Check your account email address ×

****Official Jimmy Snacks Racing 2023 Nascar Extravaganza Thread****

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Larson, Chastain, Elliot

21 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Geez no points for my fantasy picks :thumbdown2:

Larson and Elliot had good finishes…no points for that?

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Larson and Elliot had good finishes…no points for that?

At least Truex let me down in the opening laps. The other 2 did OK.

I have a feeling Hocevar will be in the 31  next year.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ckf said:

He should be….good driver with some personality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Or you'll see him in the #8 Xfinity.  He's already doing simulator work for Hendrick.

Edited by Doug
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Doug said:

Or you'll see him in the #8 Xfinity.  He's already doing simulator work for Hendrick.

One of the broadcaster's said yesterday that he may skip the Xfinity series and go straight to cup. They usually have an inside line on this stuff.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ckf said:

One of the broadcaster's said yesterday that he may skip the Xfinity series and go straight to cup. They usually have an inside line on this stuff.

He should because it’s clear he can drive a Next Gen Car and going to Xfinity with the old cars would be a waste IMO.

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He should because it’s clear he can drive a Next Gen Car and going to Xfinity with the old cars would be a waste IMO.

Agreed. The only advantage to the Xfinity would be to get seat time at tracks that hasn't had a lot of experience at.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Agreed. The only advantage to the Xfinity would be to get seat time at tracks that hasn't had a lot of experience at.

He should go right to the broadcast booth. Best longevity there.

Little Hitler was a no show last weekend but his boss was there.  He had a closed door session with our boss basically getting more details on what's going on with a lot of head shakes and taking notes.  He meet with the group after we had everything broke down and put away.  Thanked us for a good safe year and hoping our whole team comes back next year and that they have some internal things to work on.  Right now 4 members of just our team are not coming back.

Also told us that Chicago is going to be on the schedule.  Nascar was working on getting a race in Montreal but it looks like that won't happen at least for 2024 and with that falling through there may be some other changes but didn't go into detail.  A schedule should be out by the beginning of October.

Was mostly a fun year and we did make the best of it and had some good laughs.  The big boss did see the face on the garage door and asked what it was about.  He got told what it was about just shook his head and said he'll be working on that.    

20230908_111558.jpg.8ff04e7b2795e5b350430430de110bd4.jpg

Edited by Doug
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

Talking to some of the Nascar pit crew and they were talking about top level figure 8 races.  Said they were like the Nascar of figure 8.  They guys are serious about figure 8

https://youtu.be/MR5V4tXTG7Q?si=86GDXWElISC8rHFc

You want to see a bunch of people that really aren't right in the head, punch "banger racing" into the Youtubes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

You want to see a bunch of people that really aren't right in the head, punch "banger racing" into the Youtubes.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Kinda fishy.

Just means he completed all of Nascar sensitivity training.  Larson had completed his sensitivity but it took almost the complete season before he signed with Hendrick.  Think Hendrick also added some requirements.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think that it is just completing a course in order to be reinstated.

I don't see him being behind the wheel in Nascar this year.

1 minute ago, Doug said:

Just means he completed all of Nascar sensitivity training.  Larson had completed his sensitivity but it took almost the complete season before he signed with Hendrick.  Think Hendrick also added some requirements.

Ah OK. I thought it seemed very convenient him getting suspended and Legacy wanting him gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Ah OK. I thought it seemed very convenient him getting suspended and Legacy wanting him gone.

Read where Jimmy Johnson and his family have moved to the UK and have their kids enrolled in school there.  Said after the tragedy with his in-laws/family they need some time to regroup.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's going to be Hemric from what I read somewhere. Hocevar is rumored to be going to the 77 Spire car.

Sorry to say but neither Dillon seems to be Cup level drivers.

Childress is a proud grandfather but he needs to put on his business hat and evaluate the #3 team.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Doug said:

Sorry to say but neither Dillon seems to be Cup level drivers.

Childress is a proud grandfather but he needs to put on his business hat and evaluate the #3 team.

Agreed. But we both know that probably isn't going to happen as long as a sponsor is willing to sign with the team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

It's going to be Hemric from what I read somewhere. Hocevar is rumored to be going to the 77 Spire car.

I’ve read that as well but it’s also rumored that Dinger wants out of the Cup grind now that he has a newborn at home so his ride might be open as well.

• Like 1