Check your account email address ×

federal reserve day...

Crnr2Crnr

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

rates going to hold or will J Pow add another quarter or half a point to fight inflation?

imo, it'll be a hold.  

fed rates effects the economy far more than any potus does

Ur a faggot ass retard. That’s the only rate I’d bet on. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

rates going to hold or will J Pow add another quarter or half a point to fight inflation?

imo, it'll be a hold.  

fed rates effects the economy far more than any potus does

Do you think the president has any effect on the the fed rates??  That was a dumb comment!

Reading 60% chance hold 40% raise another 1/4 point.  Possible cut end of last quarter, and as much as a full point over the next year.  Stock up on those 5.45% CDs while they got 'em.  And the POTUS isn't exactly giving confidence in the economy, something we had under Trump.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dsupercat said:

Do you think the president has any effect on the the fed rates??  That was a dumb comment!

how does the potus effect the fed rates?   :snack:

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Reading 60% chance hold 40% raise another 1/4 point.  Possible cut end of last quarter, and as much as a full point over the next year.  Stock up on those 5.45% CDs while they got 'em.  And the POTUS isn't exactly giving confidence in the economy, something we had under Trump.

similar.  I have some short term CD's (10-13mo) coming to term in the next few months and have more to roll in to the next set.  not concerned about a quarter point here or there so I might hold off until after the holidays.  looking at the massive amount of debt people wracked up during and after covid gives me less confidence in the economy than anything Trump or Biden has done.  chickens coming home to roost phase atm with record high personal debt.  the days of easy $ for Wall St. have been reigned in from the days of uber low rates yet the markets have been oddly and stubbornly resilient.    

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

A worldwide pandemic will have just a little effect on consumer confidence.

21 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

how does the potus effect the fed rates?   :snack:

similar.  I have some short term CD's (10-13mo) coming to term in the next few months and have more to roll in to the next set.  not concerned about a quarter point here or there so I might hold off until after the holidays.  looking at the massive amount of debt people wracked up during and after covid gives me less confidence in the economy than anything Trump or Biden has done.  chickens coming home to roost phase atm with record high personal debt.  the days of easy $ for Wall St. have been reigned in from the days of uber low rates yet the markets have been oddly and stubbornly resilient.    

The Fed raises rates to slow inflation and inflation is fueled by excessive govt. spending by the insane Bidumb admin. and his band of radicals. :snack:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

The Fed raises rates to slow inflation and inflation is fueled by excessive govt. spending by the insane Bidumb admin. and his band of radicals. :snack:

Trumps spending got the ball rolling big time along with his tax cuts and the insane rate cuts at the time 

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Then Bidumb and his flunkies strolled in and said......"that's child's play, watch this".

Except they haven’t spent nearly like Trump , the FED has u wound the balance sheet on their watch and raised rates instead of cutting. Trump was a full blown fucking disaster. There’s no denying the inflation is his to own. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Except they haven’t spent nearly like Trump , the FED has u wound the balance sheet on their watch and raised rates instead of cutting. Trump was a full blown fucking disaster. There’s no denying the inflation is his to own. 

Trump had to deal with the plandemic there sunshine.:snack: Biden is a full blown fucking disaster and America is taking it right in the ass as we speak.

Despite campaigning as a moderate, President Biden has dramatically accelerated federal spending during his time in office. He has now spent more in his first two years than President Trump did during his last two years at the height of the pandemic. 

Official estimates from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) show that, since January 2021, legislation signed by President Biden has set in motion a record $3.37 trillion in new spending, surpassing Trump's previous record of $3.28 trillion during the 116th Congress.

5 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Trump had to deal with the plandemic there sunshine.:snack: Biden is a full blown fucking disaster and America is taking it right in the ass as we speak.

Despite campaigning as a moderate, President Biden has dramatically accelerated federal spending during his time in office. He has now spent more in his first two years than President Trump did during his last two years at the height of the pandemic. 

Official estimates from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) show that, since January 2021, legislation signed by President Biden has set in motion a record $3.37 trillion in new spending, surpassing Trump's previous record of $3.28 trillion during the 116th Congress.

Trump didn’t have to do anything , he loved spending the money. He bragged about it and wanted to spend twice what congress let him. He was a big spender before the plandemic as well and his tax cuts and rate cuts only exacerbated it 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Trump didn’t have to do anything , he loved spending the money. He bragged about it and wanted to spend twice what congress let him. He was a big spender before the plandemic as well and his tax cuts and rate cuts only exacerbated it 

as much as I hated 'liking' your posts... Snoughwitted has no grasp on economics of scale outside his personal and political perspectives. 

ok, now back to go kill yourself 

49 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Because it effects consumer confidence…..unless you can explain how it doesn’t.

what's less inspiring to people that want to finance and buy shit they can't afford... near zero percent interest rates or 5% ? 

all the pandemic and pandemic spending did was create a gold rush of inflation... to save 'the economy'.   f'ng brilliant, and economists were warning of it the moment the first Big Grift was announced.

this shit lies squarely at the feet of democrats and republicans alike.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

as much as I hated 'liking' your posts... Snoughwitted has no grasp on economics of scale outside his personal and political perspectives. 

ok, now back to go kill yourself 

I don’t view things through a partisan lense , I hate everyone. That makes it easy to assign blame properly 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I don’t view things through a partisan lense , I hate everyone. That makes it easy to assign blame properly 

I don't enjoy agreeing with you but... lots of blame to go around for where we're at currently.   I get super annoyed with people who believe POTUS controls the majority of economic matters and gas prices.  f'ng Congress does far more damage.  this looming shutdown should be fun. 

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

The steaming pile of shit Dem. radicals have a far greater impact on consumer confidence.

Funny Joe Biden we expect the economy to get better in about 4 years when  Trump comes back shirt, hoodie, sweater, long sleeve and tank top

Yeah let’s throw 2 trillion in tax cuts to Corporate America and watch them buy back their stocks and give their CEO’s millions in bonuses..

Hows that working out?

That worked out well. 

• Advertising Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

He got the ball rolling no doubt.  The lack of a reaction by the fed (about 12 months late on rate increases because of supposed transitory inflation) is what has us real fucked.  All they had to do was realize that this inflation was real...and we needed to bump rates....but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lets keep money dirt cheap.

:bc: