Check your account email address ×

Common sense with the Russia/Trump connection.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

if you think some shipments of more expensive US NG is really going to provide some competition for the Russians, who control pipelines, spickets, markets, etc throughout Europe, I have a bridge to sell you, really cheap.

Tell me why I should take your OPINION over fact by experts?

Because it supports your position? :lol:

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

Tell me why I should take your OPINION over fact by experts?

Because it supports your position? :lol:

my opinions are based on what I read on reputable news sources, and common sense. you?

blogs, from "the hill"? paleez.

:lol:

would you like some links on the NG situation in Russia and Europe, and what a drop in the bucket our expensive NG would be to them?

Edited by Snoslinger

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

my opinions are based on what I read on reputable news sources, and common sense. you?

would you like some links on the NG situation in Russia and Europe, and what a drop in the bucket our expensive NG would be to them?

Energy price war spreads to gas as US shale storms global market, stalks Russia

The US has exported its first shipment of natural gas in a historic move that shifts the balance of power in the global energy market and kicks off a struggle with Russia for market share. 

Surging US supply over the next five years threatens to break the Kremlin's dominance over Europe's gas market, and is already provoking talk of a "Saudi-style" counter attack by Moscow to drive US shale gas frackers out of business before they gain a footing.

At the very least, it sharpens a global price war as liquefied natural gas (LNG) bursts onto the scene, and closes the chapter on the 20th century system of pipeline monopolies. Gas is starting to resemble the spot market for crude oil, with the same wild swings in prices and boom-bust cycles.

A seven-year, $11.5bn project by Cheniere Energy finally came to fruition this week as the first LNG cargo left Sabine Pass in Louisiana - in a special molybdenum-hulled ship at -160 degrees Centigrade - destined for Petrobras in Brazil. "It is a big day for our natural gas revolution," said Ernest Moniz, the US energy secretary.

Speaking at the IHS CERAWeek summit in Texas, he said the emergence of the US as a gas superpower is a geopolitical earthquake, though he has always been coy about the exact intention. "It is a change in the energy security picture," he said.

The US is ramping up LNG exports to almost 130bn cubic metres a day (BCM) by the end of the decade, roughly equal to Russia's gas exports to Europe. This may rise to 200 BCM and possibly beyond as the shale industry keeps finding once unthinkable volumes of gas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/02/25/energy-price-war-spreads-to-gas-as-us-shale-storms-global-market/

God, will you just shut the fuck up with your 'opinion'.

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Energy price war spreads to gas as US shale storms global market, stalks Russia

The US has exported its first shipment of natural gas in a historic move that shifts the balance of power in the global energy market and kicks off a struggle with Russia for market share. 

Surging US supply over the next five years threatens to break the Kremlin's dominance over Europe's gas market, and is already provoking talk of a "Saudi-style" counter attack by Moscow to drive US shale gas frackers out of business before they gain a footing.

At the very least, it sharpens a global price war as liquefied natural gas (LNG) bursts onto the scene, and closes the chapter on the 20th century system of pipeline monopolies. Gas is starting to resemble the spot market for crude oil, with the same wild swings in prices and boom-bust cycles.

A seven-year, $11.5bn project by Cheniere Energy finally came to fruition this week as the first LNG cargo left Sabine Pass in Louisiana - in a special molybdenum-hulled ship at -160 degrees Centigrade - destined for Petrobras in Brazil. "It is a big day for our natural gas revolution," said Ernest Moniz, the US energy secretary.

Speaking at the IHS CERAWeek summit in Texas, he said the emergence of the US as a gas superpower is a geopolitical earthquake, though he has always been coy about the exact intention. "It is a change in the energy security picture," he said.

The US is ramping up LNG exports to almost 130bn cubic metres a day (BCM) by the end of the decade, roughly equal to Russia's gas exports to Europe. This may rise to 200 BCM and possibly beyond as the shale industry keeps finding once unthinkable volumes of gas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/02/25/energy-price-war-spreads-to-gas-as-us-shale-storms-global-market/

God, will you just shut the fuck up with your 'opinion'.

will you fucking think for once? you can't see for yourself that the US filling a few ships to go to Europe is a fucking drop in the bucket for their needs?

