Check your account email address ×

This is a good start , thank you Trump

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/3ce8df5c-899a-393a-9095-c731bbc4b1fe/ss_trump%26apos%3Bs-plan-to-slap.html

I'm sick and fucking tired of the Government telling us we can only use our left hands to manufacture goods because our right hands need to be tied up with regulations. All the while they let countries import their cheap shit made with two working hands and subsidized by their governments with impunity.

Its time for someone to stick up for the american worker and protect our vital industries and manufacturing as a whole.

level the fucking playing field , no more one sided trade deals...americans first in america

and for those of you who will cry because you want to by cheap ass garbage made by slaves in 3rd world shitholes......go fuck yourselves faggots 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/3ce8df5c-899a-393a-9095-c731bbc4b1fe/ss_trump%26apos%3Bs-plan-to-slap.html

I'm sick and fucking tired of the Government telling us we can only use our left hands to manufacture goods because our right hands need to be tied up with regulations. All the while they let countries import their cheap shit made with two working hands and subsidized by their governments with impunity.

Its time for someone to stick up for the american worker and protect our vital industries and manufacturing as a whole.

level the fucking playing field , no more one sided trade deals...americans first in america

and for those of you who will cry because you want to by cheap ass garbage made by slaves in 3rd world shitholes......go fuck yourselves faggots 

He said this during his campaign, i agreed then

Just now, MiSledder said:

He said this during his campaign, i agreed then

I did too and this is really the first solid action ....all the other trade cases were toothless because imports easily circumvented the country via changing the country of origin etc etc.

Countervailing duties etc have no teeth. A tariff on imported steel certainly does. It would be just like his tough talk on immigration. Just a little action will massively stem the tide.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

coming from the same guy who used imported steel for his own developments? but regardless, I'm all for it.

my own steel company used a competitor's steel to manufacture a whole facility. It was weird walking into an SDI facility everyday and seeing NUCOR Steel plastered all over the buildings lol. Large businesses do whats good for the baseline no matter what. In the end if Trump pulls this off and keeps putting pressure on these trade deals etc etc it will be following through on what won him the election and going further it will be a massive win for the working class of this country.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

i wonder if the former pro-import advocates, like im4bigbusiness, will have a problem with this, since it'll likely jack up the prices of some commodities? :news:

of course they do .....I have argued this with Huzzy until I'm blue in the face. These assholes think its fine if we destroy American business because they think getting super cheap shit from other countries at their cost is good for the US. Talk about shortsighted idiocy. I have been close to giving Don a good choking a few times arguing economics

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

coming from the same guy who used imported steel for his own developments? but regardless, I'm all for it.

This coming from the guy that whines about some saying pussy but defends a sexual predator and his enabler 

i wonder if the former pro-import advocates, like im4bigbusiness, will have a problem with this, since it'll likely jack up the prices of some commodities? :news:

Whats your angle? Beside trying to find a place to poke trump

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

of course they do .....I have argued this with Huzzy until I'm blue in the face. These assholes think its fine if we destroy American business because they think getting super cheap shit from other countries at their cost is good for the US. Talk about shortsighted idiocy. I have been close to giving Don a good choking a few times arguing economics

yep, they argue the money saved trickles down to the employees, jobs, etc. BS, it puts more money into their greedy little hands and foreign bank accounts.

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

yep, they argue the money saved trickles down to the employees, jobs, etc. BS, it puts more money into their greedy little hands and foreign bank accounts.

And once again Timeshare tries to redefine greed

Just now, MiSledder said:

Whats your angle? Beside trying to find a place to poke trump

i said I'm for it in my first post :dunno: these type situations are about the only things i like about trump. now if he's honest and does them though, that's the key part. maybe if he practiced what he preached? why doesn't he put his money where his mouth is in cases like this and bring his own jobs, and others in his family, back to the US?  trump is all about trump.

i said I'm for it in my first post :dunno: these type situations are about the only things i like about trump. now if he's honest and does them though, that's the key part. maybe if he practiced what he preached? why doesn't he put his money where his mouth is in cases like this and bring his own jobs, and others in his family, back to the US?  trump is all about trump.

I want him to get it done right. He also announced today he is allocating funds to help with the Chicago war zone. Lets see what he follows through with there as well

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Protectionism does not work one way, it goes both.  The US has done well cause they competed globally against others and did well.  Now they have there hand in everything and stand to lose much much more if the rest of the world cuts them off and stops buying American goods.

The consumers are the ones to blame when they pick a cheap product made offshore than one made locally.  That will never change, even with tariffs.  Its a mindset.  

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Protectionism does not work one way, it goes both.  The US has done well cause they competed globally against others and did well.  Now they have there hand in everything and stand to lose much much more if the rest of the world cuts them off and stops buying American goods.

The consumers are the ones to blame when they pick a cheap product made offshore than one made locally.  That will never change, even with tariffs.  Its a mindset.  

bull fucking shit ......if we are going to require labor and environmental standards be followed here then we need to place the same burden on goods made else where and marketed here. Anything less is fucking bullshit 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

bull fucking shit ......if we are going to require labor and environmental standards be followed here then we need to place the same burden on goods made else where and marketed here. Anything less is fucking bullshit 

We are in the same boat, so is most of Europe, your standards are no different and very likely behind.  There are many other countries besides China/India, however they are the economies of the future.  Its a slippery slope. 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

We are in the same boat, so is most of Europe, your standards are no different and very likely behind.  There are many other countries besides China/India, however they are the economies of the future.  Its a slippery slope. 

Trump is not proposing we tariff goods made in countries that have the same manufacturing standards we do. 

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm not so sure about that.  

Steel may be different as they are using the national security angle....but ultimately chinese steel is routed into this country through so many other ports where it is relabeled it is just smart to tariff it all on the way in 

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I can agree with a lot of that. but I don't believe doing these things to some countries, to some industries, will result in any catastrophes.

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I can agree with a lot of that. but I don't believe doing these things to some countries, to some industries, will result in any catastrophes.

See I don't believe in tariffs, the mindset of the American people needs to change.

We had three projects in Mexico this year, with possibly another one coming in another month.   All but one will serve the Mexican economy, ie not exported out of Mexico.  Run by American companies, all pro Trump.  Mexico buying American (Canadian) goods, all good.  Now these companies are very worried that will change unless Trump tones it down.  

You may win in one area and lose in another.  The US outreach is very large and do not take that for granted that it will remain the status quo.

18 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

See I don't believe in tariffs, the mindset of the American people needs to change.

We had three projects in Mexico this year, with possibly another one coming in another month.   All but one will serve the Mexican economy, ie not exported out of Mexico.  Run by American companies, all pro Trump.  Mexico buying American (Canadian) goods, all good.  Now these companies are very worried that will change unless Trump tones it down.  

You may win in one area and lose in another.  The US outreach is very large and do not take that for granted that it will remain the status quo.

level playing field .....anything less is treason