Check your account email address ×

God’s advice on cremation vs burial.

spin_dry

• spin_dry changed the title to God’s advice on cremation vs burial.
  • Platinum Contributing Member

I'd like to see those verses in the Bible that say cremation is wrong.

I've never heard that before at all.

I could care less what happens to my body after I'm dead and I do plan on getting cremated. The soul has left the body..... Throw me on the road and let the maggots eat me for all I care.   Kind of like a Russian soldier.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I'd like to see those verses in the Bible that say cremation is wrong.

Why would you care what a book that has stories from a variety of different religions says about cremation? In particular when all of them are poorly translated and written by humans...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Why would you care what a book that has stories from a variety of different religions says about cremation? In particular when all of them are poorly translated and written by humans...

Again....point to one verse that says cremation is wrong.... I don't think there are any.  Variety of religions :lol:

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Why would I care?

Yes, variety go read some history on the book.  Sad you haven't obviously.

You don't have to care .....You're lost.

But I'd like to see verses, I don't believe there are any stating cremation is wrong... have many relatives deeply religious that are devout to the Bible who have been cremated.

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I'm not angry, lol.  I find your idiocy more than amusing.  Always a victim you are.  So pathetic.

Yes thats me.  Angry, insecure.  Sure.  But you're not angry.  Not sure whats eating at you, but its your deal to deal with, not mine.  :lol: 

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

And again, regardless why would you care.  It's not relevant to anything whether there is a verse or not.  

It could perhaps change my mind about cremation. Wife is totally against it and won't be cremated but I plan on it.

No verses forbidding eating meat during lent, yet many follow this practice. I will eat a big cheeseburger on Fridays...but I'm not Catholic either.    But no verses in Bible stating as such

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

7 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Again....point to one verse that says cremation is wrong.... I don't think there are any.  Variety of religions :lol:

You read his first sentence ….read it again. Never mind the question mark he put, just read it and comprehend it the best you can :snack:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

You read his first sentence ….read it again. Never mind the question mark he put, just read it and comprehend it the best you can :snack:

Well, it's just my belief this is the word of God.    Yes told by men. But inspired by Christ.   You believe what you want.    My beliefs work very well for me.    If there are actual verses condemning cremation, then I would like to read them.  Seems no one can provide these said verses.....I do not think there are.....Robertson is full of shit is what I believe.

9 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Well, it's just my belief this is the word of God.    Yes told by men. But inspired by Christ.   You believe what you want.    My beliefs work very well for me.    If there are actual verses condemning cremation, then I would like to read them.  Seems no one can provide these said verses.....I do not think there are.....Robertson is full of shit is what I believe.

First bold....I don't care nearly enough to research it. Seems like no one else so far does either besides you. Try Google.com

Second bold......He's one of your people....not very Christian like of you

Yup Robertson IS full of shit. Ain't one of MY people when he is falsely stating something.

And as I thought....there are no literal verses in Bible forbidding cremation....FREEDOM BABY ! .....carry on.     I will be burned crisper than a roasted marshmallow

Screenshot_20230915_080030_Chrome.jpg

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

10 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

It could perhaps change my mind about cremation. Wife is totally against it and won't be cremated but I plan on it.

My dad donated his body to the UConn school of medicine when he died.  Mom was going to as well, but has since changed her mind.  I'll go the cremation route myself.  They bought grave sites in northern Maine where they're from, and a head stone.  We all live 9 hours away and it seems pointless to do that to me this stage..