"LNG trade between the United States and Three Seas nations would help Trump in his bid to reduce the U.S. trade deficit and stands to improve energy security among the European countries by giving them an alternative to Russian gas.

But the odds of U.S. LNG significantly displacing Russian natural gas shipped by pipeline are slim. Piped gas sells at a large discount to LNG, which must be cooled to liquid form, shipped overseas and turned back into its gaseous form.

Russia has the ability to cut prices and adjust contract terms to maintain its dominant position in the European gas market, said Ken Culotta, a partner in global law firm King & Spalding's energy practice. European countries are likely to continue sourcing most of their gas from the lowest cost supplier, he added.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/06/trump-natural-gas-europe-leaders.html

18 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

There is a flip side to this, Russia can not afford to cut off gas supplies for more than a couple of weeks without causing themselves serious financial harm. While US , Arab Emirates and others who have CNG shipping capacity could not supply all of Europe they could make it to painful for Russians to use supply restrictions as a bargaining chip to a single state. Russia is a one trick pony as Europe and the world have no interest in buying durable goods from the former Soviets. 

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

There is a flip side to this, Russia can not afford to cut off gas supplies for more than a couple of weeks without causing themselves serious financial harm. While US , Arab Emirates and others who have CNG shipping capacity could not supply all of Europe they could make it to painful for Russians to use supply restrictions as a bargaining chip to a single state. Russia is a one trick pony as Europe and the world have no interest in buying durable goods from the former Soviets. 

I realize that, but focus on the main argument here - the belief that putin should be "scared" of trump because of our NG supply. he'd absolutely love to get rid of these sanctions so he can start making billions in energy again, and "sacrificing" a few losses from US supplies means nothing.

Russian state-owned firm Gazprom shut off pipelines to Ukraine in 2015, depriving Kyiv of a major source of revenue and disrupting supplies to Eastern Europe.

“It’s a key pillar of Russian foreign policy: of using gas and energy as a means of asserting dominance over Central Europe,” said Marek Matraszek, founder of the lobby firm CEC Government Relations, who played a major role in the Polish government’s acquisition of U.S.-built F-16 fighter planes.

The first shipment of American liquefied natural gas arrived at the port of Swinoujscie on Poland’s Baltic coast last month. The port facility and liquefaction plant were finished in 2015, aimed at diversifying the country’s energy sources and enabling Poland to become a hub supplying imported gas across Central and Eastern Europe.

With that in mind, the Three Seas Initiative Summit in Warsaw Thursday brought together leaders from a dozen Eastern European nations, plus Trump. He pledged the United States will never use energy as a political tool.

Energy analyst Grzegorz Malecki, a former head of Poland’s Foreign Intelligence Agency says Russia will be watching with interest.

“If this new source of gas supplies is moved forward and the infrastructure built, it may cause Russia to change its approach. The Polish government is probably counting on it. Russia may change its politics towards Poland regarding energy,” Malecki told VOA in an interview this week.

Russia has plans of its own to boost exports. Initially scheduled to open in 2019, the Nord Stream 2 pipeline would double its capacity to export gas directly to Germany beneath the Baltic Sea, bypassing Ukraine. Eastern European states want the project blocked.

“If we want to have United States’ LNG supplies in Central Europe, we also want to see the United States getting tough on Nord Stream 2, which means getting tough on Russia,” Matraszek said.

American LNG and the Nord Stream 2 project are on a collision course, with Poland stuck in the middle, Malecki said.

“It’s hard to hide the fact that these two projects compete with each other. The odds are that there will be a clash of these energy giants in Europe,” he said.

https://www.voanews.com/a/us-russian-collision-course-european-gas-market/3933746.html

Just now, Snoslinger said:

I realize that, but focus on the main argument here - the belief that putin should be "scared" of trump because of our NG supply. he'd absolutely love to get rid of these sanctions so he can start making billions in energy again, and "sacrificing" a few losses from US supplies means nothing.

President Trump has promised to roll back federal regulations to help U.S. oil and natural gas and to open up new areas for development. The administration's energy priority is to "unleash America's $50 trillion in untapped shale, oil, and natural gas reserves." 

Note: given our low prices, drilling in new areas might not seem so critical today but will becoming increasingly so because oil and gas aren't yet replaceable at scale, and demand will continue to mount "as far as the eye can see."

