Check your account email address ×

Another Syrian bombing coming up

12 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

How did the old planes do it without auto pilot? you didn't answer my question about flight times either

8 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

The jet stream is a very high altitude wind which always blows from the West to the East across the Atlantic. The planes moving at a constant air speed thus go faster in the West-East direction when they are moving with the wind than in the opposite direction.

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Constant corrections manually performed by the pilots.  Trimming the elevator to adjust for the loss of weight when the fuel is burned.  

I don't think there is anything I can say that will convince you the earth is not shaped like a paper plate.  Several billion people understand our earth is shaped like a globe.  A few dozen think differently.  I'm not really sure what else to say.  

now you know how some of us feel when talking to you, and ben especially, about Russia subjects, like "meddling". :news:

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I don't think there is anything I can say that will convince you the earth is not shaped like a paper plate. 

I don't think it's shaped like a plate. I don't know the shape. It could be a ball. My question revolves around lack over curvature and seeing things that should be hidden by the curve

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

I don't think it's shaped like a plate. I don't know the shape. It could be a ball. My question revolves around lack over curvature and seeing things that should be hidden by the curve

Like the sun?

Just now, jtssrx said:

There is plenty of curvature.  Our globe is huge.  The curvature is difficult to see below 30,000'  It's not difficult to see above 35,000'.  The visual field of the human eye spans approximately 120°.  At 35,000' you only need about a 60° field of view to see the curvature.  

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

There is plenty of curvature.  Our globe is huge.  The curvature is difficult to see below 30,000'  It's not difficult to see above 35,000'.  The visual field of the human eye spans approximately 120°.  At 35,000' you only need about a 60° field of view to see the curvature.  

Things can bee seen for as much at 300 miles away that should be hidden.

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

Sooooo.....what do you see where the earth ends?

You assume it ends because you assume it's the same as the planets. Mind you no one has ever been to said planets.

Just now, jtssrx said:

Things can bee seen for as much at 300 miles away that should be hidden.

Dude.  I live in Alaska.  Denali is over 20,000' above sea level.  I can see Denali from way further away than 300 miles.  As I get closer to it I can see even more of it.  As I get further away I can see less of it.  

Just now, jtssrx said:

You assume it ends because you assume it's the same as the planets. Mind you no one has ever been to said planets.

Well if its flat it must end... shouldn't it?

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Dude.  I live in Alaska.  Denali is over 20,000' above sea level.  I can see Denali from way further away than 300 miles.  As I get closer to it I can see even more of it.  As I get further away I can see less of it.  

There is a calculation for that. You shouldn't be able to see most of that mountain range at that distance

4 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

There is a calculation for that. You shouldn't be able to see most of that mountain range at that distance

Ok so how much of Denali should I be able to see from Anchorage using your calculations.  Denali is exactly 135 miles from Anchorage and Denali is 20,310' high.

How much of it am I supposed to see?  

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

I don't expect anyone to take what a say as fact. Do your own research and stop being a parrot!!!

You are litterally parroting other people's YouTube non-scientific conjecture... At least the rest of the world is parroting scientific, peer-reviewed, research and the mother fucking evidence as seen through 70 years of space travel... And logic. 

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You are litterally parroting other people's YouTube non-scientific conjecture... At least the rest of the world is parroting scientific, peer-reviewed, research and the mother fucking evidence as seen through 70 years of space travel... And logic. 

No I'm presenting examples. I've said several times I don't know that my questions about the shape come from a lack of curvature. I'm just having a conversation