Check your account email address ×

You know the science that tracks climate change

30 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, apparently, he posted some wrestling pics of "himself" sometime ago.  Problem is, somebody searched google and it turns out he just stole them off of google pictures and tried to pass them off as it being him (her)..

Can it get any better? :lol:

That's SeRena for you.

5 minutes ago, Killer said:

I love the morons who site a cold winter as evidence there is no such thing as global warming then dismiss any record breaking events scientificly tied to climate change such as increased prominence and power of hurricanes.   Can't get dumber than that.  Weather events are the poorest of datasets when it comes to scientific research (and consensus) on climate change.

Then there's the people who say the climate has always changed and always reacts to itself but dismiss mans influence on the planet as inconsequential.

This is the crux of the intellect and sophistication of the denier cult.  It is clear that it doesn't matter what you say or what scientific evidence you share, they don't care.  

It's a good thing they have a bunch of dumb fuck artsies who failed science waving the sheep flag.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

It's a good thing they have a bunch of dumb fuck artsies who failed science waving the sheep flag.

Climate scientists failed science? Huh

I think you're referring to the "expert" denier group.

13 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Magnacoasters 

Icefag cunt punted.

12 minutes ago, Killer said:

I love the morons who site a cold winter as evidence there is no such thing as global warming then dismiss any record breaking events scientificly tied to climate change such as increased prominence and power of hurricanes.   Can't get dumber than that.  Weather events are the poorest of datasets when it comes to scientific research (and consensus) on climate change.

Then there's the people who say the climate has always changed and always reacts to itself but dismiss mans influence on the planet as inconsequential.

This is the crux of the intellect and sophistication of the denier cult.  It is clear that it doesn't matter what you say or what scientific evidence you share, they don't care.  

I love the morons who site a bad hurricane as evidence there is global warming.

2. How do we know the 97% agree?

To elaborate, how was that proven?

Almost no one who refers to the 97% has any idea, but the basic way it works is that a researcher reviews a lot of scholarly papers and classifies them by how many agree with a certain position.

Unfortunately, in the case of 97% of climate scientists agreeing that human beings are the main cause of warming, the researchers have engaged in egregious misconduct.

One of the main papers behind the 97 percent claim is authored by John Cook, who runs the popular website SkepticalScience.com, a virtual encyclopedia of arguments trying to defend predictions of catastrophic climate change from all challenges.

Here is Cook’s summary of his paper: “Cook et al. (2013) found that over 97 percent [of papers he surveyed] endorsed the view that the Earth is warming up and human emissions of greenhouse gases are the main cause.”

This is a fairly clear statement—97 percent of the papers surveyed endorsed the view that man-made greenhouse gases were the main cause—main in common usage meaning more than 50 percent.

But even a quick scan of the paper reveals that this is not the case. Cook is able to demonstrate only that a relative handful endorse “the view that the Earth is warming up and human emissions of greenhouse gases are the main cause.” Cook calls this “explicit endorsement with quantification” (quantification meaning 50 percent or more). The problem is, only a small percentage of the papers fall into this category; Cook does not say what percentage, but when the study was publicly challenged by economist David Friedman, one observer calculated that only 1.6 percent explicitly stated that man-made greenhouse gases caused at least 50 percent of global warming.

Where did most of the 97 percent come from, then? Cook had created a category called “explicit endorsement without quantification”—that is, papers in which the author, by Cook’s admission, did not say whether 1 percent or 50 percent or 100 percent of the warming was caused by man. He had also created a category called “implicit endorsement,” for papers that imply (but don’t say) that there is some man-made global warming and don’t quantify it. In other words, he created two categories that he labeled as endorsing a view that they most certainly didn’t.

The 97 percent claim is a deliberate misrepresentation designed to intimidate the public—and numerous scientists whose papers were classified by Cook protested:

“Cook survey included 10 of my 122 eligible papers. 5/10 were rated incorrectly. 4/5 were rated as endorse rather than neutral.”

—Dr. Richard Tol

“That is not an accurate representation of my paper . . .”

—Dr. Craig Idso

“Nope . . . it is not an accurate representation.”

—Dr. Nir Shaviv

“Cook et al. (2013) is based on a strawman argument . . .”

—Dr. Nicola Scafetta

Think about how many times you hear that 97 percent or some similar figure thrown around. It’s based on crude manipulation propagated by people whose ideological agenda it serves. It is a license to intimidate.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexepstein/2015/01/06/97-of-climate-scientists-agree-is-100-wrong/2/#6d7b6c233414

It’s time to revoke that license.

17 minutes ago, Killer said:

Climate scientists failed science? Huh

I think you're referring to the "expert" denier group.

Nobody disagrees with climate change, just what the main driver is. Its far more complex.  The scientists pushing this simplistic view and their followers are the joke.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Nobody disagrees with climate change, just what the main driver is. Its far more complex.  The scientists pushing this simplistic view and their followers are the joke.

There is no main driver, there are obviously many moving and constantly changing parts.   Science is pretty damn clear on that.

What climate change science is proving, is that the rate of change and the state of change is unlike most anything, and in fact the correlation between our impact on the environment, mostly with respect to greenhouse gases is mimcing  major historic, NATURAL climate events.

There is more co2 in the atmosphere today than any time in the last 300,000.  We know why it happened 300k years ago and we know why it's happening now.  

3 minutes ago, Killer said:

There is no main driver, there are obviously many moving and constantly changing parts.   Science is pretty damn clear on that.

