Check your account email address ×

Commercial Of The Year

Not much of a "commercial"? 

Doesn't even name, insinuate or reference any product or service?

When they're not selling you a product, you are the product.

Lump those types of "ads" in PR and propaganda.

That right there is some grade A propaganda though.

Edited by Voodoo

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Not much of a "commercial"? 

Doesn't even name, insinuate or reference any product or service?

When they're not selling you a product, you are the product.

Lump those types of "ads" in PR and propaganda.

That right there is some grade A propaganda though.

Thanks for the analysis and  bloviation.👊🏻
Too bad you are hung up on the word “commercial” and not understanding the message…must be a Canadian thing.🤔

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Thanks for the analysis and  bloviation.👊🏻
Too bad you are hung up on the word “commercial” and not understanding the message…must be a Canadian thing.🤔

Well tuned to propaganda.

It's non stop up here, and down your way. I listen to a fair bit of talk radio from both sides of the border. Mostly right leaning and some heavily left.

I get the message, and agree with it.

I just like to call out propaganda, no matter where it comes from.

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

When the pendulum swings the other way :hdchr:

See "Bud Light", but that is extremely rare.

2 hours ago, Voodoo said:

It's non stop up here, and down your way. I listen to a fair bit of talk radio from both sides of the border. Mostly right leaning and some heavily left.

As you are experiencing , it's only allowed one way :thumbsup:

Typical response on here.

1 hour ago, Rod said:

Isn’t kelloggs telling kids they’re all gay now too or something 

It is "froot loops", after all

Not sure you can call them fruit's anymore without getting cancelled.

There is just so much of this nonsense. There is an ad that runs on one of the stations I listen to that offers up a guy in Paris, trying to find a restaurant.

It then morphs into a PSA to return to regular life by getting vaccinated.

I want to reach through my device and choke the living shit out of whoever came up with this. 

No, fuckers, life was normal before you cunts locked down and went covid cockoo.

There are so many examples of this type of social engineering and PR  bs, but it especially infuriates me when its done by government.

Edited by Voodoo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Its not propaganda when its the truth. 

5 minutes ago, HSR said:

Is it a commercial?

I get your point but did someone pay for it to be on TV?  The definition of media commercial is pretty broad.

Just now, Highmark said:

I get your point but did someone pay for it to be on TV?  The definition of media commercial is pretty broad.

Like the Covid vaccine PSA?

it’s the truth too.

Just not for the right reasons 

I reserve commercial designation for a company selling you something, not pissing in your ear and telling you it’s raining.

Like the Covid vaccine PSA?

it’s the truth too.

Just not for the right reasons 

I reserve commercial designation for a company selling you something, not pissing in your ear and telling you it’s raining.

I won't even get into the COVID vaccine PSA's and whether they were "truthful."  

Keep in mind typically "PSA's" are broadcast for free.  If you pay to get a message out its more of a commercial advertising a stance.  

What qualifies as a public service announcement?
Public Service Announcements, or PSAs, are short messages on radio, television, and/or social media that are disseminated for free in order to raise awareness of, and change public attitudes and behaviors towards a social issue.
Edited by Highmark

24 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I won't even get into the COVID vaccine PSA's and whether they were "truthful."  

Keep in mind typically "PSA's" are broadcast for free.  If you pay to get a message out its more of a commercial advertising a stance.  

What qualifies as a public service announcement?
Public Service Announcements, or PSAs, are short messages on radio, television, and/or social media that are disseminated for free in order to raise awareness of, and change public attitudes and behaviors towards a social issue.

change public attitudes and behaviors towards a social issue.

That’s propaganda IMO.

Don't care what the message is, I prefer to think for myself.

if I took the government line to heart I’d be driving a Tesla while eating a beyond meat burger on my way to the library to listen to drag time story hour.

I really hope to tune it all out come the new year 

Edited by Voodoo
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Highmark said:

That is not the definition of a commercial, not even close. You're trying to stretch things here to suit your position.

This is pure propoganda BS and to try and pass it off as some sort of "commercial of the year" is just an attention seeking title to spread said BS.

Not buying into this shit at all.

11 minutes ago, HSR said:

That is not the definition of a commercial, not even close. You're trying to stretch things here to suit your position.

This is pure propoganda BS and to try and pass it off as some sort of "commercial of the year" is just an attention seeking title to spread said BS.

Not buying into this shit at all.

I'm not trying to stretch anything.   My position is if you pay for airtime you are advertising a certain position.   No different than a candidate paying for an ad.  Is a political ad a commercial or advertisement?   

18 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

change public attitudes and behaviors towards a social issue.

That’s propaganda IMO.

Don't care what the message is, I prefer to think for myself.

if I took the government line to heart I’d be driving a Tesla while eating a beyond meat burger on my way to the library to listen to drag time story hour.

I really hope to tune it all out come the new year 

Same could be said about any commercial advertisement.   "I don't want to see Apple commercials I'll decide on my own what to buy." 

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Same could be said about any commercial advertisement.   "I don't want to see Apple commercials I'll decide on my own what to buy." 

True, but some of it is far more subversive IMO.

It's the underlying message. I'm a bad person for not wanting an 8th jab. Eating meat is killing the planet. I'm evil for thinking a dude with a pecker can't swim with real women. Usually without accreditation. 

Apple at least puts there logo in the ads and the Church of latter Day Saints steps up for their beliefs.

Edited by Voodoo

It's the underlying message. I'm a bad person for not wanting an 8th jab. Eating meat is killing the planet. I'm evil for thinking a dude with a pecker can't swim with real women.

Apple at least puts there logo in the ads.

Its state propaganda.  

It's the underlying message. I'm a bad person for not wanting an 8th jab. Eating meat is killing the planet. I'm evil for thinking a dude with a pecker can't swim with real women.

Apple at least puts there logo in the ads.

I agree but I'm simply saying if its paid for its an advertisement or commercial no matter the subject matter.