Check your account email address ×

Trail Marking

7 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Looks like fun!  I enjoy being out there signing, or pulling as long as it’s not a mud fest.

I don't mind going out signing, we are short handed so we all have sections we do usually by ourselves, most of us have our own SxSs the section I do I was part of the original club who developed 23 years ago, so I got some skin in the game here, just wish we had more help

• Like 2

• Gold Member

@Bontz don't know if your county falls into it or not but this weekend is the bonus CWD deer season.  My signing is done but I didn't get out to cut that tree yesterday but I am going to wait until next week now.  Don't want to piss off any hunters...  Lord knows I have had enough re-routes because of them damn white tales....  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

I don't mind going out signing, we are short handed so we all have sections we do usually by ourselves, most of us have our own SxSs the section I do I was part of the original club who developed 23 years ago, so I got some skin in the game here, just wish we had more help

About the same with us.  Some of us take care of our own section which works out good.  You can mark when you want and when it's dry and not muddy.  We also then have an official marking day to fill in the trails and the club sponsors pizzas and adult beverages at the end of the day.

4 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

I pack a lunch and a six pack:guzzle:

19 hours ago, poopooforme said:

@Bontz don't know if your county falls into it or not but this weekend is the bonus CWD deer season.  My signing is done but I didn't get out to cut that tree yesterday but I am going to wait until next week now.  Don't want to piss off any hunters...  Lord knows I have had enough re-routes because of them damn white tales....  

I hear ya on the not wanting to piss off any hunters or land owners ... not good!  Thankfully Zone 342 doesn't fall within our club's trails, so we wouldn't have impacted anyone doing the CWD hunt.

We ran out of daylight yesterday, and got about 3/4 of our trails GPS'd, including a couple of our re-routes.  Other than the chisel plow, it was actually kinda fun to get a chance and see the trails from a SxS perspective (and fix some signage).  I also "inherited" the Trail Manager role for our club and updating Ride Command, so I hope I don't F up anything with a couple of our those reroutes :hdchr:

Mother Nature can start cooperating any time now ... a couple of the fields we go through were GREEN yesterday.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Out checking the beaver damn, yup, there’s at least one more still out there…

And then I found someone is taking and breaking signs!!  >:(

D19E3CE7-C551-4153-B581-DE3A59E18D58.jpeg

F2B9A228-559F-426F-AD24-2A7C5590BF69.jpeg

That sucks.  Couple years ago someone stole a number of signs.

What's that white stuff??!?! :dunno:

Gotta keep telling myself, TOMORROW is the first official day of winter and we rarely have snow/good conditions this time of year anyway.  But man, seeing 40F+ temps remaining in the forecast here is getting painful.  Heck, I saw one of the resorts up north putting out a post earlier telling people to still plan on coming up over the holidays, and suggested they bring their SxS's as there's still riding that can be done if snowmobiles can't.

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Gotta keep telling myself, TOMORROW is the first official day of winter and we rarely have snow/good conditions this time of year anyway.  But man, seeing 40F+ temps remaining in the forecast here is getting painful.  Heck, I saw one of the resorts up north putting out a post earlier telling people to still plan on coming up over the holidays, and suggested they bring their SxS's as there's still riding that can be done if snowmobiles can't.

And I'm sure there will be some that do.  Painful indeed.  A lot of frustrated guys at the party last night, yet we all know there isn't shit we can do about it.  It's been a good run for the last 10 years, that's for sure... 

• Like 1

Just now, Bontz said:

going to be in the 40's the rest of the week, really need to plow but just put plow on wheeler and wanted to make sure I had everything good on it before the shit hit the fan

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Doug said:

This weather is getting depressing.  Did some needed brushing today so we don't clip off a mirror or light.  48 deg.

20231221_133138.jpg

Yep, not good. Possibly .75" rain on Christmas eve too. We'd be sitting good if it had been cold enough these rains were snow.

9 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

And with that I am fucking done

20231226_133913.jpg

Look on the bright side .... at least the posts should have pounded in easily!!  Good to be done with it though (and thank you!) :thumb:

On a side note, I hope nobody tries to go to the right of that stop sign when the snow covers up that big ass rock.  Yikes!

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Look on the bright side .... at least the posts should have pounded in easily!!  Good to be done with it though (and thank you!) :thumb:

On a side note, I hope nobody tries to go to the right of that stop sign when the snow covers up that big ass rock.  Yikes!

Nobody would do that.  Still remember the phone call from this land owner.  He was not happy.

Off trail.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

That's why it's marked, been the same through there for 25 years no one has whacked it yet....knock on wood

• Like 1