you think he would of had any pilot training with instructors  that really new the behavior of that plane really well, as part of the purchase package  ?

he flew that way because he was overconfident and it was fun as fuck :lol: not much else too it

3 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Enough...who are you Ben's dad?...lol

as far as comments, that's what they are comments. 

He did that flying because he has done it before

he would have done a delivery flight with an Icon delivery pilot. I have no idea what that involved.