Check your account email address ×

Dam refugees.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'd rather our compassion be helping them where they are. Can that not be compassionate?  Let's face it they are not all women and children leaving.   Why are these young men not wanting to stay and help their country become a better place?

If SA wants our weapons we could force them to take refugee's.   We could negotiate countries that are not accepting them to take them.   The only answer isn't in the US. 

Do good leaders lead by example?  How can we have the Dump narrative on refugees and then expect others do as we say but not as we do?  Do you think Dumps rhetoric helps or hurts our cause? 

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I agree. We should take that route, but at the same time, we can take some as well. 

I'm simply fed up with the Muslim world.   Like you admitted even a small % are radical creates a big issue with the overall volume.  If we let 50K in per year and 1% are already radicalized or will become so thats 5,000 in 10 years.   Sorry its just not worth it.   The countries Trump wants extreme vetting on do not have or we cannot trust the information on them we get.   Can we really say we can know a person's current or future intentions based off a few interviews?   GMAFB.   

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I agree. We should take that route, but at the same time, we can take some as well. 

do they serve a value to this country by being here, if not why should we let them in. 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm simply fed up with the Muslim world.   Like you admitted even a small % are radical creates a big issue with the overall volume.  If we let 50K in per year and 1% are already radicalized or will become so thats 5,000 in 10 years.   Sorry its just not worth it.   The countries Trump wants extreme vetting on do not have or we cannot trust the information on them we get.   Can we really say we can know a person's current or future intentions based off a few interviews?   GMAFB.   

I don't get the liberals swing that we should wait until it becomes a REALLY BIG problem.  Clearly the muslim ideology is not a fit for western culture...and they are pushing us to assimilate more than the other way around.  Which is BIZARRE because we are complying.  Our schools are bending over backwards with prayer rooms and even offering them rugs!  I guess the Separation of Church and State was  good fight for the left, but Islam is just fine. :wall:

Does bringing in refugees from the middle east benefit our country and society as a whole? I think that is the question that needs to be asked. The humanitarian aspect of it is obvious, helping desperate people by allowing them to come to our wealthy safe nations is a very nice gesture, of that there is no doubt. It relieves the guilt some feel from knowing they had a hand in creating the situation these people now face. Free Nations by nature are designed to be self serving, they are designed to provide a good life to the participants in that society, and with that there is an expectation that those benefitting from that society in return respect it, honour it, and are loyal to it. We place great effort in to this goal, we are always trying to build a place where our collective life expectancy and comforts grow, this is really our main focus. that focus is lost on us at times, but is always at the core. Now, with this in mind, should we not be selective about whom we allow to live here, do we not have that right? When we observe what is happening in Europe with mass migration, we can see how it can become a detriment to the country allowing it. Open borders will fail a nation that has strong social services, much like a person with a net worth of ten million dollars is wealthy until he is supporting 200 people, his wealth is then depleted to the point he is struggling. When we live in a time where government is spending borrowed monies just to provide the services to those already here, is it prudent to bring in those that will become a financial burden on the system. This has nothin g to do with race, or fear, but is a pragmatic argument that is difficult to refute.

54 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don't get the liberals swing that we should wait until it becomes a REALLY BIG problem.  Clearly the muslim ideology is not a fit for western culture...and they are pushing us to assimilate more than the other way around.  Which is BIZARRE because we are complying.  Our schools are bending over backwards with prayer rooms and even offering them rugs!  I guess the Separation of Church and State was  good fight for the left, but Islam is just fine. :wall:

One thing that is overlooked is the govt uses spying on all of us as an excuse to keep us safe from terrorism.   The more they let in the more they will claim the need for spying on us.  

Edited by Highmark

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

One thing that is overlooked is the govt uses spying on all of us as an excuse to keep us safe from terrorism.   The more they let in the more they will claim the need for spying on us.  

But why?  I thought these were innocent and harmless refugees and immigrants looking to better their lives and assimilate into our culture? I thought we are trying to set an example of others to follow?  Why MORE spying? :dunno:

Just now, Zambroski said:

But why?  I thought these were innocent and harmless refugees and immigrants looking to better their lives and assimilate into our culture? I thought we are trying to set an example of others to follow?  Why MORE spying? :dunno:

I'm convinced many in govt want more Muslim immigrants as a means to increase spying on all of us. 

Just now, Highmark said:

I'm convinced many in govt want more Muslim immigrants as a means to increase spying on all of us. 

:lol: 

IMG_3109.GIF

IMG_3123.JPG

• Like 1

Post after post of rhetoric when in one week American Christians have killed more people than Refugees have in the last 40 years. 

Wake the fuck up!!!! Refugees are not threatening you. 

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Post after post of rhetoric when in one week American Christians have killed more people than Refugees have in the last 40 years. 

Go stuff yourself in the tip of your canoe....Then hit some class IVXXXXXXX rapids.

Report back.

:lol:

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I wish we had a sarcasm emo.  I could have used it in my post. :lmao:

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

They should be. Do we not have any compassion to take some when they fail to step to the plate? 

Nope take the Asian with a PHD in computer science over the uneducated future welfare recipient every fucking time :)

1 hour ago, Boered said:

Does bringing in refugees from the middle east benefit our country and society as a whole? I think that is the question that needs to be asked. The humanitarian aspect of it is obvious, helping desperate people by allowing them to come to our wealthy safe nations is a very nice gesture, of that there is no doubt. It relieves the guilt some feel from knowing they had a hand in creating the situation these people now face. Free Nations by nature are designed to be self serving, they are designed to provide a good life to the participants in that society, and with that there is an expectation that those benefitting from that society in return respect it, honour it, and are loyal to it. We place great effort in to this goal, we are always trying to build a place where our collective life expectancy and comforts grow, this is really our main focus. that focus is lost on us at times, but is always at the core. Now, with this in mind, should we not be selective about whom we allow to live here, do we not have that right? When we observe what is happening in Europe with mass migration, we can see how it can become a detriment to the country allowing it. Open borders will fail a nation that has strong social services, much like a person with a net worth of ten million dollars is wealthy until he is supporting 200 people, his wealth is then depleted to the point he is struggling. When we live in a time where government is spending borrowed monies just to provide the services to those already here, is it prudent to bring in those that will become a financial burden on the system. This has nothin g to do with race, or fear, but is a pragmatic argument that is difficult to refute.

Hard to disagree with any of that,  unless your a feel good liberal snowflake.  

4 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Nope take the Asian with a PHD in computer science over the uneducated future welfare recipient every fucking time :)

I'd take them all over a draft dodging bag of shit like you. 

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

What are you drooling on yourself about you lying sack of know nothing shit :finger3:

5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Just now, Momorider said:

What are you drooling on yourself about you lying sack of know nothing shit :finger3:

Momo :groin: revkev 

31 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

In the name of their religion they have?