Check your account email address ×

U.S. repeatedly blocked Ukraine peace deals; is it rethinking its strategy yet?

• Platinum Contributing Member
Posted (edited)

What I find most amazing of the people who want us to continue spending billions in Ukraine is the fact that Ukraine never wanted the war and the whole thing could have been avoided if it weren't for the war mongers in NATO and the DC deep state. 

https://www.peoplesworld.org/article/u-s-repeatedly-blocked-ukraine-peace-deals-is-it-rethinking-its-strategy-yet/

Madeleine Albright, the now-deceased and famous U.S. diplomat, once said that during negotiations, one must distinguish between what participants really want and what is just political theater. In Belarus in March 2022, the U.S. chose to focus on political theater, diverting attention from the two key Russian demands.

Arakhamia said that internationally mediated negotiations in Istanbul, shortly after the March 2022 talks in Belarus, actually produced an agreement between Ukraine and Russia to bring the fighting to an end—on the basis of those same points.

“[The Russians] were ready to end the war if we accepted neutrality like Finland once did. And we were ready to make a commitment that we would not join NATO. When we returned from Istanbul, [then-British Prime Minister] Boris Johnson came to Kiev and said: ‘Do not sign anything with them at all; just go to war,’” Arakhamia said.

Former German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder, who was also in Istanbul, confirmed that a Russia-Ukraine peace deal was nearly reached in the spring of 2022. His remarks were reported in an interview with Berliner Zeitung on Oct. 21.

According to Schroeder, the deal would have included four main points: The first was that Ukraine would abandon plans to join NATO. The second was that bans on the Russian language in Ukraine would be removed. The third was that Donbass would remain in Ukraine but function as an autonomous region. The fourth was that the U.N. and Germany would offer to supervise the security agreements. The Crimea situation was left to be addressed in the future

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

Just like Hamas, you don't negotiate with those that cross a border, rape and pillage your country.

There is nothing, zero, nada that indicates Putin would be honest or keep his word.

Die on your feet rather than kneeling like a dog.

I think I'll collect all my guns and bring them to our dope.

He promises there will be peace in Canada when all the guns are gone.

Edited by Voodoo
  • Like 1

• USA Contributing Member

Imagine if Russia formed a pact with Mexico and put a couple bases up along the border.  Then Cuba and on into South America.  I bet the US would be more than a little annoyed. 

Should have given in to Donbass... they want to be Russian anyway.   Just say'n.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Imagine if Russia formed a pact with Mexico and put a couple bases up along the border.  Then Cuba and on into South America.  I bet the US would be more than a little annoyed. 

Should have given in to Donbass... they want to be Russian anyway.   Just say'n.

The us would absolutely spaz if Russia started militarizing Mexico and wanted to build a naval base there 

21 minutes ago, Rod said:

The us would absolutely spaz if Russia started militarizing Mexico and wanted to build a naval base there 

Good things we're friends with our neighbors, don't stick 100,000 soldiers along the border for months , "on an exercise", and lie after lie about it to the entire world.

If my next door neighbor did something like that, god damn right I'd want to find as many of my friends as I could to back me up.

Edited by Voodoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rod said:

History shows us it about ending human civilization as we know it during the Cuban Missile Crisis yet we have bases all over including surrounding China. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

Just like Hamas, you don't negotiate with those that cross a border, rape and pillage your country.

There is nothing, zero, nada that indicates Putin would be honest or keep his word.

Die on your feet rather than kneeling like a dog.

I think I'll collect all my guns and bring them to our dope.

He promises there will be peace in Canada when all the guns are gone.

It could and should have been done before Russia ever crossed the border.   Think of the amount of lives and money saved. 

There is not one single reason it should not have been tried.   If Putin breached the agreement it could have been dealt with then. 

Its really, really easy to armchair QB a country into war when its not you or your sons dying and not your country being destroyed. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It could and should have been done before Russia ever crossed the border.   Think of the amount of lives and money saved. 

There is not one single reason it should not have been tried.   If Putin breached the agreement it could have been dealt with then. 

