Check your account email address ×

Margeret Sanger, hero of the left and Planned Parenthood

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 hours ago, Highmark said:

:lol:  

NOTE: In the 1920’s, the KKK was a mainstream movement and was considered a legitimate anti-immigration organization with a wide membership that included many state and local officials. At that time, it defined its enemies as Blacks, Catholics and Jews. Planned Parenthood today denounces Sanger’s address to the Ku Klux Klan.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/9214/7612/8734/Sanger_Fact_Sheet_Oct_2016.pdf

21 hours ago, Highmark said:

The third group [of society] are those irresponsible and reckless ones having little regard for the consequences of their acts, or whose religious scruples prevent their exercising control over their numbers. Many of this group are diseased, feeble-minded, and are of the pauper element dependent upon the normal and fit members of society for their support. There is no doubt in the minds of all thinking people that the procreation of this group should be stopped.

The ministers work is also important and he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger

She's a real peach.  

13 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

WHAT’S TRUE:   Margaret Sanger once gave a talk before a women’s branch of the Ku Klux Klan.

Don't you love how they downplay or mainstream the KKK simply because one of their idols spoke to them.  Probably because it was all dems as well. :lol:   

Funny how anyone does this with anything else and its wrong.  

Her statements on the "Negro population" was clear yet they honor her all over the PP website. 

16 hours ago, Snake said:

Analer???

Too much of a pussy to be a real Nazi.

16 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

Leave it to the libtards to blame the right for their own  racist history   :lol:

I'm not blaming the right, I'm saying Margaret Singer was a racist piece of shit, we exorcised those demons long ago though... and you idiots subsequently took them in with open arms :lol: 

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Don't you love how they downplay or mainstream the KKK simply because one of their idols spoke to them.  Probably because it was all dems as well. :lol:   

Funny how anyone does this with anything else and its wrong.  

Her statements on the "Negro population" was clear yet they honor her all over the PP website. 

Honoring Sanger despite her disgusting views on race is like PP's version of Confederate Monuments in the South. I don't support it and I've never come across any liberals who defended her when I've brought up her racism... However PP has their hands full enough trying to get funding for the good work they do now and dealing with right wing protesters, there are plenty of more productive issues for us on the left to focus on.

3 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I'm not blaming the right, I'm saying Margaret Singer was a racist piece of shit, we exorcised those demons long ago though... and you idiots subsequently took them in with open arms :lol: 

Honoring Sanger despite her disgusting views on race is like PP's version of Confederate Monuments in the South. I don't support it and I've never come across any liberals who defended her when I've brought up her racism... However PP has their hands full enough trying to get funding for the good work they do now and dealing with right wing protesters, there are plenty of more productive issues for us on the left to focus on.

Like Confederate statues? :lol:  Or how about how quickly the POTUS condemns specific groups instead of all hate groups?  

52 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I'm not blaming the right, I'm saying Margaret Singer was a racist piece of shit, we exorcised those demons long ago though... 

and that is why p.p  continues goner her in there website and print media today ? because you exercised those demons yeah oh k .remind us again how many people went to  your beloved Byrd funeral?  

tell us again why minority people need a extra hand up on life ? 

On 2017-08-23 at 10:41 AM, Highmark said:

Looks like someone did make that up. 

I hope You realize that the right are  really responsible for fake news.

fake news fox and Breitbart got you dumb fuckers so riled up on fake news that you voted for the biggest liar yet.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Looks like someone did make that up. 

I hope You realize that the right are  really responsible for fake news.

fake news fox and Breitbart got you dumb fuckers so riled up on fake news that you voted for the biggest liar yet.  

Spot on :bc: 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Like Confederate statues? :lol:  Or how about how quickly the POTUS condemns specific groups instead of all hate groups?  

You can dance around in the media circus all you want, it won't get you anywhere.

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

and that is why p.p  continues goner her in there website and print media today ? because you exercised those demons yeah oh k .remind us again how many people went to  your beloved Byrd funeral?  

tell us again why minority people need a extra hand up on life ? 

What a tired, dishonest argument. You know damn well the liberal stance on social welfare and social justice is based on the premise that poor minorities start off at a disadvantage. We're not trying to give them an extra hand up, we're trying to boost them up to the middle class white kids' starting line. You can agree or disagree with that premise, but you can't pretend it doesn't exist and invent a new one to replace it that sounds racist.

2 hours ago, Wildboer said:

You can dance around in the media circus all you want, it won't get you anywhere.

What a tired, dishonest argument. You know damn well the liberal stance on social welfare and social justice is based on the premise that poor minorities start off at a disadvantage. We're not trying to give them an extra hand up, we're trying to boost them up to the middle class white kids' starting line. You can agree or disagree with that premise, but you can't pretend it doesn't exist and invent a new one to replace it that sounds racist.

bill shot you think there kids are to stupid to learn so you push head start on the hood. you think they are not smart enough to get in to the good schools so you have race priority in higher ed .same thing with minority hiring . the list is,fucking endless. hate to break it to you it is racist crap . 

if you are not affrade to get tired and dirty any one can make a solid middle class life with  no extra treatment . fuck I moved out on my 17th birthday worked my way and paid as I went for design school I can't spell for shit . I have not made less than 100g since I was about 28 .

