Check your account email address ×

Ford problems...

Anler

My supt bought an f-150 Ecoboost last year. Seemed like a nice truck. We text memes back and forth all the time dodge sucks, ford sucks, etc..  

Bout 10 minutes ago he calls to tell me he is stranded in the city waiting for a tow truck cuz his f-150 took a shit. It was only a matter of time 

Game, set, match... Winner - Analer

Now who wants to wager on skidoo vs. Arctic cat? I'm on a roll...

• Haha 1

OCTOBER 18, 2017 / 6:56 AM / UPDATED 30 MINUTES AGO

Ford to recall about 1.3 million trucks in North America for door latch fix

Reuters Staff

•  
  •  

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co said on Wednesday it would recall about 1.3 million 2015-17 Ford F-150 and 2017 Ford Super Duty trucks in North America to add water shields to side door latches at a cost of $267 million.

FILE PHOTO: An airplane flies above a Ford logo in Colma, California, U.S., October 3, 2017. REUTERS/Stephen Lam

The No.2 U.S. automaker said the safety recall is due to a frozen door latch or a bent or kinked actuation cable in the affected vehicles, that may result in a door not opening or closing.

SPONSORED

A Ford spokeswoman said customers would be notified next month but did not have a timetable for when parts will be available. Dealers will install water shields over the door latches and inspect and repair door latch cables if needed.

Ford has now recalled more than 5 million vehicles for varying door latch-related issues since 2016, but the company said the issue in the new recall is different from prior ones.

Ford said the cost of the new recall would be reflected in its fourth-quarter results. Ford said it continues to expect full-year adjusted earnings in the range of $1.65 to $1.85‍ per share.

The company said it was not aware of any accidents or injuries associated with the issue but said because of the fault, the door may appear closed, increasing the risk of the door opening while driving.

Ford has previously disclosed plans to spend $935 million on other recalls announced since August 2016.

In March, Ford said it would spend $295 million to recall 211,000 vehicles in North America to replace potentially faulty side door latches and 230,000 vehicles for under-hood fire risks.

Ford previously recalled nearly 4 million vehicles for door latch issues in six separate recalls since 2014, including 2.4 million vehicles recalled in August 2016.

In September 2016, Ford said it was taking a $640 million charge for its expanded side-door latch recalls.

Ford shares fell 0.7 percent to $12.19 in morning trading Wednesday

32 minutes ago, bussman said:

Throttle cables are bad they say.....

Well I will let him know he should watch those but his transmission shit the bed. Left him stranded. 

Thats the thing about Ford, if you had to guess which problem caused it your chances of winning the lottery would be better. Too many problems to choose from.. 

Im going to talk him into trading in for a Dodge when he gets back. 

Just now, Anler said:

Well I will let him know he should watch those but his transmission shit the bed. Left him stranded. 

Thats the thing about Ford, if you had to guess which problem caused it your chances of winning the lottery would be better. Too many problems to choose from.. 

AMG says youre lying.

5 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

AMG says youre lying.

Dude, every guy I know who owns or has owned an F-150 has had some kind of malfunction. Most of them shit the bed just over 100,000 miles all together. The Super duties have been pretty solid tho. We have owned a few and they have been good. I must say I really dont like the front end on the E-350. We have had to spend some good money correcting that engineering disaster... 

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

Dude, every guy I know who owns or has owned an F-150 has had some kind of malfunction. Most of them shit the bed just over 100,000 miles all together. The Super duties have been pretty solid tho. We have owned a few and they have been good. I must say I really dont like the front end on the E-350. We have had to spend some good money correcting that engineering disaster... 

Oh I know...a buddy of mine has had the turbos and timing chain shit the bed twice onhis 15 f150.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I was just joking, the EcoBoost has had issues with the throttle body actuating the butterfly, there is no throttle cable. 

GM meanwhile used that technology in the late 80's with little issue. :news: 

2 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Hi my name is ben and i have 25 000 miles combined over 10 F-150's and never had an issue F150 FTW!!!!!11

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bussman said:

I was just joking, the EcoBoost has had issues with the throttle body actuating the butterfly, there is no throttle cable. 

GM meanwhile used that technology in the late 80's with little issue. :news: 

GM still hasnt left the 80's compared to the Ford and ram :news: 

135,00 on my ecoboost and I had my first hiccup... put the pedal downto pull out and pass and it had a brief shudder as it was accelerating.... when I backed off the gas it was fine again. It was time for new plugs and coil boots. They were the originals. I was going to replace them at about 100,000 but the dealer told me I could hold off until about 130,000. One was flaky the others still okay but they were due. Essentially a tune up.

16 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

That 5.3 is a fucking joke!

I agree, that was one of the major decision makers to go with the Ram. HEMI engine, 8 speed trans and 3.91 rear end. This thing is a stump puller and averages near 20mpgs. And the interior is also superior. Driving both trucks back to back it was a no brainer. But at least with the GMC you dont have to worry about your truck taking a shit on you at 62,000 miles like my buddy's did today. 

Had a 14 ecoboost.  Got rid of it at 50k.  Fuel economy was getting worse, could get it to blow smoke like a diesel rolling coal, hit the gas from a stop sign and could count to 2 before it would start to move, front end had a wicked sound to it turning right, windows wouldn't go up sometimes and my seat would randomly move all the way forward.  Not fun when you're 6'3"

49 minutes ago, 02sled said:

135,00 on my ecoboost and I had my first hiccup... put the pedal downto pull out and pass and it had a brief shudder as it was accelerating.... when I backed off the gas it was fine again. It was time for new plugs and coil boots. They were the originals. I was going to replace them at about 100,000 but the dealer told me I could hold off until about 130,000. One was flaky the others still okay but they were due. Essentially a tune up.

You have already beaten the odds with that thing, trade it in as soon as you can!