Check your account email address ×

F7Ben....Trump to reverse ban on local police using military equipment

Trump to reverse ban on local police using military equipment

Source: the hill

By Jacqueline Thomsen - 08/27/17 06:06 PM EDT

The Trump administration will now allow local police forces to take and use armored vehicles, high-caliber weapons and other kinds of heavy equipment that were once used in the military, USA Today reported Sunday.

The Obama administration initially banned the practice after police in Ferguson, Mo. were heavily criticized for using the equipment against protestors in the wake of the shooting of Michael Brown three years ago.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is set to address the Fraternal Order of Police Monday, where it’s believed he might unveil the new policy.

"Assets that would otherwise be scrapped can be re-purposed to help state, local and tribal law enforcement better protect public safety and reduce crime,” administration officials wrote in a document obtained by USA Today

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/348201-trump-to-reverse-ban-on-local-police-using-military-equipment-report

• Platinum Contributing Member

Don't they already have enough heavy equipment and firepower to handle protest etc? 

These are all from Oakland County here. A county which is a fairly wealthy area with low crime rate for the most part.

224541800_2c9779e189_b.thumb.jpg.310b24133d98585be48741f8279ce15e.jpg59a40bbce2941_EP-170309487(1).jpgmaxh400maxw667.jpg.3a2403fafa8fcbd6449eda3cfe0116d3.jpg59a40bf31e25e_EP-140829745(1).jpgmaxh400maxw667.jpg.0ce87e9d0dd3fee55308f732a0f4a430.jpg

Edited by Skidooski

6 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Yes, they want war, nailed it ben

oh.....sorry....forgive me if I think they are preparing for war by BEGGING TO BUY MILITARY EQUIPMENT

Who the fuck are they going to use this equipment on you fucking idiot ?????

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Pathetic.....cops want a war with the citizens of this country and they are gonna get it. Zero sympathy when people target them

tswat I was tinkin. No more friendly police department. Showing up and shooting to kill.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

oh.....sorry....forgive me if I think they are preparing for war by BEGGING TO BUY MILITARY EQUIPMENT

Yeah but what if Isis comes to my beat off little town in fuckstain, America and tries to implement Sharia law? How are we sposta stop them???!!!111

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont like police having military equipment, its a scary thought, but they dont WANT a war you idiot

Just now, MiSledder said:

I dont like police having military equipment, its a scary thought, but they dont WANT a war you idiot

Yes they do , they tell each other all the time that they are engaged in a war on the streets even though that is total bullshit. For years they have been intentionally militarizing themselves and straying further from anything that resembles protecting and serving..........when we have 10's of thousands of barney fife idiots marching around with inferiority complexes , low iqs and fucking machine guns with their gun ships circling over head.......i'd say they want war 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes they do , they tell each other all the time that they are engaged in a war on the streets even though that is total bullshit. For years they have been intentionally militarizing themselves and straying further from anything that resembles protecting and serving..........when we have 10's of thousands of barney fife idiots marching around with inferiority complexes , low iqs and fucking machine guns with their gun ships circling over head.......i'd say they want war 

:lol:

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

republicans love a military style police force. they truly are the most pathetic form of existence. 

yup .....need anything to make them feel safe from all sorts of idiot shit that doesnt exist.

Fuck cops and fuck republicans and fuck democrats too :lol: