Check your account email address ×

AI COULD SPARK WARS

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Highmark said:

I would think we would always be able to program in limits of what its working on or capable of.  

Programming a robot to do specific tasks is one thing...giving a robot AI is on a completely different level IMO

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Programming a robot to do specific tasks is one thing...giving a robot AI is on a completely different level IMO

I would still think limits could be placed in programming.   For example having a system look into cures for cancer but cannot research millions of protective code words that would shut it down.  In theory it seems scary but I would think man could protect itself. 

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I would still think limits could be placed in programming.   For example having a system look into cures for cancer but cannot research millions of protective code words that would shut it down.  In theory it seems scary but I would think man could protect itself. 

Are you fucking dumb? That is not AI ....do you have no concept of what AI is??? Watch the fucking vids I posted. Good God man :lol: 

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Are you fucking dumb? That is not AI ....do you have no concept of what AI is??? Watch the fucking vids I posted. Good God man :lol: 

:lol:   I just think safeguards could always be programmed in.   I guess if that's not complete AI then so be it.  I wouldn't see the need for a completely independent AI computer or robot cable of anything without limits.  For example I-Robot's code where they couldn't harm a human.  

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   I just think safeguards could always be programmed in.   I guess if that's not complete AI then so be it.  I wouldn't see the need for a completely independent AI computer or robot cable of anything without limits.  For example I-Robot's code where they couldn't harm a human.  

You cant get your mind around what AI is can you. Its consciousness and ability to reason and its coming....and the instant it happens humans will be rendered obsolete.

I assume you didnt watch the videos. Try and comprehend this. At current processor speed and function a neural network could do 10,000 years of human learning in one week. At current speed. In 20 years it will be 50x that or more. Imagine no constraint to size of network. AI will learn and discover and invent at a speed we cannot comprehend and the more it does and the faster it does it the further its exponential expansion will proceed. 

This has nothing to do with a robot doing the work of a human....think time travel and theoretical physics and mastering all of time and space. Stuff that would take the whole human race years and decades and centuries to revolutionize will be done in seconds by AI.....good god man

safeguards :lol: what a fucking idiot 

there are two scenarios

A. we stop expanding our technology now

B. AI wakes up and life as we know it is over

Since A is impossible we better start preparing for B now

Edited by f7ben

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

safeguards :lol: what a fucking idiot 

there are two scenarios

A. we stop expanding our technology now

B. AI wakes up and life as we know it is over