Overall, to say that we will now be implementing more pro-oil and pro-natural gas policies might be the biggest understatement you will hear this year. Think about it: former Texas governor Rick Perry is head of the U.S. Department of Energy and former ExxonMobil CEO is head of the U.S. Department of State.

Thus, the U.S. could rival Russia as the world's largest oil and gas exporting machine.

Russia accounts for over 20% of the world's exported natural gas, and gas is easily the world's most important fuel going forward given climate commitments: gas emits 50% less CO2 than coal and 30% less CO2 than oil. In 2016, "Russia tops Saudi Arabia as the world’s largest oil exporter," and oil is the world's most important fuel, with no significant substitute whatsoever.

With flexible liquefied natural gas (LNG) export contracts, a stable democracy and legal system, and transparent and technically advanced companies that countries desperately seek to do business with, U.S. oil and gas is highly desirable.

The U.S. is now slated to have the capacity to export 10-12 Bcf/day of LNG to the world by 2020, this is 1/3 of the current global market and a boom from virtually nothing a year ago.

At about 2 Bcf/day, we are now exporting LNG to some 20 nations, with U.S. supplies steadily moving across the spectrum in a single year: first to Latin America, then to Asia, and now over to Europe, Russia's most vital energy client. In fact, U.S. LNG is so desired in Europe that some nations have offered to accept higher prices for it, willing to lose money to lower the reliance on Russia.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/judeclemente/2017/02/25/u-s-set-to-rival-russia-in-oil-and-natural-gas-exports/#664724621e2e

40 minutes ago, Snake said:

President Trump has promised to roll back federal regulations to help U.S. oil and natural gas and to open up new areas for development. The administration's energy priority is to "unleash America's $50 trillion in untapped shale, oil, and natural gas reserves." 

Note: given our low prices, drilling in new areas might not seem so critical today but will becoming increasingly so because oil and gas aren't yet replaceable at scale, and demand will continue to mount "as far as the eye can see."

Overall, to say that we will now be implementing more pro-oil and pro-natural gas policies might be the biggest understatement you will hear this year. Think about it: former Texas governor Rick Perry is head of the U.S. Department of Energy and former ExxonMobil CEO is head of the U.S. Department of State.

Thus, the U.S. could rival Russia as the world's largest oil and gas exporting machine.

Russia accounts for over 20% of the world's exported natural gas, and gas is easily the world's most important fuel going forward given climate commitments: gas emits 50% less CO2 than coal and 30% less CO2 than oil. In 2016, "Russia tops Saudi Arabia as the world’s largest oil exporter," and oil is the world's most important fuel, with no significant substitute whatsoever.

With flexible liquefied natural gas (LNG) export contracts, a stable democracy and legal system, and transparent and technically advanced companies that countries desperately seek to do business with, U.S. oil and gas is highly desirable.

The U.S. is now slated to have the capacity to export 10-12 Bcf/day of LNG to the world by 2020, this is 1/3 of the current global market and a boom from virtually nothing a year ago.

At about 2 Bcf/day, we are now exporting LNG to some 20 nations, with U.S. supplies steadily moving across the spectrum in a single year: first to Latin America, then to Asia, and now over to Europe, Russia's most vital energy client. In fact, U.S. LNG is so desired in Europe that some nations have offered to accept higher prices for it, willing to lose money to lower the reliance on Russia.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/judeclemente/2017/02/25/u-s-set-to-rival-russia-in-oil-and-natural-gas-exports/#664724621e2e

You're wasting your breath with slinger.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
59 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

will you fucking think for once? you can't see for yourself that the US filling a few ships to go to Europe is a fucking drop in the bucket for their needs?

"LNG trade between the United States and Three Seas nations would help Trump in his bid to reduce the U.S. trade deficit and stands to improve energy security among the European countries by giving them an alternative to Russian gas.

But the odds of U.S. LNG significantly displacing Russian natural gas shipped by pipeline are slim. Piped gas sells at a large discount to LNG, which must be cooled to liquid form, shipped overseas and turned back into its gaseous form.

