Check your account email address ×

****Official Jimmy Snacks Racing 2023 Nascar Extravaganza Thread****

I do kinda miss doing the pool with you guys this year. But without Fox and FS1 I wasn't sure if I was going to even watch any of the first half of the season. I have found a YouTube channel that uploads the race the next morning. Not as good as having it on the DVR the same day, but ok as long as I don't see who won before I get a chance to watch it.

• Like 1

Surprising that they did have the teams put the windshield in with the wiper on.  They run them on the road courses.

For the rain tires if they run them too long on dryer pavement they will start to chunk out the tread.  They also don't have any stager so handling will be interesting.   

• Platinum Contributing Member
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Doug said:

Surprising that they did have the teams put the windshield in with the wiper on.  They run them on the road courses.

For the rain tires if they run them too long on dryer pavement they will start to chunk out the tread.  They also don't have any stager so handling will be interesting.   

So far so good.👌🏻

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

Huge waste of money and time. Dry the track and run slicks from the start.

7 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Huge waste of money and time. Dry the track and run slicks from the start.

😂😂

Shared pics before of this guys models he makes of some vintage local race cars.  His details are amazing even down to the letting and advertising.  Here's the latest car he built.

Screenshot_20240405_181704_Facebook.jpg

• Like 3

What happened on Twitter last night between Marcus Smith and Denny Hamlin?  I'm not on Twitter but Hamlin told Marcus he doesn't know anything about repaying a track and is wrecking everything his dad handed him.  Marcus was asking Denny why he doesn't have any championship rings.  Moody said it sounded like they were both drunk.

This not being able to pass bullshit needs to stop…no tire fall off again so it becomes a pit crew race…stupid.

• Like 2

Not the most interesting race but good for Byron. 

Here's his car the first year he ran cup at Chicagoland.

20180512_220657.jpg

20180512_220646.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ckf said:

I watched the race last night. Like Jim said...  

Tired Good Night GIF by MLB

IMO this new car is a horrible short track car and the only answer in the short term is to give them 900 HP.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

IMO this new car is a horrible short track car and the only answer in the short term is to give them 900 HP.

Agreed. Several drivers have been saying that for a while now. I've also read where the engine builders are saying that it's pretty easy to turn up the HP with this motor. Why not try something?  :dunno:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Agreed. Several drivers have been saying that for a while now. I've also read where the engine builders are saying that it's pretty easy to turn up the HP with this motor. Why not try something?  :dunno:

I heard the same thing and not sure why Nascar is so resistant to the idea.🤔

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I heard the same thing and not sure why Nascar is so resistant to the idea.🤔

Seems that they have tested everyother option except up the HP.  Yes why not test it.  Elton Sawyer said they are working with Goodyear on the tires to make the short track package better.

When Nascar says the 750 Hp package that's not necessarily what HP the engine is putting out.  It's basically a grocery list of components that make up the 750 HP package.  Engine builders can work within these components to slightly increase HP or move the power curve around.

Laughed last year before the Bristol dirt race they interviewed Johnathan Davenport who is a premier dirt late model driver.  Can't remember who was doing the interview but they mentioned that a dirt late model as being between 600 to 700 HP.  Davenport laughed and said no were around 900 HP.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Seems that they have tested everyother option except up the HP.  Yes why not test it.  Elton Sawyer said they are working with Goodyear on the tires to make the short track package better.

When Nascar says the 750 Hp package that's not necessarily what HP the engine is putting out.  It's basically a grocery list of components that make up the 750 HP package.  Engine builders can work within these components to slightly increase HP or move the power curve around.

Laughed last year before the Bristol dirt race they interviewed Johnathan Davenport who is a premier dirt late model driver.  Can't remember who was doing the interview but they mentioned that a dirt late model as being between 600 to 700 HP.  Davenport laughed and said no were around 900 HP.

Even one of my mod motors is over 700.  It is next to useless, but it looks nice.