Check your account email address ×

They are indeed ‘BAILOUTS.’

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

Dude premiums are already up thousands of dollars a year with these concessions to the Insurance Companies and many, many people can't afford to use the insurance because the deductibles are too high.  That's not even getting into the people who had to change doctors or service area's when they were promised they wouldn't have too.  

If you want to argue UHC that's fine.....we can debate the merits of that but claiming Obamacare is working is flat out a lie.  

I've not seen you or ONE liberal on here post up ways to fix Obamacare.  I do understand why however because there is no govt solution to fix it.    

Companies have announced if not funded increases will be 25% and up.

11 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:snack:

IMG_3286.JPG

:lol:

Poor SeRena.  SOOOO  the R's actually were involved in helping with this.....WEIRD!!!  Where are the Dems now?  NOWHERE!!!!!   And what a load of shit on the rest.  How was this finally put through? :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Poor SeRena.  SOOOO  the R's actually were involved in helping with this.....WEIRD!!!  Where are the Dems now?  NOWHERE!!!!!   And what a load of shit on the rest.  How was this finally put through? :lol:

Yeah - the R's had input and still didn't support it.  Where was the D's input this time around and all the committe hearings and transparency?  :snack:

Holy fuck are you dumb :lmao: 

Edited by SnowRider

Just now, SnowRider said:

Yeah - the R's had input and still didn't support it.  Where was the D's inout this time around and all the committe hearings and transparency?  :snack:

Holy fuck are you dumb :lmao: 

Why didn't the R's support the final draft?  Hint:  It's why we are where we are now.  Idiot! :lol:

WHere were the D's?  Isn't that clear by now where they are and what they do?

Image result for congress sit in

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Companies have announced if not funded increases will be 25% and up.

Good.  Liberals love them some Health Insurance Companies these days. :lol:  

3000 page Amendment. :lol:  The took a bill from the house that was about service members and home ownership and turned it into Obamacare.   Yeah that's a great way to pass legislation. :lol:  

Our dispute over Obamacare spending in the 2013 CR, however, has no bearing on the Origination Clause analysis of the 2010 Obamacare law itself. The Affordable Care Act, the Supreme Court has held, was a straightforward tax. No theorizing about spending is necessary. Everyone agrees that tax-raising measures must originate in the House. Obamacare originated in the Senate. It was introduced in Congress in 2009 by Senate majority leader Harry Reid, who called it the “Senate health care bill” (a description still touted long afterwards on Reid’s website). Employing the chicanery that marked the legislation through and through, the Democrat-controlled Senate turned its 3,000-page mega-proposal into a Senate amendment. The Senate attached its amendment to a nondescript, uncontroversial House bill (the “Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009”) that had unanimously passed (416–0) in the lower chamber.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/360460/obamacares-unconstitutional-origins-andrew-c-mccarthy

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Isn't that weird. :lol:

2009:  HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE SATAN AND MUST GO!

2017:  SAVE THE HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES!

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

We think on opposite ends of the planet. I think healthcare in the US should be for everyone as dozens of other countries provide.

Every American gets a healthcare plan....end of story. How do we pay for this? Cut the massive defense budget.

Its simple really Medicare for all.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Isn't that weird. :lol:

2009:  HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE SATAN AND MUST GO!

2017:  SAVE THE HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES!

:lmao: Not quite.....more like how are people going to afford HI without the subsidy?  To offset it - rates will go up and more people will not be able to afford HI.  Family values from the R's :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yet as we reported at the time, those amendments were mostly technical. Only two of those Republican amendments were passed via roll-call vote. One of these amendments required members of Congress and congressional staff to enroll in the government-run option and the other involved biologics medication.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/mar/16/luis-gutierrez/rep-gutierrez-says-hundreds-republican-amendments-/

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

:lmao: Not quite.....more like how are people going to afford HI without the subsidy?  To offset it - rates will go up and more people will not be able to afford HI.  Family values from the R's :lol: 

Ughhh......If only we has something like the free market.  Supply and demand type stuff.  Oh well.  But.......GUBMENT!!!!!

:lol: Comical as hell.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Yet as we reported at the time, those amendments were mostly technical. Only two of those Republican amendments were passed via roll-call vote. One of these amendments required members of Congress and congressional staff to enroll in the government-run option and the other involved biologics medication.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/mar/16/luis-gutierrez/rep-gutierrez-says-hundreds-republican-amendments-/

Good place to leave that. :)

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Are you attempting to compare the two processes? :lmao: You're balls deep in Dumps rump and he loves it :bc: 

Just now, Mainecat said:

We think on opposite ends of the planet. I think healthcare in the US should be for everyone as dozens of other countries provide.

Every American gets a healthcare plan....end of story. How do we pay for this? Cut the massive defense budget.

Not really.   I want the military budget cut dramatically.  The entire defense budget only makes up for 20% of America's HC expenditures.  

NHC in America isn't even a conversation until someone comes up with a plan of what to do with the private insurance companies and their assets.   

21 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Are you attempting to compare the two processes? :lmao: You're balls deep in Dumps rump and he loves it :bc: 

The dem process was a joke.   Take a house bill that was about service members housing and taxes, delete the entire thing, attach Obamacare to it so if the SC rules the penalties as taxes they can say it originated in the house all the while voting in the middle of the night.  I'd love to see the GOP do the same thing and listen to you little bitches cry.  

