Check your account email address ×

Uvalde shooter's cousin arrested in San Antonio for threatening to shoot a school

• Platinum Contributing Member

The cousin of the Uvalde, Texas, school shooter was arrested in San Antonio after threatening to commit a school shooting.

Nathan James Cruz, 17, was arrested on a felony charge of making a terroristic threat to the public and a misdemeanor charge of making a terroristic threat against a family member, according to Bexar County Central Magistrate records.

It was Cruz's mother who called the police and reported threats that her son had made, Officer Nick Soliz of the San Antonio Police Department tells NPR.

Soliz confirms that Cruz is a cousin of Salvador Ramos, the 18-year-old who killed 19 students and two teachers at Robb Elementary in Uvalde last

15 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

My boys turned out fine. :ashamed:

More and more don't seem to be ending up that way. It's not simply availability of guns like the far left likes to say. Something else is way off for these kids to have such blatant disregard for life

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HSR said:

Culture issue. 

When you have a border policy that allows millions of Illegal Immigrants into the United States from other countries that do not have the same cultural respect and values that the United States was known for, you will have these types of problems. 

35 minutes ago, HSR said:

Culture issue. 

:lol: We have too much culture?

Noooo it's your GUN CULTURE!!!1111

Gunz been around forever and part of culture since the inception of the country 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, racer254 said:

When you have a border policy that allows millions of Illegal Immigrants into the United States from other countries that do not have the same cultural respect and values that the United States was known for, you will have these types of problems. 

You could have a point if all shooters were immigrants, but they are not.

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Immigrants can cause a culture change.  And the point I made is perfectly clear.

As long as you can find someone else to point the blame at all is good right? 

We have plenty of immigrants up here, not seeing the same results. Ponderous eh?

17 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Noooo it's your GUN CULTURE!!!1111

Your words not mine :news:

Just now, HSR said:

As long as you can find someone else to point the blame at all is good right? 

We have plenty of immigrants up here, not seeing the same results. Ponderous eh?

There is a reason they don't list if they are a citizen or what their status is.  Find me the article that lists the Uvalde shooter's citizenship.

Like I said, bringing in millions of people that break the law and have different cultural values will cause a culture change.  Some people can't handle that and they act out.

24 minutes ago, racer254 said:

There is a reason they don't list if they are a citizen or what their status is.  Find me the article that lists the Uvalde shooter's citizenship.

Like I said, bringing in millions of people that break the law and have different cultural values will cause a culture change.  Some people can't handle that and they act out.

So in your opinion non US citizens/immigrants are responsible for the majority of mass shootings in America? Can you back that up with some data please?

3 hours ago, Skidooski said:

What the hell is wrong with these kids?

Just my personal opinion but here it is. I think too many kids these days are raised and taught that they have "their rights" and "their freedom" instead of being taught core family values and how to show respect for others even if they don't agree. Now they try to stretch those rights and push those freedoms to new levels and if someone doesn't agree with them there is no mutual respect hence the march's and protest's for all these new victim groups.They MUST be accepted for who they want to be. Now some will take it to the next level if they feel they aren't getting their way and think the best way to get the attention they feel they deserve is to cause a societal disaster of some sort. Respect for others has gone out the window at this point. 

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

Just my personal opinion but here it is. I think too many kids these days are raised and taught that they have "their rights" and "their freedom" instead of being taught core family values and how to show respect for others even if they don't agree. Now they try to stretch those rights and push those freedoms to new levels and if someone doesn't agree with them there is no mutual respect hence the march's and protest's for all these new victim groups.They MUST be accepted for who they want to be. Now some will take it to the next level if they feel they aren't getting their way and think the best way to get the attention they feel they deserve is to cause a societal disaster of some sort. Respect for others has gone out the window at this point. 

Or US gun culture, easier access to guns than mental health professionals, US gun laws are becoming more lax, and as you’ve seen - gun lovers look for scapegoats instead of addressing the facts and issue.  Truth is they love their guns more than kids.  

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, HSR said:

So in your opinion non US citizens/immigrants are responsible for the majority of mass shootings in America? Can you back that up with some data please?

LOL.  Is that what I said?  If this is any indication of the level of comprehension of a possible parent, no wonder the kids have issues.  Show me the immigration/citizen status of Salvador Ramos.  If you can find it.

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

LOL.  Is that what I said?  If this is any indication of the level of comprehension of a possible parent, no wonder the kids have issues.  Show me the immigration/citizen status of Salvador Ramos.  If you can find it.

:news:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

He was a us citizen 

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

Now what @racer254 ?

Nothing, I just was explaining why we have a cultural shift.  Might I remind you that you were the first to bring it up.  Then you got defensive and wanted to change it and claim I blamed all shootings on immigrants which I never did.

• Like 1