Check your account email address ×

At the Emmys last night

jtssrx

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

No, it's not. It may be prejudiced or bigoted but it's not racist because racism is structural and institutional, not just a matter of personal feelings.

It may also be "structural and institutional" but those are add-ins/ons beloved by your team.  It is about race.  Not sure who some of you aren't getting this.  Well, that's not true...I do understand it.  But find it a laughable definition by a group of disinfranchised, self hating posers looking to try and belong in just another grievance group.

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Good non-argument. :bc:

You case is weak, that's why you can't make it.  Your underlying ideological reasoning isn't sound.

Neal

If you want to continue to deny that racism is systemic and structural, we'll get nowhere.

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Good non-argument. :bc:

You case is weak, that's why you can't make it.  Your underlying ideological reasoning isn't sound.

Neal

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

If you want to continue to deny that racism is systemic and structural, we'll get nowhere.

I'd consider jumping in here....but I'll just watch as I eat my delicious ommelette. :lol:

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Like celebrities saying mean things about white people?

Certainly.

As someone previously asked, is there a difference between what she said, and if a white person said they were rooting for all the white nominees?

If you can see those as equal, then we have a base to work off of, if not you are using unsound reasoning and it is unlikely you will be able to convince anyone of any racist points you may try to make.

Neal

1 minute ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Racism reared its ugly head after Obama was out of office and Trump won...........................divisive politics are a tactic of the DNC.

Lol, no. Racism has been a part of American society and governance since the beginning.

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Certainly.

As someone previously asked, is there a difference between what she said, and if a white person said they were rooting for all the white nominees?

If you can see those as equal, then we have a base to work off of, if not you are using unsound reasoning and it is unlikely you will be able to convince anyone of any racist points you may try to make.

Neal

The difference is white people are members of the oppressor class and black people aren't. 

But you don't even admit that white people built racism into our social structure, so I can see why you'd think there isn't a difference.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

So, drug arrest and incarceration rates, for example, aren't an indicator of lasting structural racism?

Nope but it's an excuse for not breaking the cycle. Easier to blame racism of the past than to improve going forward. People like you do a disservice to the black community with this bullshit.

Edited by Biggie Smails
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

There were many cases of racists and racist behavior while Obama was in office, don't be silly.

Neal

but that's my point. He was supposed to heal the divide. But in reality the divide was recreated and pushed on us all as a decried narrative and that failed miserably. Now racism is being used as nothing but a weapon.

Just now, Usedtoskidoo said:

but that's my point. He was supposed to heal the divide. But in reality the divide was recreated and pushed on us all as a decried narrative and that failed miserably. Now racism is being used as nothing but a weapon.

Lol. 

Electing a black president isn't going to fix racism.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Nope but it's an excuse for not breaking the cycle. Easier to blame racism of the past than to improve going forward.

Pretty much! :thumb: 

Just now, motonoggin said:

Lol. 

Electing a black president isn't going to fix racism.

Not but it certainly should've helped....but it didn't.

1 minute ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

ummmmmmmmmmm, ya. Where have you been the last 9 years?

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Pretty much! :thumb: 

Not but it certainly should've helped....but it didn't.

Lol. 

"We elected a black neoliberal warmonger, black people should be happy..."

Just now, motonoggin said:

Lol, no. Racism has been a part of American society and governance since the beginning.

The difference is white people are members of the oppressor class and black people aren't. 

But you don't even admit that white people built racism into our social structure, so I can see why you'd think there isn't a difference.

See here is where your logic is flawed, there are white people who are oppressors, however the class of oppression does not include all white people.  Until you can change your paradigm, and understand that the class we are discussing is racism, not white, we can move forward with eliminating methods and instances.    Trying to apply an illogical attribute to a class is only working for the problem, not against it.

Neal