Check your account email address ×

****Fall Photo Tread****

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, ckf said:

I was out again this afternoon and was surprised at how much color is hanging on in places.

@Shifty how are they hanging on near you?

received_705311528129107.jpegreceived_915121196803637.jpeg

Nice pictures. How high is your drone flying usually?

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Thanks! It all depends on the shot. Most are probably 200 -300 feet above ground level.

That first one there actually makes me dizzy. I'm not crazy about heights and that picture really gives you a feeling of being up high.

:lol:

:bc:

6 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

That first one there actually makes me dizzy. I'm not crazy about heights and that picture really gives you a feeling of being up high.

The mountain goes pretty much straight up from the lake. I was probably 300-400 feet up for that one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

NH Fall Foliage - Social media vs reality.   :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/reel/847181780317486?mibextid=9drbnH

Oh wow, that's pretty crowded! Maybe a couple low high speed passes with the drone will thin the crowd!

21 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Oh wow, that's pretty crowded! Maybe a couple low high speed passes with the drone will thin the crowd!

Do you know where you can get your hands on some of those tiny bombs that the Ukraine is using on their DJI drones :lol:

It really has gotten crazy, especially in the White Mountains of NH. It seemed to really ramp up during Covid. Trailheads for the hiking trails started to overflow with tourists. We had to go down through the White's a few weeks ago for an appointment and I was discusted with the traffic in Crawford Notch. And that was on a weekday. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

seemed like a good day to burn shit, drink a few beers and make some hot coals for dinner... 

IMG_20231015_133238175_HDR.jpg

20231015_124805.jpg

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, ckf said:

NH Fall Foliage - Social media vs reality.   :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/reel/847181780317486?mibextid=9drbnH

Franconia notch state park is out of control. Been that way for a few years now.  Happened quickly too. Was always just the sleepy state park way up north. Now its no parking, standing room only on the weekends. 

12 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Franconia notch state park is out of control. Been that way for a few years now.  Happened quickly too. Was always just the sleepy state park way up north. Now its no parking, standing room only on the weekends. 

About the only part of NH that doesn't seem to get over run by tourists is the western parts south of you. A buddy of mine spent some time over in the Wentworth area last week on his dual spot bike and said that it was still fairly quiet over there.

I'm far enough north that it's fairly quiet compared to the White's. About the only busy spot here in the fall is lake Willoughby. But even at Willoughby on the weekend during peak colors I have always been able to find a parking spot without any issues.

Here is a pic from Saturday afternoon and I am the only one parked in this area beside the lake.

received_915121196803637.jpeg

• Like 4