Check your account email address ×

Stop/Start vehicles

• Platinum Contributing Member

I think we need a "do you wear your seatbelt" pole, Where's Karen at? He loves the poles! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I think we need a "do you wear your seatbelt" pole, Where's Karen at? He loves the poles! 

He likes to prove polls wrong. He calls it poll smoking. He loves smoking polls 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Couple people have mentioned seat belt alerts ..

Out of curiosity do a lot of you guys not wear seatbelts??

I always wear them.

9 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Definitely agree with and been there with the driving a 100yds and a strip mall parking lot that's 3/4 of a mile long..

Was more like meaning normal driving down the road to the store or something 

Few years ago, like maybe 10, a neighbor on this road needed gas for his lawn mower, the Bar on this road sells gas so "Bill V." drove his pickup to the Bar about 900 feet and was ticketed for not wearing his seat belt..it's rare to see a cop here but it was Bill's unlucky day that day.

• Gold Member
10 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Couple people have mentioned seat belt alerts ..

Out of curiosity do a lot of you guys not wear seatbelts??

I’ve never worn one since the day I could drive by myself at 16 only a few rare occasions I’ll put it on. I’ll wear it at the track obviously and if the roads are really snowy other than that never. I cut a junk belt apart to click in to the latch in the car so I don’t have to hear the warning. I’ve got a few seat belt tickets in other states but that’s actually a plus usually they’ll let you off the speeding ticket and give you the belt one. Lot of my friends don’t wear them either maybe it’s a NH thing not a law here live free or die baby 😂

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

I didn't wear my seat belt untill I got into an accident. Was 30ish mph and someone turned in front of me.

I looked like I went a few rounds with mike Tyson from the air bag hitting me full in the face and smashed both knees on the dash.

Since then I wear the belt all the time.

If you want to learn the hard way like I did then more power to you. :lol:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I didn't wear my seat belt untill I got into an accident. Was 30ish mph and someone turned in front of me.

I looked like I went a few rounds with mike Tyson from the air bag hitting me full in the face and smashed both knees on the dash.

Since then I wear the belt all the time.

If you want to learn the hard way like I did then more power to you. :lol:

I hit a car head on probably 10 years ago now on route 101 at least 40mph in a fox body. Guy was turning onto a side road the guy behind him rear ended him pushing him into my lane coming the other direction barely had time to react cut wheel slammed brakes but still slammed into that car head one in the front corner down the side. Bags blew all 3 cars totaled. Didn’t get a scratch luckily but was pissed my notch I bought less than a week ago was totaled. I got pics somewhere of the car the frame buckled bad pushed the firewall back and buckled floor under the drivers seat.

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

. I’ve got a few seat belt tickets in other states but that’s actually a plus usually they’ll let you off the speeding ticket and give you the belt one. 

Last one I got was in Mass, pulled over for speeding, $25 no seat belt tix

• Like 1

• Gold Member

I'll be honest in my Caddy I rarely put a belt on unless I see a cop lmao.  Haven't had a belt ticket in years.  

Nowadays If I am in a fast Car then I always put one on but cruising in a truck nah.

I always make my kids wear em tho. 

• Like 1