Check your account email address ×

is Kevin McCarthy screwed?

Crnr2Crnr

Between Gaetz, Trump's demands and a looming shutdown... the Republicans are a mess. 

then there's this ... :lolz:

Craig’s bill would block members of Congress from receiving their scheduled pay if the government shuts down and federal workers are furloughed. She is calling the legislation the My Constituents Cannot Afford Rebellious Tantrums, Handle Your Shutdown Act, or the MCCARTHY Shutdown Act for short. 

https://news.yahoo.com/democrat-taunts-gop-leader-bill-205115078.html

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Between Gaetz, Trump's demands and a looming shutdown... the Republicans are a mess. 

Craig’s bill would block members of Congress from receiving their scheduled pay if the government shuts down and federal workers are furloughed. She is calling the legislation the My Constituents Cannot Afford Rebellious Tantrums, Handle Your Shutdown Act, or the MCCARTHY Shutdown Act for short. 

https://news.yahoo.com/democrat-taunts-gop-leader-bill-205115078.html

Tump's demands.  :lol:  

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

You don't think Trump is behind the Biden impeachment bullshit?

Should they not go after Biden now knowing what they know the same thing way they are going after trump?

14 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

You don't think Trump is behind the Biden impeachment bullshit?

Would he need to be considering the evidence out there?  I think you guys give him too much credit when it comes to controlling the GOP in congress. 

You guys are a lot smarter than me, but shouldn’t the real outrage be that we can’t fund our own government and members of congress want to give money we don’t have to another country to fund them? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Dude read the article you posted.   Trump is mentioned once from 2018 debate on the budget.  :lol:  That is what I was referring to....the article you posted.   

which part of... 

are you struggling with?

1 hour ago, toslow said:

Should they not go after Biden now knowing what they know the same thing way they are going after trump?

Not if there's the supposed uni party.

59 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Of course he is.

No doubt in my mind whatsoever. He's already promising them positions in his administration if he wins.

55 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Would he need to be considering the evidence out there?  I think you guys give him too much credit when it comes to controlling the GOP in congress. 

Gop congress is a joke. Electing the speaker bullshit proved that even more.

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

The GOP is a disaster. It has been since the rise of trump. 

Now it's nothing but what could've been. They had the democrats right where they wanted them. 🙄 

All gone because Trump couldn't control his emotions.

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Now it's nothing but what could've been. They had the democrats right where they wanted them. 🙄 

All gone because Trump couldn't control his emotions.

The democrats are the same type of disaster. Extremists are tearing both parties to shreds. I really don’t care. But it is an interesting study in dysfunction and the political shills on both sides that defend it. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

The democrats are the same type of disaster. Extremists are tearing both parties to shreds. I really don’t care. But it is an interesting study in dysfunction and the political shills on both sides that defend it. 

True, but the democrats still stick together hell or high water. That's part of the reason I could never be a democrat. 

21 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

True, but the democrats still stick together hell or high water. That's part of the reason I could never be a democrat. 

and if the mango Mussolini is the nominee, what's your plan? 

IDK who the Libertarian candidate that doesn't stand a chance will be but I'm going to have to assume that person is going to be better than Biden or Trump.

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Those that don’t do as they’re told in trumpland are RINOS. The uni-mind of Donnie. 

While the RINO term has been employed in some form for more than 100 years, its meaning has shifted over time. In previous decades, a Republican risked getting tagged as a RINO for supporting tax increases, gun control or abortion rights. Today, in a reflection of the GOP’s murkier ideological grounding in the Trump era, it’s a term reserved almost exclusively for lack of fealty to Trump. 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/03/rino-just-means-disloyal-to-trump-now.html

what would Ronald Reagan be labeled as today?