Here we are trying to rationalize a un-naturally occuring mass migration of millions of Africans. The slave traders/owners, left us with a festering nightmare of biblical proportion. 

Do you guys follow my rationale?  We are struggling with a fucking disaster that those old fuckers created to achieve more wealth. Now, we're stuck with it. Motherfucking bastards. 

5 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Yeah, those mangled baby parts just ain't gonna sell themselves, are they?

3 hours ago, Wildboer said:

As a prominent black man said in another thread.... BULLSHIT.

Or are you so tuned into the black mind you can speak for them?

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

bill shot you think there kids are to stupid to learn so you push head start on the hood. you think they are not smart enough to get in to the good schools so you have race priority in higher ed .same thing with minority hiring . the list is,fucking endless. hate to break it to you it is racist crap . 

if you are not affrade to get tired and dirty any one can make a solid middle class life with  no extra treatment . fuck I moved out on my 17th birthday worked my way and paid as I went for design school I can't spell for shit . I have not made less than 100g since I was about 28 .

It has nothing to do with intelligence or commitment, the playing field isn't level. No one said you can't work your way out of poverty either, you're arguing with a liberal caricature instead of what I'm actually saying.

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yeah, those mangled baby parts just ain't gonna sell themselves, are they?

As a prominent black man said in another thread.... BULLSHIT.

Or are you so tuned into the black mind you can speak for them?

That video was fake dumbass.

The playing field isn't level. End of story.

58 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

It has nothing to do with intelligence or commitment, the playing field isn't level. No one said you can't work your way out of poverty either, you're arguing with a liberal caricature instead of what I'm actually saying.

That video was fake dumbass.

The playing field isn't level. End of story.

Cry me a fucking river. Life is not a level playing field.

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

Cry me a fucking river. Life is not a level playing field.

Another bullshit non-argument. I'm not looking for perfection. I'm not crying about the current state of things. I'm saying we can and should improve the situation.

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

Another bullshit non-argument. I'm not looking for perfection. I'm not crying about the current state of things. I'm saying we can and should improve the situation.

So am I.

How's your way worked out? 

3 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

And no "I am living proof of my argument" would ever satisfy you, because victemhood.

We're getting off the Margaret Sanger topic a bit.  To be honest I hadn't really heard much about her.  I got a chance to do a little reading on her today and have to say she doesn't seem like the villain some are trying to make her out to be.  

As of late, Ben Carson and Herman Cain have both tried to label her racist and by association, Planned Parenthood.  25 conservative snowflakes tried to have her portrait removed from the Smithsonian.  A lot of the resentment comes from people attributing quotes to her that she never said or taking them out of context.

Apparently, Martin Luther King Jr was admirer of her work.

Some good reading here.

Edited by XC.Morrison

5 minutes ago, bussman said:

So am I.

How's your way worked out? 

We made some good progress with Obama after the recession and could have done much more with a cooperative congress: 

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

And no "I am living proof of my argument" would ever satisfy you, because victemhood.

Did you just criticize me for not basing my opinions on unreliable anecdotes? :lol: 

"Bootstraps" is a nice way to write off the poverty problem. If you're not lazy, you're fine! It doesn't actually fix poverty at all though, it just let's you ignore the poor without feeling guilty.

12 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

We made some good progress with Obama after the recession and could have done much more with a cooperative congress: 

Did you just criticize me for not basing my opinions on unreliable anecdotes? :lol: 

"Bootstraps" is a nice way to write off the poverty problem. If you're not lazy, you're fine! It doesn't actually fix poverty at all though, it just let's you ignore the poor without feeling guilty.

When and where I grew up, bootstraps was all there was. But please, go on sucking your thumb.

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

When and where I grew up, bootstraps was all there was. But please, go on sucking your thumb.

What the hell does that have to do with this Snake? Are you just throwing talking points at the wall to see what sticks?

10 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

What the hell does that have to do with this Snake? Are you just throwing talking points at the wall to see what sticks?

I've seen one after another, from the poorest town in the poorest county of the state, get the fuck out.

Our valedictorian is now the school janitor. The salutatorian runs an off the books day care. 75% of the people from my class that have 'made it' got if from their parents, either working for it or just an 80s version of a snowflake. The other 25% took the only other option and got. the. fuck.out. There really was NO other option. Just like how people talk about inner cities. Only difference was, getting out meant going over 35 miles away just to catch a bus.

My ONLY option was the military. I took and and have never been happier.

Enjoy your thumb young man.

• Like 1