Check your account email address ×

Nikki Haley Seemingly Forgets Slavery When Asked to Name Cause of Civil War

What a fuckin dolt…

Nikki Haley Seemingly Forgets Slavery When Asked to Name Cause of Civil War

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley steadfastly avoided bringing up slavery when asked during a New Hampshire town hall Wednesday what caused the Civil War—and when confronted by a voter who felt her omission was “astonishing,” she was puzzled by his concerns.

After an audience member asked her the question, Haley responded sarcastically—“Well don’t come with an easy question or anything”—as if there was no doubt that she would provide an adequate response.

But that would not be the case for the former governor of South Carolina—the first state to secede from the Union in the lead-up to the Civil War, and home to the site of the war’s first armed engagement.

“I mean, I think the cause of the Civil War was basically how government was going to run—the freedoms and what people could and couldn't do,” said Haley, who then asked the questioner what he believed the cause of the war to been.

“I’m not running for president,” the man replied. “I wanted to see your view on the cause of the Civil War.”

Haley then basically reiterated her prior answer, saying, “I think it always comes down to the role of government.”

Moments later, the individual in the audience reacted with dismay by Haley’s comments.

But that remark apparently said it all. “You’ve answered my question,” the man responded.

Haley then moved on, saying, “Next question.”

Yet the man whose job she’s gunning for apparently didn’t want to move on Wednesday night. 

President Joe Biden called attention to Haley’s comments by posting four simple words…..

“It was about slavery,” he wrote on X, formerly Twitter, just hours after Haley’s gaffe.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nikki-haley-seemingly-forgets-slavery-when-asked-to-name-cause-of-civil-war

• Gold Member

The Civil War wasn't only about slavery . 

Boomers love to think all the people in the North weren't just as racist as the South.  :lol:

Poor MC , I thought ur family was In NH for centuries? :lol: 

African slaves were noted in New Hampshire by 1645. They concentrated in the area around Portsmouth. Furthermore, as one of the few colonies that did not impose a tariff on slaves, New Hampshire became a base for slaves to be imported into America then smuggled into other colonies.

• Gold Member

The Civil War grew out of longstanding tensions and disagreements about American life and politics. For more than 80 years, people in the Northern and Southern states had been debating the issues that ultimately led to war: economic policies and practices, cultural values, the extent and reach of the Federal government, and, most importantly, the role of slavery within American society.

Against the backdrop of these larger issues, individual soldiers had their own reasons for fighting. Their motivations often included a complex mix of personal, social, economic and political values that didn't necessarily match the aims expressed by their respective governments.

:read:

• Gold Member

https://www.history.com/news/slavery-new-england-rhode-island

:news:

Some northern states passed bans on slavery in the late 18th century, but many white people continued to keep Black people illegally enslaved in those states. In states like Rhode Island, which banned slavery in 1843, slavery continued until just before the Civil War. Others like New Hampshire and New Jersey never banned slavery. There, slavery only became illegal with the ratification of the 13th Amendment in 1865.

She's a stupid twat.

To not mention slavery isn't an oversight, it's %100 deliberate.

Pander to her base, while alienating others.

No different than calling illegals "migrants or asylum seekers". 

Politics is a rigged, dirty game.

One must be willing to roll in the mud with the other pigs

48 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

To not mention slavery isn't an oversight, it's %100 deliberate.

No different than calling illegals "migrants or asylum seekers". 

Politics is a rigged, dirty game.

Yep, why the fuck would anyone ask a question as vague as that.....BAIT.  She was correct to skirt around the answer.

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Speaking of dummies….where’s the morning chain mail :lol: 

BTW:

Haley was governor of South Carolina, she calls it home. South Carolina was first state to secede from the Union, and was one of the founding member states of the Confederacy, and stated at time of secession that slavery was the reason.  Her answer shows she is as bad as Trump.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Speaking of dummies….where’s the morning chain mail :lol: 

BTW:

Haley was governor of South Carolina, she calls it home. South Carolina was first state to secede from the Union, and was one of the founding member states of the Confederacy, and stated at time of secession that slavery was the reason.  Her answer shows she is as bad as Trump.

Is this the equivalent of asking you how to change a fuse?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, EvilBird said:

The Civil War wasn't only about slavery . 

Boomers love to think all the people in the North weren't just as racist as the South.  :lol:

Poor MC , I thought ur family was In NH for centuries? :lol: 

African slaves were noted in New Hampshire by 1645. They concentrated in the area around Portsmouth. Furthermore, as one of the few colonies that did not impose a tariff on slaves, New Hampshire became a base for slaves to be imported into America then smuggled into other colonies.

Tell me what I don’t know dumb fuck.

My family was Irish and most were white slaves.

Nice try junior.

Shes a dumb fuck just admit it and move along.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Nice try junior.

Trump is gonna crush her I could give two shits about her. 

But civil war was about more than slavery period. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Those Dem run southern states didn’t want to give up their slaves

Are those the same Dems who take down confederate statues and rename confederate bases that Repugs oppose…

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

they were "white irish slaves" 

ya BS. 

:lol:

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Are those the same Dems who take down confederate statues and rename confederate bases that Repugs oppose…

idiots changing history. thats your party. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Nice try junior.

Do you think they will give you an "REPARATIONS" like california?

• Haha 2

• Gold Member
Just now, SnowRider said:

Speaking of changing history…..Repugs wanting to alter curriculum to teach how slavery was beneficial to blacks….

Where ? 

The school system has long been captured with Liberal Propaganda and thats not changing dipshit. 

We were beat into out heads about slavery and its the same today .