Check your account email address ×

21 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It simply amazes me the amount of people buying them in my area just to road trip around county roads, run errands or drive them to work.   I see 3-5 on the roads every time I'm in my small town.   The vast, vast majority are the full box Ranger or Defender.  $30-$33K machines.  Without question many are taking over what use to be Harley riders.  A lot more useful I guess. 

I've seen fundraiser rides with hundreds of them pass my house in the country.

I would think it hurts auto/truck sales.   Someone is ready to trade up to a newer vehicle that will cost them around 20-30K....no problem keep what I got and get a UTV>    

If we could legally drive them on the road like you can in some states I think we’d see even more of them 

1 minute ago, Rod said:

If we could legally drive them on the road like you can in some states I think we’d see even more of them 

We can here :bc: 

3 minutes ago, Rod said:

i wish we could make them road legal.   would be awsome up north 

Just now, HSR said:

We can here :bc: 

Technically not legal here. I mean nobody cares if you drive the in rural areas but if you take them into town you’re going to have a bad time 

seems like a bit of a culture thing cause sleds get a LOT of leeway lol

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Rod said:

Basically in Iowa you can drive them in almost any county.  You cannot go on 4 lane state roads but can use 2 lane state roads to connect 2 county roads.   Use to be no driving after dark and they even changed that.   State law allows any unpaved road.   County by county on paved surfaces which most allow. 

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Rod said:

Oooof you owned yourself again 

claiming Ontario as Canada 

but that’s how you easterners are 

Yup, you got me sport!! Enjoy your medals.

OIP.jpeg.jpg

1 hour ago, Rod said:

We can in Parry Sound and they are great to drive around in town through the trail system.  Don't really care about mud holes either.

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

I thought the boating industry was pricing itself out of a market with $100K-$200K pontoons and its as strong as ever.   Its insane the money people spend on recreation.  

If you dont need the latest and greatest you can still get brand new polaris ranger 570s under 15k and they are very nice.

Edited by Big Crappie

Just now, Big Crappie said:

If you dont need the latest and greatest you can still get brand new polaris ranger 570s under 15k and they are very nice.

I agree but $15K is still a lot of coin. 

4 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Yeah that’s more reasonable 

paid 11 ish for my used commander 1000 and for its purpose it’s plenty fine 

6 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Exactly.  In the right neighborhood, or farm country with a lot of dirt roads.  If I lived up north where there was a trail system, maybe, but I just can't get into it.  If you're not the lead guy, you're generally eating dust.  And if you're taking them in the mud, you're just destroying them slowly.  Meh.

We have hundreds of miles of organized trails here and clubs that maintain them. We also have all of the state forest roads and we can drive them on the county and town roads. 

Best recreational vehicle for us.

People say why not just buy a jeep?

Well, jeeps arent allowed on the organized trails and they get stuck easier.

5 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

We have hundreds of miles of organized trails here and clubs that maintain them. We also have all of the state forest roads and we can drive them on the county and town roads. 

Best recreational vehicle for us.

People say why not just buy a jeep?

Well, jeeps arent allowed on the organized trails and they get stuck easier.

The quad trails here are unmaintained sled trails. Those pricks absolutely destroy the trail system and destroy the snowmobile shacks. Mud all over the place, takes an extra foot of snow to fill in there ruts..

there’s a reason everyone hates quad dicks 

Just now, Big Crappie said:

How much is a new sled that you may get to use 2 months....or less a year?

Not debating which is a more foolish purchase.....goes without saying that its sleds.