Check your account email address ×

BUMP STOCKS

Pete

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The stories of a chick being saved by her iphone stopping a bullet etc tell me his was firing largely 223

I didn't hear that one..lucky girl, what was the range?? I've heard everything from 1200yds to 400yds ,  at 400 I see a 223 going through that

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I didn't hear that one..lucky girl, what was the range?? I've heard everything from 1200yds to 400yds ,  at 400 I see a 223 going through that

I read 4-500 yds ......who knows if it was a ricochet or what

• Platinum Contributing Member
47 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I read 4-500 yds ......who knows if it was a ricochet or what

True, still that IPhone is a wall hanger..lol

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

The fact that he chose .223 at that range probably saved 100 lives or more. Of the 500 or so that were injured many many more of those would have died had they been hit with a more effective round that carried energy out past 2-300 yrds. Had he done this with .308 the death toll would have been astronomical 

This .  I think if I ever bought another AR I would go with .308 chambered . :bc:

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

This .  I think if I ever bought another AR I would go with .308 chambered . :bc:

Its quite a bit more expensive to go AR10 .....I am about to buy a 6.5 upper for mine and I'll hunt with it this year. The grendel round is pretty damn good and uses the same clips and everything as the ar15

33 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its quite a bit more expensive to go AR10 .....I am about to buy a 6.5 upper for mine and I'll hunt with it this year. The grendel round is pretty damn good and uses the same clips and everything as the ar15

Yeah but the 308 can be converted to a 6.5 Creed, .243, .260 rem, 7mm-08, or a number of other 308 based cartridges. I'm thinking about a long heavy 6.5 Creed upper for my 308 AR just for long range bench fun.

Plus the deer don't run far when you hit em with the heavy metal...

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Yeah but the 308 can be converted to a 6.5 Creed, .243, .260 rem, 7mm-08, or a number of other 308 based cartridges. I'm thinking about a long heavy 6.5 Creed upper for my 308 AR just for long range bench fun.

Plus the deer don't run far when you hit em with the heavy metal...

yah the creed is bad ass ....and the ar10 opens up a whole additional level of great calibers