After Russia invaded and annexed Crimea, there was no way Ukraine wasn’t joining NATO.  Not joining all but guaranteed further Russian aggression.  Notice how Russia only invades non NATO countries?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, akvanden said:

After Russia invaded and annexed Crimea, there was no way Ukraine wasn’t joining NATO.  Not joining all but guaranteed further Russian aggression.  Notice how Russia only invades non NATO countries?

So then why weren't they allowed to join after the 2014 taking of Crimea under the Obama admin?   I mean if they really wanted to stop Russian aggression it should have been a no brainer.  The truth.....NATO didn't have the stomach to take on the Bear and thought they would let the Ukrainians sacrifice themselves while we stupid American's paid for it.   How awesome of NATO.  Fuck them and fuck the Europeans.  

Why is the Russian Federation still allowed on the UN security council?   

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

After the us backed coup of Ukraine to install a puppet, the writing was on the wall that the us wanted a naval base around Crimea so Putin did what he had to. It’s all Russians there anyway and he had to make a move before they threw Ukraine into nato 

is what it is. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So then why weren't they allowed to join after the 2014 taking of Crimea under the Obama admin?   I mean if they really wanted to stop Russian aggression it should have been a no brainer.  The truth.....NATO didn't have the stomach to take on the Bear and thought they would let the Ukrainians sacrifice themselves while we stupid American's paid for it.   How awesome of NATO.  Fuck them and fuck the Europeans.  

There were numerous reason why it wasn't done; for right or for wrong. Either way, NATO is still paying for it, not just the 'stupid Americans'. 

18 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Why is the Russian Federation still allowed on the UN security council?

Because they're one of the five permanent members of the council. Permanent membership and veto power of these five countries are enshrined in the UN Charter.

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

There were numerous reason why it wasn't done; for right or for wrong. Either way, NATO is still paying for it, not just the 'stupid Americans'. 

Because they're one of the five permanent members of the council. Permanent membership and veto power of these five countries are enshrined in the UN Charter.

We're carrying the majority of the bill.

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Its really, really easy to armchair QB a country into war when its not you or your sons dying and not your country being destroyed. 

Hundo P.

Putin kept telling everyone, it's just an exercise, on the border...nothing to see here.

No one, with any brain, thought that was the case...but we didn't arm and defend ourselves.

We are dumb as fuck.

3 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Hundo P.

Putin kept telling everyone, it's just an exercise, on the border...nothing to see here.

No one, with any brain, thought that was the case...but we didn't arm and defend ourselves.

We are dumb as fuck.

No , you are dumb as fuck. 

5 minutes ago, Rod said:

And don’t forget the US committed an act of terrorism on Germany 

I'll give the Allies a pass on defeating Nazi's in WWII.

Bad shit needs to happen, for the right reasons. 

Not a fan, but I'm a realist.

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No , you are dumb as fuck. 

Suck my dick, you cock gobbling, sister screwing dick bag mother fucker.

Can we not resort to name calling, please?

What is incorrect with Putin stating the formation of troops is just an exercise?

Edited by Voodoo

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Many republicans wanted to deal with Hitler. So there’s that part of history some here didn’t learn from.

80 years ago.

Why do  we think we should follow that path?

Only the left thinks that’ll the playbook going forward.

5 hours ago, $poorsledder$ said:

This is what the idiots don't get.

24 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Many republicans wanted to deal with Hitler. So there’s that part of history some here didn’t learn from.

New York times had reporters on both sides and Rothschild funded both sides.

Learn some history moron.

3 hours ago, akvanden said:

Fucking clueless retard.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

Suck my dick, you cock gobbling, sister screwing dick bag mother fucker.

Can we not resort to name calling, please?

What is incorrect with Putin stating the formation of troops is just an exercise?

The entire existence of NATO is the provocation of Russia. Without a provoked Russia there is no need for NATO and NATO is big business for bankrupting American taxpayers. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Hundo P.

We are dumb as fuck.

Who the fuck is "we?"