Check your account email address ×

Better than Christmas

f7ben

15 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Sucks to say but seems you really cant get shit done right nowadays. Every-time I pay someone I am disappointed with the work. 

I just wrote a fat check for a deposit on all new boat canvas.  It better come out good for what it cost.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Slept on it and I can’t be quiet about the poor work. I don’t expect him to do anything about it but I’m not happy. Just sent him this message….

Hey man , I'm not going to go into the quality of the work you did on my table. It's pointless. I already took table apart and started pulling the felt last night. Between you cutting one of the end rails so short that the edge is exposed in the pocket and the giant glue stain in the middle of another corner pocket I have to replace this felt entirely. It is not reusable. I didn't have time for this and that's why I hired you. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. 

That sucks! The guy that's doing the install for me is supposed to be good and from what I've heard he better be. I know what to look for when he's doing the assembly/cloth stretching etc and I'll be watching him from the getgo. 

• Gold Member
26 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I just wrote a fat check for a deposit on all new boat canvas.  It better come out good for what it cost.

I need a new cover for my boat. Got some prices and almost fell out my chair. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Would have been better to give him a chance to fix it.  Sad that happened though.  :(

He says we can stretch the cloth enough to cover the glue stain. Said it needs to relax on the table for a week or so. He offered to recover the rails again and apologized for glue mess. I told him I’d redo the rails myself. I don’t think he quite grasps how poor of a job he did on the rails. Granted this is not an easy recover. Either way I’ll do it myself and if I don’t need to recover the bed I’ll be happy. 

10 hours ago, Rod said:

Lol

i could beat a lot of people but the odd time you’d run into a guy that could clear the table without missing a shot 

I could run 2 out of 10 at my best. 3 on a good day. Just too many other games where it’s hard to get past those last 2-3 balls on the first run. 

I had alot of fun shooting when I lived back home in a small town. Could drink as much as I wanted and drive home at 10 mph with one eye open. :lol:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Would have been better to give him a chance to fix it.  Sad that happened though.  :(

Agreed, to have the opportunity to make it right is the right move. It allows a tradesmen to be proud of his work. If he says pound sand you are in the same place.