Check your account email address ×

Twitter Tears Into Houston-Based Pastor Joel Osteen For Closing Doors to Megachurch After Storm

I wonder what Jesus thinks about Joel keeping the doors closed.

Twitter Tears Into Houston-Based Pastor Joel Osteen For Closing Doors to Megachurch After Storm

Houston-based celebrity pastor Joel Osteen is coming under fire on Twitter for not opening up the doors to his Church for storm victims to take shelter.

Joel Osteen — pastor at Houston’s Lakewood Church — has kept the doors closed even though pictures on Twitter appear to show that the Church escaped the brunt of the storm. Lakewood Church — which was formerly an NBA arena called The Summit, home to the Houston Rockets — holds 16,800 people.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/twitter-tears-into-houston-based-pastor-joel-osteen-for-closing-doors-to-megachurch-after-storm/ar-AAqRaY0

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I wonder what Jesus thinks about Joel keeping the doors closed.

My wife said she had heard this.....apparently Osteen is just another money grubbing phony Christian.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

My wife said she had heard this.....apparently Osteen is just another money grubbing phony Christian.

Some of those mega-church pastors have their own jets.  

I know one in the Cities was a neighbor of a relative for a while and the kid had a pair of tricked out Hummer H2's.

46 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I don't get it, the guy is blessed with all he has earned preaching.

29 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Some of those mega-church pastors have their own jets.  

I know one in the Cities was a neighbor of a relative for a while and the kid had a pair of tricked out Hummer H2's.

Cbm3mDaXIAA2l3J.jpg

How ANYONE could be taken in by these televangelist fucksticks is beyond me. Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Baker and the rest of those faggots should be clotheslined off their stages. Their followers are fucktards too. 

7 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I don't get it, the guy is blessed with all he has earned preaching.

Cbm3mDaXIAA2l3J.jpg

How is making money off of books, trinkets and satellite radio tax exempt while not taking a salary from the "church"? 

https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.com/entertainment/2017/08/joel-osteen-net-worth-salary-books-church-books-how-much-money/amp/

14 minutes ago, bussman said:

Praise the Lord and Twitter, Hallelujah!!

The preacher said he was unable to offer his venue as a temporary shelter because the highway in front was flooded.

But Twitter user Charles Clymer posted a picture of the roadway leading up to the church — which used to be the home of the NBA’s Houston Rockets — that showed all was high and dry Monday morning.

“Front of @JoelOsteen’s huge Lakewood Church in Houston at 11 am. Closed due to “flooding.” Person who took it asked to be anonymous,” Clymer said.

After a vicious response online, it seemed Osteen’s Christian spirit was born again.

“A source at Lakewood Church just told me they're planning to open their doors to Houston's homeless and displaced. Finally,” Clymer tweeted at 8:40 p.m.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/joel-osteen-slammed-for-closing-megachurch-amid-harvey-crisis/ar-AAqUmiq

5 hours ago, polaris550 said:

How ANYONE could be taken in by these televangelist fucksticks is beyond me. Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Baker and the rest of those faggots should be clotheslined off their stages. Their followers are fucktards too. 

I don't understand it either. 

And if he did in fact lock it down in a position to help I can't see this ending well for him. But like most everything today, finding the truth is tough. Guess time will tell but the emotion evoked has already been stoked. Sad either way. 

12 minutes ago, bussman said:

Other pictures showed the inside of the place flooded.

I'm guessing this guy is republican though.... 

I guess that was all bullshit, and we all know that God knows when you are lying as evidenced below.

Osteen posted a notice on his website that the church would be shut over the weekend — and it remained closed Monday.

The preacher said he was unable to offer his venue as a temporary shelter because the highway in front was flooded.

But Twitter user Charles Clymer posted a picture of the roadway leading up to the church — which used to be the home of the NBA’s Houston Rockets — that showed all was high and dry Monday morning.

“Front of @JoelOsteen’s huge Lakewood Church in Houston at 11 am. Closed due to “flooding.” Person who took it asked to be anonymous,” Clymer said.

The only people dumber than Dumpers are those who donate and sit in the pew of a mega church.  Every single person filling the offering is a manipulated stupid fuck 👍

Edited by SnowRider

Just now, SnowRider said:

The only people dumber than Dumpers are those who donate and sit in the pew of a mega church.  Every single person filling the offering is a manipulated stupid fuck 👍

Climate Change Church members included, good post. :thumb:

23 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes jam 17,000 people in without having food or water for them.   That's smart.

And the fake atheist sticks up for the fake Christian mega pastor :lol: