Check your account email address ×

Anyone know how to find

• Platinum Contributing Member
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

WLAN on my Samsung A14 cell phone?:ashamed:

I can't locate it after trying for almost an hour last night..>:( Trying to set up a small Drone.

Screenshot_20240405_062129.jpg

Edited by Steve753

23 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Screenshot_20240405_062129.jpg

I tried that now, never see WLAN which is what the Drone instructions says it has to use. I already crashed the Drone 6 times, LOL:lloyd:

12 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Just pull down twice from the home screen and click on Internet or whatever it is called on a Samsung.

Ok, tried that, never shows Internet, what else might it be called?

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I tried that now, never see WLAN which is what the Drone instructions says it has to use. I already crashed the Drone 6 times, LOL:lloyd:

There is no specific WLAN setting.

Steve's answer is correct.

Just now, Stephen Hawking said:

There is no specific WLAN setting.

Steve's answer is correct.

Weird because the video for setting up the Drone shows WLAN on the phone screen..I'll try to post the You Tube video.

49 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

You might not have the drone paired correctly if you crashed it several times maybe @ckf can help you with the drone? I do not see that setting on my A42 Android, WiFi on an off blue tooth on and off???

7 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

You might not have the drone paired correctly if you crashed it several times maybe @ckf can help you with the drone? I do not see that setting on my A42 Android, WiFi on an off blue tooth on and off???

Yeah, that's all I see on my phone, I do recall seeing WLAN on my A12 when I had it.

I was flying it without the phone using the controller just to see how it worked, crashed it in indoor and outdoor modes, hit my stove and TV, outside it hit trees.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Yeah, that's all I see on my phone, I do recall seeing WLAN on my A12 when I had it.

I was flying it without the phone using the controller just to see how it worked, crashed it in indoor and outdoor modes, hit my stove and TV, outside it hit trees.

But were you able to control the drone or did it have a mind of its own??

3 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

But were you able to control the drone or did it have a mind of its own??

Well being that I never had a Drone before, I'd say I could control it about 85% BUT it somehow got out too far and while trying to turn it around to come back it hit some branches about 200 feet away, my fault as it's hard to see that far out, I probably steered it wrong left/right.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

My drone uses it's own connection between the drone and my controller.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

My drone uses it's own connection between the drone and my controller.

As does mine. The phone is only needed to view what the Drone sees and to take pictures and Videos, you can also steer it with the phone if you want to.

This is how it would be done from my Samsung Galaxy S23.  For your purposes, WLAN and Wi-Fi are the same thing.

Setup --> Connections --> Data Usage --> Mobile data turn off.

Setup --> Connections --> Wi-Fi --> Search and find drone to connect to

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

As does mine. The phone is only needed to view what the Drone sees and to take pictures and Videos, you can also steer it with the phone if you want to.

My screen is built into the controller.

51yLUyndiJL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

52 minutes ago, ckf said:

DJI

I like using mine with my iPad, just needed a couple adapter cables.

the phone sucks 

Come to think of it I’m going to try castiing it to my tv this afternoon 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 10:04 AM, ckf said:

DJI

Can yours be controlled some with hand gestures, and does it have "follow me", so much this thing can do I'll never learn it all.:whistle:

4 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Can yours be controlled some with hand gestures, and does it have "follow me", so much this thing can do I'll never learn it all.:whistle:

I have no idea about hand gestures. But it does have a very good active track system that does a good job following. DJI is the leader in the drone business. That's about all that I have flown for the past 8 years. They have a very good return to home system where the drone will come back to where it took off from and land if it loose communication from the remote.

Depending on the model they can also come with obstacle avoidance. I wouldn't trust it around bare tree limbs like we have now, but other than that it works very good. They are almost fool proof now.

• Like 1