Check your account email address ×

DC Appeals Court Overturns 100 J6 Sentences, Say They Have Been Over-Sentenced

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Great, that’s why they’re being sentenced individually based on each cases merit. And no, skin color has nothing to do with intent - don’t be obtuse.

In the weeks leading to Jan. 6, Brock posted messages on social media, including one on Dec. 27, 2020, in which he stated, “I prefer insurrection at this point,” and another on Jan. 5, in which he declared, “our second American Revolution begins in less than two days.”

Anything else you’d like to defend about this guys intent while committing crimes in tactical gear?

Dummies posting their thoughts on FaceBook LOL Most of the people aren't very bright at all

You're arguing intent based off of what he was wearing, I am not. I'm saying I think it's ridiculous to base anything off the fact he had a helmet on etc. Tactical gear is scary looking to some people, I get it....sort of. Crimes are usually based off of actions not apparel 

22 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Ya.

Jan 6th was over something not real.

If you can't see a difference there's a problem.

Go back and re read my posts and if this is where you arrived, I think there is definitely a problem.  🤔

I think we’re pretty much done at this point. :dunno:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Dummies posting their thoughts on FaceBook LOL Most of the people aren't very bright at all

Very true.

9 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

You're arguing intent based off of what he was wearing, I am not. I'm saying I think it's ridiculous to base anything off the fact he had a helmet on etc. Tactical gear is scary looking to some people, I get it....sort of. Crimes are usually based off of actions not apparel

No I’m not, it’s simply a factor in understanding intent. Would you like some other examples of cases (other than J6) where the defendant wore various forms of tactical gear and it played a part in the outcome of sentencing? I’m willing to bet you wouldn’t be so quick as to say what they were wearing had nothing to do with what they did that day.

3 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Very true.

No I’m not, it’s simply a factor in understanding intent. Would you like some other examples of cases (other than J6) where the defendant wore various forms of tactical gear and it played a part in the outcome of sentencing? I’m willing to bet you wouldn’t be so quick as to say what they were wearing had nothing to do with what they did that day.

Well, when they wana pile up on someone to set an example I guess a helmet is something to add in there. SMH Once again, I think it's ridiculous

What's next......Your crime is wearing a helmet and no other actions or wardrobe, attire or costumes

23 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Go back and re read my posts and if this is where you arrived, I think there is definitely a problem.  🤔

I think we’re pretty much done at this point. :dunno:

Same here  :lol: 

43 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Well, when they wana pile up on someone to set an example I guess a helmet is something to add in there. SMH Once again, I think it's ridiculous

Well here’s some advice. If you plan to put yourself in a risky situation, don’t play dress up that day in tactical gear. If you end up committing a crime while wearing it, courts will think you came prepared to engage in violence - even if your a saint who’s only fault is having a few screws loose. Excluding J6, it happens all the time, which I’m sure you’re equally upset about.

50 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

What's next......Your crime is wearing a helmet and no other actions or wardrobe, attire or costumes

No, you’re still safe to play fantasy dress up. Just don’t do it while committing a crime.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Well here’s some advice. If you plan to put yourself in a risky situation, don’t play dress up that day in tactical gear. If you end up committing a crime while wearing it, courts will think you came prepared to engage in violence - even if your a saint who’s only fault is having a few screws loose. Excluding J6, it happens all the time, which I’m sure you’re equally upset about.

No, you’re still safe to play fantasy dress up. Just don’t do it while committing a crime.

It's crazy that this even needs to be explained to some.

:lol:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, akvanden said:

You can keep going with the personal shots if that's what you feel you need to do. I disagree with the helmet wardrobe bullshit. You have a hard time with that hence the bs you keep fanning at me.

I guess I'll have to buy one of those helmets then go grocery shopping and watch the people scatter in fear. Would make grocery shopping easier. Maybe I should walk around asking who wants to see my big scary helmet :lol:  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

It's crazy that this even needs to be explained to some.

:lol:

What's next after a helmet? American patch on the arm? Gadsen flag T-shirts? Someone wearing Republican gear of any sort? 

57 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

You have a hard time with that hence the bs you keep fanning at me

I don’t, intent is part of the court system, J6 or not. I didn’t make it that way.

57 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I guess I'll have to buy one of those helmets then go grocery shopping and watch the people scatter in fear. Would make grocery shopping easier. Maybe I should walk around asking who wants to see my big scary helmet

Just don’t do it while breaking in. They won’t understand.

:beer_cheers:

Edited by akvanden

59 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

What's next after a helmet? American patch on the arm? Gadsen flag T-shirts? Someone wearing Republican gear of any sort? 

For some of these guys, it's just a red hat.  That'll trigger them immensely!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Trump was the cause of J6. Without Trump, Jan 6th wouldn't have happened. 

It just burns your ass.. trump trump trump. He’s the cause of everything 

fuck  off ya broken record. I’m glad j6 has you upset hourly. Couldn’t happen to a better moron

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, akvanden said:

I don’t, intent is part of the court system, J6 or not. I didn’t make it that way.

Just don’t do it while breaking in. They won’t understand.

:beer_cheers:

I carry a fishing rod into a McDonald's my intent is to go fishing inside the building

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I walk inside a daycare wearing a Biden mask. What’s my intent? :lol:

Careful, that comment might get you booted from here!! LOL :lol:

Just now, Bontz said:

Careful, that comment might get you booted from here!! LOL :lol:

If that’s all it takes these days they would be doing me a favor :lol:

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

A Maga hat.