Russia has the ability to cut prices and adjust contract terms to maintain its dominant position in the European gas market, said Ken Culotta, a partner in global law firm King & Spalding's energy practice. European countries are likely to continue sourcing most of their gas from the lowest cost supplier, he added.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/06/trump-natural-gas-europe-leaders.html

Of which I would think would be highly advantageous for Russia. :lol:   Dude come on you owned yourself in your own post.  

Edited by Highmark

furthermore....

the ng exports were happening anyway, regardless of trump. or do you think all those ships and other export needs were assembled since November? :lmao:

but hey, keep on thinking trump is our savior and a thorn in putin's side

:handjob:

gul·li·ble
ˈɡələb(ə)l/  
adjective
adjective: gullible
  1. easily persuaded to believe something; credulous.

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

furthermore....

the ng exports were happening anyway, regardless of trump. or do you think all those ships and other export needs were assembled since November? :lmao:

gul·li·ble
ˈɡələb(ə)l/  
adjective

When you fail the argument.... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

tenor.gif

jalen-rose-owned-by-nick-van-excel-towel

Edited by Snake

Holy fuck , so it aint so....Slinger got beat down talking shit about something he has no clue about...I cant believe it....this is such a shock. I mean

I though the

Paypal

Kneeshot

Stewart Murder

Gulf is ruined for ever

North Slope Oil

Collusion 

situations were all just isolated misunderstandings.....I never thought slinger would get owned like that again

I mean I just couldnt have seen this coming 

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Holy fuck , so it aint so....Slinger got beat down talking shit about something he has no clue about...I cant believe it....this is such a shock. I mean

I though the

Paypal

Kneeshot

Stewart Murder

Gulf is ruined for ever

North Slope Oil

Collusion 

situations were all just isolated misunderstandings.....I never thought slinger would get owned like that again

I mean I just couldnt have seen this coming 

None of us could........... :flush: 

5 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

nope, and if you had any god damn sense it wouldn't you either. explain, in your own words, how you think our military and energy is a threat to Russia. :lol:

3 hours ago, Snake said:

Are you baked?

Where does the vast majority of nat gas in Europe come from?

“Russia will for sure remain Europe’s largest gas supplier for at least two more decades,” even if most of the incremental gains in EU imports are met by LNG from somewhere else, said Vladimir Drebentsov, chief economist for Russia and CIS at BP in Moscow.

We just sent our first ship to Poland with nat gas.

Stop spinning all the crap you get spoon fed and read facts for a change.

3 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

talk about a whoooshhhhhh. that is exactly my point.

our energy would not be a threat to Russia, especially if the sanctions are lifted.

is that clear enough?

3 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

So exporting LNG to countries currently fueled by Russian NG wouldn't be a threat to Russia.  

Got it.  Thanks

that is damn funny, in several different ways. what we'd supply is a drop in the bucket. once the sanctions get lifted, and exxon gets back into Russia, they won't need US energy at all. for being in the oil business, you aren't very bright tom. or is this all an act?

29 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

furthermore....

gul·li·ble
ˈɡələb(ə)l/  
adjective

I'm not seeing where we said any thing of the sort. I see you make a wildassed assumption and then get curbstomped with facts.

That's no reason to twist the whole argument as a right vs left/Putin vs Trump thing.

Just.... say UNCLE and let it go at that.

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

I'm not seeing where we said any thing of the sort. I see you make a wildassed assumption and then get curbstomped with facts.

That's no reason to twist the whole argument as a right vs left/Putin vs Trump thing.

Just.... say UNCLE and let it go at that.

Exactly.  No one here said any sort of thing.  Slinger is an idiot, plain and simple.  

trump makes the claim that there are several reasons why we should believe Russia doesn't want him in power - one is our big energy "threat" and the other is military. I laugh and call bs because in the scheme of things, our energy exports are a drop in the bucket. snake steps in, says otherwise, supporting the notion that trump is right. tom comes in later without a fucking clue. which is becoming a pattern...

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

trump makes the claim that there are several reasons why we should believe Russia doesn't want him in power - one is our big energy "threat" and the other is military. I laugh and call bs because in the scheme of things, our energy exports are a drop in the bucket. snake steps in, says otherwise, supporting the notion that trump is right. tom comes in later without a fucking clue. which is becoming a pattern...

dude , come on.....your battered wife and girlfriend with a credit card analogies are so much better :lol: idiot