Check your account email address ×

Mexico demands investigation into US military-grade weapons being used by drug cartels

10 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I picked up a buddy from the airport, did 6 months in Afghanistan.

SOP for my unit. Send a vehicle, lots of buddies and a case of booze. Party on his way home.

Spiralled out of control when he got back.

I’d spend the time and money to make him right.

We owe him that.

Absolutely :bc: you're a good man obviously.

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Absolutely :bc: you're a good man obviously.

On that same plane was the dude that trained me.

He spent  6 months in Afghanistan as well.

His wife and kids were there to greet him.

Got to tell his family what a great dude their dad was.

21 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I picked up a buddy from the airport, did 6 months in Afghanistan.

SOP for my unit. Send a vehicle, lots of buddies and a case of booze. Party on his way home.

Spiralled out of control when he got back.

I’d spend the time and money to make him right.

We owe him that.

Agreed. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Well, I only know of a few and it is never-ending. 

Drugs have created a never ending cycle.  Demand for many "legal" drugs are way up because of the demand for illegal ones.

Quit  being such a miserable cunt….watch the show Intervention a few times…there are plenty of success stories.

14 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Quit  being such a miserable cunt….watch the show Intervention a few times…there are plenty of success stories.

I have watched it.  No what the difference between this discussion and that show?  There are family members that are trying to help.  I will help easily family members, but I would rather see tax money going towards needed medication for diabetes than waste it on OD revival for some. 

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

I have watched it.  No what the difference between this discussion and that show?  There are family members that are trying to help.  I will help easily family members, but I would rather see tax money going towards needed medication for diabetes than waste it on OD revival for some. 

How do you know some of us aren't speaking about family members. Also I consider my close friends "family" too so that adds in a few more situations.

Whats to investigate? People want to buy weapons, US military companies want to sell weapons. They sell weapons to terrorists everyday, why not cartels? 

On 1/24/2024 at 4:16 PM, Voodoo said:

Why can't I get a C6 belt fed 7.62? 

I'm just a bad ass on the C6. Like captain Kill.

Maybe a  Grenade launcher. 

Carl G?

There is the second, right?

If I had a rocket launcher some some of a bitch would die.

Because you are not in a cartel or terrorist org thats why. 

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

Whats to investigate? People want to buy weapons, US military companies want to sell weapons. They sell weapons to terrorists everyday, why not cartels? 

Yup, Snake said that the US must sell weapons to fund the next generation of weapons. Should be an open market.

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

I’m assuming that you want that because the damage from drug use is self inflicted. Yet many who have been diagnosed with diabetes have it because of lifestyle choices. In other words, self inflicted. So do you plan on having a litmus test for those that deserve free insulin vs those that don’t based on lifestyle choices? 

On 1/24/2024 at 5:05 PM, steve from amherst said:

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico wants an urgent investigation into how U.S. military-grade weapons are increasingly being found in the hands of Mexican drug cartels, Mexico’s top diplomat said Monday.

Mexico’s army is finding belt-fed machine guns, rocket launchers and grenades that are not sold for civilian use in the United States.

“The (Mexican) Defense Department has warned the United States about weapons entering Mexico that are for the exclusive use of the U.S. army,” Foreign Relations Secretary Alicia Bárcena said. “It is very urgent that an investigation into this be carried out.”

We could start by not leaving munitions behind 

On 1/25/2024 at 3:10 PM, Voodoo said:

One never knows the full life story, as to how someone got addicted to drugs.

The new generation of opioids are highly addictive.

It’s pretty easy to simply say, well don’t do them in the first place.

Decades ago, friends of mine at a party had coke. In my drunken state I tried it.

God damn what a high. I was in great physical shape already and I thought I was superman, for hours.

Next day the crash was crazy. If I could have got more I probably would have, got back on the dragon.

i have a lot of sympathy for those addicted. I love Satan’s soda more than I should.

Ive done things while drunk that would make Jesus weep, many times. 
My wife forgives me more than she should.

Not proud of it, not making excuses, just solidifies my perspective on addiction.

We need better treatment centres, and laws to force those addicted into them.

That flys against my freedom bone, but sometimes bad things must be done for good reasons.

In a couple weeks it will be one year ago that I quit drinking. I never figured it would be that easy but I did it cold turkey. No matter what the vice is, addiction is real and can be hard.

• Like 2