Check your account email address ×

F150 shop call

Snake

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

2012 , 2013 and 2014 Fords all bought new.....about 80k miles between them and not one single issue ......of course I'm not a bootlicker so that may have something to do with it 

^^^Poster child for bad financial decisions right there. :lol: 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

2011 FX4 5.0  39,??? miles when I turned lease in.   5 oil changes, 1 air filter , 1 set of wiper blades. Replaced tires before lease turn in. 

2014 Raptor 68,??? and still "mall crawling"    2 air filters, 9 oil changes ,  tires at 51,???   Front brake rotors turned and pads replaced with factory pads when wheels were off getting powder coated and new tires.  

2014 FX4 SuperCrew 3.5l EB  36,5??   Nothing but oil changes and an air filter. Will need tires before winter. 

:news:

39000 miles wow what a test!!!

In all of my gmc's the only gripes I had were the electric motors. Windows, wipers, antilock brake thingy, 4wd trasfer switch. Mechanically and structurally they were bulletproof. 

2015 ram with 81k. Couple oil changes and new tires. I think I'm going to get new shocks before winter tho.

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Still have my 2000 Chev. 3/4 ton,  1 fuel pump, brakes twice, 3 batteries, had to clean the mass air flow screen twice, no rust. Runs and drives great.

Oh yeah I forgot about fuel pumps. Gms are notorious for those. 

i just had to have some ac work done for the second time on the 14 Silverado at 75k miles.  the 07 had ball joints at 120k+ and a new fuse block under the hood.  before that i dumped them between 20 and 30k for the most part so thats no real comparison.  

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Still have my 2000 Chev. 3/4 ton,  1 fuel pump, brakes twice, 3 batteries, had to clean the mass air flow screen twice, no rust. Runs and drives great.

How many miles?

53 minutes ago, Anler said:

In all of my gmc's the only gripes I had were the electric motors. Windows, wipers, antilock brake thingy, 4wd trasfer switch. Mechanically and structurally they were bulletproof. 

2015 ram with 81k. Couple oil changes and new tires. I think I'm going to get new shocks before winter tho.

Can't be! Everyone says the Ram is junk!

Best truck I ever owned 89 Toyota V6 5 speed xtra cab 4x4.

Dad bought it new had it 13 years. I got it drove it 9 years.

Rebuilt starter twice, brushes in alternator, rheostat for fan speeds, fuel sending unit and a muffler every couple years. Brakes, oils , etc.

Never any wheel bearings, front end parts, etc. 365k. And it worked.

3 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

So not many for an 18 yr old truck

It's used many for hauling trailers and snowplowing, but as you know it best to drive vehicles then letting them sit, this is kept outside all year long, only the wife's Caddie is in the garage..LOL

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

2012 , 2013 and 2014 Fords all bought new.....about 80k miles between them and not one single issue ......of course I'm not a bootlicker so that may have something to do with it 

No, you are simply the only person on 2 sled sites that have stooped to sucking off Noggin.

Want a plaque?

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

80k between 3 trucks is supposed to be some kind of accomplishment? 

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

80k between 3 trucks is supposed to be some kind of accomplishment? 

230,000 between my two BMWs. :lmao: Just put a coil in the X5.

450,000 if you count the 325i......

Bhen is such a phag.

25 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

It's used many for hauling trailers and snowplowing, but as you know it best to drive vehicles then letting them sit, this is kept outside all year long, only the wife's Caddie is in the garage..LOL

I have all my shit inside! That's what I built my garage. 

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

230,000 between my two BMWs. :lmao: Just put a coil in the X5.

450,000 if you count the 325i......

Bhen is such a phag.

How the fuck do you put that many miles on?

I think I average 10k on car and 7k on truck a year. Wife works from home. My work is 1km away. 

You work on the road?

10 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

How the fuck do you put that many miles on?

I think I average 10k on car and 7k on truck a year. Wife works from home. My work is 1km away. 

You work on the road?

Last weekend, we drove to a wedding just shy of 300 miles away. We literally stayed for the wedding, and a half hour afterwards, then drove south and west to a party/the fight roughly the same mileage away.

On a good weekend day we will put the top down and drive 100 miles just for the ride. Our best friends have a Benz CLK430 and we like to just tour the area. 50 miles after a workday is nothing unusual.

3 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

You bought them used

Both were service from the dealer, with all records present. The X5 had work, all under TSB or recall (turbo water pump being the most severe.) The vert had only had scheduled maintenance.

I've put 70k on the vert, and 20k on the X5 since January.

Edited by Snake

16 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

My bud has a X5 4.4L? Must be brutal on fuel or broken cause he's driving his small acura car.

Mine is the X5 50i. Twin turbo 4.4. 405/450.

I drive it 50 miles every day round trip to work. Drove it on the 600 mile trip last week. I'm happy with the 20mpg I get with it.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Mine is the X5 50i. Twin turbo 4.4. 405/450.

I drive it 50 miles every day round trip to work. Drove it on the 600 mile trip last week. I'm happy with the 20mpg I get with it.

Maybe something wrong with it. Hasn't moved in a month. Just got it this spring.