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

They act as if it was open and bipartisan. :lol:  

The late David Broder, the fair-minded Washington Post columnist, was scathing in his criticism of the spectacle in a column headlined “Health Reform’s Stench of Victory.” Reid, he wrote, “reduced the negotiations to his own level of transactional morality. Incapable of summoning his colleagues to statesmanship, he made the deals look as crass and parochial as many of them were — encasing a historic achievement in a wrapping of payoff and patronage.”

The Bottom Line

As we noted, Republicans have skipped the lengthy, open process of hearings and markups of legislation that characterized the Democrats’ march to passage of the ACA. Instead, they moved directly to floor votes. Moreover, Democrats at first tried to enlist some Republican support, while Republicans have not reached out to Democrats.

But recalling the second-longest Senate session obscures the fact that the floor debate was mostly for show, an exercise designed to allow the closed-door negotiations that shaped the final bill to take place. Once the deal was struck, Reid pushed the final draft forward with as much speed as possible. That’s what McConnell is doing now, having skipped the preliminaries.

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

I do pay for my own healthcare......its a part of my compensation package. We've been over this dummy 

No you don't, your employer pays for your healthcare because they govt forces them too. They pay for it and they administrate it. You and all these other faggots who bitch about Obamacare because your copays went up are all pissed off because it costs YOU more money. As long as someone else is footing the bill everybody is all fine and dandy. Govt forcing individuals to buy health insurance = bad. Govt forcing employers to pay for your health insurance = good. You tell yourself whatever makes you feel good but that's the bottom line. 

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

My camp?   I think congress should have exactly what they give the American people.   I said that long before Obamacare.   

The way I see it there are two camps and I didn't take you for a democrat, by deduction the other camp would be republican.  Unless you're one of the above it all wishy washy both parties suck types.  I can't stand that mentality.    This is the system we have, pick a side.  You can be on the moderate end of either side, sure.

i get my insurance through my employer, and well their employer is the government.  Just like I do, their employer pays part of it and they have to chip in the rest.  Unlike myself, however most, then purchase their coverage through the D.C. Obamacare exchange marketplace.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketplace.org/amp/2017/07/17/health-care/ive-always-wondered/here-where-us-congress-buys-its-health-insurance

Edited by XC.Morrison

2 hours ago, Anler said:

No you don't, your employer pays for your healthcare because they govt forces them too. They pay for it and they administrate it. You and all these other faggots who bitch about Obamacare because your copays went up are all pissed off because it costs YOU more money. As long as someone else is footing the bill everybody is all fine and dandy. Govt forcing individuals to buy health insurance = bad. Govt forcing employers to pay for your health insurance = good. You tell yourself whatever makes you feel good but that's the bottom line. 

Benes, like health insurance, are the main reason many work for the man and not on their own IMO. 

8 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Not with taxdodgers like you , Kennedy, Kerry, Fransen etc.   

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Benes, like health insurance, are the main reason many work for the man and not on their own IMO. 

Right, someone else pays for it. Everybody likes that. 

Some folks will take jobs making less money for the insurance, it's a nice perk. But more and more employers are trying to find ways around it. Because it's fucking expensive. It's the number 1 reason companies DONT hire new full time employees. And it's ONE of the reasons healthcare is so expensive. Because the govt forces employers to provide it (and now also minimum coverages)so medical providers can charge more money because most employed people have it. If everyone had to pay their own do you think folks would shop around for it like everything else? Yup...

Edited by Anler

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Right, someone else pays for it. Everybody likes that. 

Some folks will take jobs making less money for the insurance, it's a nice perk. But more and more employers are trying to find ways around it. Because it's fucking expensive. It's the number 1 reason companies DONT hire new full time employees. And it's ONE of the reasons healthcare is so expensive. Because the govt forces employers to provide it (and now also minimum coverages also)so medical providers can charge more money because most employed people have it. If everyone had to pay their own do you think folks would shop around for it like everything else? Yup...

I get sick of talking about this but you are correct.  Health insurance should have NEVER been part of a benefit package by employers and it should have NEVER been mandated by the government.  NEVER!

I read a really good article about employer sponsored plans being the setting for disaster by a good economist a decade or so ago.  And fuck me if he wasn't a Nostradamus lookin' MO-FO right now.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I get sick of talking about this but you are correct.  Health insurance should have NEVER been part of a benefit package by employers and it should have NEVER been mandated by the government.  NEVER!

I read a really good article about employer sponsored plans being the setting for disaster by a good economist a decade or so ago.  And fuck me if he wasn't a Nostradamus lookin' MO-FO right now.

Yup. It's basic economics. I always chuckle when people bitch about stifling regulation and govt forcing THEM to do stuff. But you never hear them bitch about the govt forcing employers to pay for their health insurance. But when it costs THEM more money? OUTRAGE!

Basic common sense will tell you that if you take away the govt mandate competition goes way the fuck up and therefore prices go down.... Just like retailers compete for business. You are going to look for the best value. How many people shop hospitals when they are going for a heart surgery? They don't because they know insurance is paying for it and they have a $xxx deductible. That Jew nose been will argue some hillbillies fucking eye teeth out to weasel down an extra $100 on a snowmobile but won't even bat an eye at the $100k for his sex change operation. Cuz it's a "fringe" benefit. "Other people's money"