Check your account email address ×

Don’t Bring Scissors To A Gunfight

Just now, DriftBusta said:

We have a lot of inner cities around the country that have decayed into shitholes thanks to the culture and shitty politicians.  I can avoid the culture and the shitty neighborhoods no problem, the shitty politicians are getting much harder to avoid.

So would you say that this is typical behaviour in those areas? Or is this kinda thing rare?

44 minutes ago, HSR said:

So would you say that this is typical behaviour in those areas? Or is this kinda thing rare?

It doesn't matter what I say, but I would say its worse than it should be, and that the culture has degraded in certain sectors of the country.  It sucks, i'm for stronger policing and stricter penalties, but we've been getting the opposite from our politicians.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

It doesn't matter what I say, but I would say its worse than it should be, and that the culture has degraded in certain sectors of the country.  It sucks, i'm for stronger policing and stricter penalties, but we've been getting the opposite from our politicians.

Since I asked the question in this case it does. Why not just answer? 

I'm not willing to getting into discussing US gun laws. Some get very upset by my opinion. Thanks for the invite though :thumbsup:

Now what say you?

3 hours ago, HSR said:

Thread title is a little misleading, there was no fight. What's really sad is some accepting this as typical behaviour in the US.

What exactly goes through someone’s head, when they shoot someone, multiple times, without warning, when it was  not a life or death threat?

All my training was premised on you only use lethal force after you are absolutely sure that’s warranted, and you’ve exhausted all other options, and you will be called to account for your actions.

These cats just ramp it up to murder death kill  for nothing.

I don’t like shooting anything, but I’m good at it and well armed.

Neighbours had a sheep with a disease that needed to be “put down”.

Someone hit a deer with their car, in front of my place, 

Wife tracked it down and I put it out of it’s misery with a 12 gauge slug.

Did the local copper a solid. He’d have had to do paperwork for hours and I don’t think he was up to it regardless.

Some shit needs to be shot.

Again, I am your huckleberry.

Edited by Voodoo

44 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Neighbours had a sheep with a disease that needed to be “put down”.

Been there,my sister's old horse was sick,everyone looked at me. Done,hate seeing animals suffer.THEN.

About a year later I wake up after 3 hours sleep after night shift and wife says lady down the highway called, horse hurt,may need to be put down. Now I'm getting mad that nobody woke me. Call there thinking must be taken care of,,,nope. Now I'm really getting mad,very bad broken front leg from gopher hole.So I load up and head over, husband meets me,walks me towards animal talking about walking him somewhere blah blah blah. At this point I'm seething angry after seeing it's front leg swinging around and the bone and not sure who I'm going to shoot first. He never finished talking , I dropped it in it's tracks and just turned and walked away. I still get a little agitated thinking about it.

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

Been there,my sister's old horse was sick,everyone looked at me. Done,hate seeing animals suffer.THEN.

About a year later I wake up after 3 hours sleep after night shift and wife says lady down the highway called, horse hurt,may need to be put down. Now I'm getting mad that nobody woke me. Call there thinking must be taken care of,,,nope. Now I'm really getting mad,very bad broken front leg from gopher hole.So I load up and head over, husband meets me,walks me towards animal talking about walking him somewhere blah blah blah. At this point I'm seething angry after seeing it's front leg swinging around and the bone and not sure who I'm going to shoot first. He never finished talking , I dropped it in it's tracks and just turned and walked away. I still get a little agitated thinking about it.

I was the guy with the guns. In the neighbourhood. 

Up to you to do the dirty deed.

Sucks dude, but you have to step up.

I sleep well knowing I did what was necessary.

15 minutes ago, HSR said:

I just wish I could have got there ASAP, could have slept fine afterwards then.

I might be lying on that..

Kid myself sometimes my actions don’t bother me, or lack there of.

Good that they do IMO. Keeps me sane.

if I actually added up all the piss poor things I’ve done,  I’m a piece of shit.

Then I add up the good..

I might be ok after all….

Edited by Voodoo

14 hours ago, HSR said:

Since I asked the question in this case it does. Why not just answer? 

I'm not willing to getting into discussing US gun laws. Some get very upset by my opinion. Thanks for the invite though :thumbsup:

Now what say you?

I did answer your question, I just qualified it.  So I'll repeat it.  It doesn't matter what I say.  Asking me if its rare is pointless unless you or I can provide statistics, including those that narrow in on the segments of society and areas of the country that its happening in.  Its surely rare where I live.  And I'm not willing to discuss our gun laws with you either.  I'm a responsible gun owner, and no one is taking them from me.  Thats all I care about.  The update to this story btw, is that the cops shot and killed the murderer after they tried to arrest him.  And it was a months long neighbor feud apparently.  3 less hoodrats causing problems.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

Well the stepson had the right idea and took a lunge at the shooter. He had no other choice....would have been shot in the back like the father.

Really wish he was successful in getting the gun away and/or using it on the perp.

Glad the POS was shot by the cops the following day......where are all the cop haters?   .....this should be 10 pages by now.  Cops shooting a Black man, only armed with a knife at the time..Ben you're slipping..........Motonoggin?....ACAB.  where has that loon been anyway?:lmao:

10 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Well the stepson had the right idea and took a lunge at the shooter. He had no other choice....would have been shot in the back like the father.

Really wish he was successful in getting the gun away and/or using it on the perp.

Glad the POS was shot by the cops the following day......where are all the cop haters?   .....this should be 10 pages by now.  Cops shooting a Black man, only armed with a knife at the time..Ben you're slipping..........Motonoggin?....ACAB.  where has that loon been anyway?:lmao:

He pops in next door occasionally.  His views have changed dramatically, not as communist as he used to be.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1