Check your account email address ×

It was time

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Nice! I have a 2305 that I really like. Belly mower, vacuum assist, loader and front blower attachments.

I wantd to move up to the 200 series and was hoping I got to to choose when I was going to but it , but " life " chose the time instead. When I move if new place has a lot of work I will sell this one and do it.

• Like 1

I wish i could rationalize the upgrade, but my X730 has been a workhorse.  Just wished I bought the 4wd version, as my driveway is too steep to mount a snowblower.  Nice tractor Steve.  I'm curious why your friend told you not to put any $ into it.  I know parts are ridiculously expensive, they are for my machine too.

How big of rocks will something like that move?.... My new place that I will be moving into when I retire has quite a few big boulders on the property And I want to make some more trails throughout my property for my UTV, would like to be able to clear out some of these. 

I'm thinking about just renting a real big bulldozer for the job But something like what you have may come in handy for other jobs as well.

26 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Rent a skid steer.  So much faster.  Crazy what you can get done with one.

Just looked that up... That's actually not a bad idea. Might be ideal for my application.  Going to need something that can handle some rugged terrain too... Looks like they have both wheeled and track versions.  Will definitely consider when the time comes.  Listing other house next week, so the time maybe soon.

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

So when I bought this house I bought a John deere 1023 , was a good machine but after 12 yrs of doing everything from digging a sandpit so I could build a driveway to dragging out and hauling 50 or so cord of wood it was tired.

$ wheel drive stopped working a yr or so ago. Friend of mine who is a JD wrench told me " whatever you do , do not put any money into this machine"

So 2 fridays ago the spindle on the axle snapped. I had been looking , had a search going on on Machinary pete since the spring.

The day it snapped I found this 1025 right outside of Concord NH. its a 2022 with 180 hrs on it.

Nice machine.

1025.jpg

That should serve you well. I took it's grandfather out to pick sweet corn this morning. 🤣

20230901_085938.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

So when I bought this house I bought a John deere 1023 , was a good machine but after 12 yrs of doing everything from digging a sandpit so I could build a driveway to dragging out and hauling 50 or so cord of wood it was tired.

$ wheel drive stopped working a yr or so ago. Friend of mine who is a JD wrench told me " whatever you do , do not put any money into this machine"

So 2 fridays ago the spindle on the axle snapped. I had been looking , had a search going on on Machinary pete since the spring.

The day it snapped I found this 1025 right outside of Concord NH. its a 2022 with 180 hrs on it.

Nice machine.

1025.jpg

How many acres do you own? What's your TNW?

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

How big of rocks will something like that move?.... My new place that I will be moving into when I retire has quite a few big boulders on the property And I want to make some more trails throughout my property for my UTV, would like to be able to clear out some of these. 

I'm thinking about just renting a real big bulldozer for the job But something like what you have may come in handy for other jobs as well.

By the time you actually retire those stones will have turned to dust... :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Rent a skid steer.  So much faster.  Crazy what you can get done with one.

True story. My nephew is a sales manager at the local bobcat dealer, he brought out a track steer and a mini excavator to my brothers house.  He needed to rip down a stone wall and regrade a section of his property.  Unbelievable amount of work you can get done with those little machines.  We were building a motocross track a few years back, and I managed to get one buried.  Thankfully, we had an JD 450 and chains on site, so got it out in short order.  

7 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Not tobig,that is how I killed the first one ,overworking it. Buy one ,but rent a construction machine for moving rocks 

21 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

6.3 ,broke as shit . Even had to sell my boat shoes. Oops , I mean yacht shoes.

:lmao::bc:

GO TO PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Nice machine :bc: I was shopping for tractors last year. I liked the 1025r, but ended up with a bx2380. 

I was thinking about Kubota, but had pallet forks and a snow bucket for jd

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Snake said:

By the time you actually retire those stones will have turned to dust... :lol:

Perhaps:lol:.... it's do or die now. Pics being done at 11a.m. tomorrow. House being listed about 30k below Zillow Zestimate.  If it sells for asking price or above within about 30 days, I'm out. ....If not, retirement will be postponed once again. I'm good with either.     

Market still good with low inventory but prices have dipped a little bit with the end of summer.......not gonna chase it down. We get our price or no go. Realtor said houses have been selling above asking within 10 days of listing. 

• Like 2