What climate change science is proving, is that the rate of change and the state of change is unlike most anything, and in fact the correlation between our impact on the environment, mostly with respect to greenhouse gases is mimcing  major historic, NATURAL climate events.

There is more co2 in the atmosphere today than any time in the last 300,000.  We know why it happened 300k years ago and we know why it's happening now.  

Photosynthesis doesn't kick in for plants until the co2 ppm gets over 200 and there is plenty of data to show current levels were greatly surpased.  We are not exactly overwelming the planet with co2.  Even back in the Roman days the planet was warmer, the tree lines further north and growth rings further spaced apart.  Its complicated to say the least.

6 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Really the same science that said Hurricane activity would increase 15 years ago only to see it decrease to it's lowest in 150 years.

Your side is the biggest fucking Cherry pickers of data I've ever seen. The vast majority of data shows your side to be wrong. That's why it went from Global warming to climate change and now every weather event be it a cold event or a warm event is labeled climate change

Go fuck yourself

So me the link from 15 years ago.

I find it strange that there is so much shit going on in the US and the world and you still don't get it.

Wasn't it just recently that the west was flooded. Now the Northwest is having record fires.

Houston under water.

Florida about to be fucked up with a record hurricane and look... another one in line. 

You don't even want to know what happens when the permafrost melts.

Well actually you and your dumb ass friends wouldn't understand anyway.

Funny thing is that the Climate change deniers are just as stupid as the flat earth society. 

7 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

So me the link from 15 years ago.

I find it strange that there is so much shit going on in the US and the world and you still don't get it.

Wasn't it just recently that the west was flooded. Now the Northwest is having record fires.

Houston under water.

Florida about to be fucked up with a record hurricane and look... another one in line. 

You don't even want to know what happens when the permafrost melts.

Well actually you and your dumb ass friends wouldn't understand anyway.

Funny thing is that the Climate change deniers are just as stupid as the flat earth society. 

You make some valid points about these natural disasters that are just now happening to this planet.  You forgot about that outer space rock that slammed into the Yucatán a few weeks back though. That clearly showed the dire importance of the magnificent Paris Accord.  Deniers be damned!!!!!!!

....hold on a second.  Wait....I need to do some fact checking.

:lol:

53 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Photosynthesis doesn't kick in for plants until the co2 ppm gets over 200 and there is plenty of data to show current levels were greatly surpased.  We are not exactly overwelming the planet with co2.  Even back in the Roman days the planet was warmer, the tree lines further north and growth rings further spaced apart.  Its complicated to say the least.

300,000 years ago, from possibly a few big factors, one being valcanic activity, not your tail pipe, et al today.

That is the last time co2 has been 400ppm. 200 during ice ages and 280 on average. Numerous peer reviewed studies supporting this and all the other research. Real scientists, 1000s of them.

There is mountains of evidence to suggest historical climate in certain parts of the human world was not represented as a global norm.  It would have been colder in a different part of the world there were almost no humans and no human history of the climate at the time.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You make some valid points about these natural disasters that are just now happening to this planet.  You forgot about that outer space rock that slammed into the Yucatán a few weeks back though. That clearly showed the dire importance of the magnificent Paris Accord.  Deniers be damned!!!!!!!

....hold on a second.  Wait....I need to do some fact checking.

Hi Stupid. Are you heading down to Florida? 

"Scientists" circa 2005 - "we are going to see increasing hurricane activity and stronger hurricanes every year"

12 years of record low hurricane activity :news: 

"Scientists" circa 2017 - "see we told you so"

:lol: just how fucking dumb do you have be to believe these fucks have the slightest clue what they are babbling on about 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

"Scientists" circa 2005 - "we are going to see increasing hurricane activity and stronger hurricanes every year"

12 years of record low hurricane activity :news: 

"Scientists" circa 2017 - "see we told you so"

:lol: just how fucking dumb do you have be to believe these fucks have the slightest clue what they are babbling on about 

Thriller, Snot, Taintrider, ICEWelcher, RevFaggotski level dumb :guzzle: 

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I hope you hurt deep, deep, DEEEEEP down inside from the slow death of you cowardly liberal cause.  Quick!  To the kayaks!!!!!!

I don't think I will. I'll probably live a long and healthy life because I spend my time being active instead of being a pathetic bitch like you.

Just now, revkevsdi said:

I don't think I will. I'll probably live a long and healthy life because I spend my time being active instead of being a pathetic bitch like you.

Shhhhhh.....enough spazzing now. Lay down and relax.  Think kayak thoughts.

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

That was a bitchy statement.....just sayin...

4 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

That was a bitchy statement.....just sayin...

Zambo's sure was. But I countered it with a positive outlook on my healthy lifestyle.

I gotta ask since you've evidently lost a lot of weight lately..... How were you so fucking stupid that you let yourself hit 300lbs.

Didn't it occur to you to stop eating when you not only couldn't see your own shoes but had trouble fitting in a full size truck?

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Zambo's sure was. But I countered it with a positive outlook on my healthy lifestyle.

I gotta ask since you've evidently lost a lot of weight lately..... How were you so fucking stupid that you let yourself hit 300lbs.

Didn't it occur to you to stop eating when you not only couldn't see your own shoes but had trouble fitting in a full size truck?

Sweet Jesus!  You poor little guy.  Your little baby nuts all tied up in librul knots and you ache and hate to beat hell.

Go get 'em tiger!

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Dude i have a vw jetta and had zero issues fitting into it. :lol:

You seem very unhappy...why is that? Dad gave you everything and you have no self respect maybe? 

5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

How were you so fucking stupid... to be you?